Star Traders question

wedway71

Original Poster
Can someone clarify what is going on which Star Traders and the Starcade? Was there some refurb or remodel that just happened? I just saw a few pics and it looked as if there was some changes going on?????

Californian Elitist

Can someone clarify what is going on which Star Traders and the Starcade? Was there some refurb or remodel that just happened? I just saw a few pics and it looked as if there was some changes going on?????

The Starcade was home to the Wreck-It Ralph meet and greet. Just recently the arcade video games were put back into place. The sad thing is, the second floor hasn't been in use since the late nineties. :/ While the arcade games are cool, they're a step back and not forward for Tomorrowland.

Poor Tomorrowland. It's a mess, really.

i-28TNDZ9-M.jpg

i-8WdFDKv-M.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2013/03/ugh-visiting-disneyland-resort-while.html

wedway71

Original Poster
The Starcade was home to the Wreck-It Ralph meet and greet. Just recently the arcade video games were put back into place. The sad thing is, the second floor hasn't been in use since the late nineties. :/ While the arcade games are cool, they're a step back and not forward for Tomorrowland.

i-28TNDZ9-M.jpg

i-8WdFDKv-M.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2013/03/ugh-visiting-disneyland-resort-while.html
Thanks for the info! I saw some other pics from another site and being a 25 year retail vet and now a retail Consultant- I could not believe how poorly the merchandise set up was. It looked like it was an afterthought for left over merchandise from Star Traders.

What I find interesting is that Disney does some things really well such as store design for new stores but when it comes to old unused spaces, they cant seem to keep that magic alive there as well. I say if they are not going to use the second floor just yank out the escalators and patch up the hole in the ceiling.

Californian Elitist

Thanks for the info! I saw some other pics from another site and being a 25 year retail vet and now a retail Consultant- I could not believe how poorly the merchandise set up was. It looked like it was an afterthought for left over merchandise from Star Traders.

What I find interesting is that Disney does some things really well such as store design for new stores but when it comes to old unused spaces, they cant seem to keep that magic alive there as well. I say if they are not going to use the second floor just yank out the escalators and patch up the hole in the ceiling.

Your welcome! Isn't it sad? It's pretty pathetic as well, VERY poorly done. It's shocking.

I agree, the unused spaces are seriously lacking.

GiveMeTheMusic

i-28TNDZ9-M.jpg

i-8WdFDKv-M.jpg

I love that rickety looking 1980's token machine. Makes me hear Mrs. Meers voice in my head - so sad to be all alone in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom