Star Tours: The Adventure Continues Composer

Jasonflz

Original Poster
Sorry if this has already been posted but, if you visit Michael Giacchino's main website, you'll see that one of his "upcoming" projects includes the new Star Tours attraction.

Jasonflz

Original Poster
It will be interesting hearing the work Giacchino will do for the ride.

Kind of a shame that Richard Bellis isn't returning.

WDWGoof07

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sohappy: Michael Giacchino is one of my favorite composers!

I get more excited for Star Tours 2 the more I hear about it.

jakeman

The first Star Tours doesn't contain all original music anyways. It was just a cut of music from the original trilogy.

jediace90

Haha, well now Giacchino can have Star Trek and Star Wars under his belt. It should be awesome to hear what he can do with Williams' score!

Dayma

Giacchino is supposedly a huge WDW fan. I am sure the music will be treated with a fan's respect and be great!

rodserling27

I assume this means he wont be composing, rather patching Williams' exsisting themes up for the ride.
I'm sure this will be the case, just like we've seen in the Indy Stunt SHow and the Old Star Tours soundtrack. They did the same with Marius Constant's season two theme of "The Twilight Zone" in Twilight Zone Tower of Terror Soundtrack (and a bit of Bernard Herrmann's original score as well). I'm looking forward to it!!

wolf359

Williams has become extremely selective in the projects he takes, and at 79 years old, who could blame him?

He hasn't worked for anyone other than Steven Spielberg in the last five years.

T-1MILLION

I read that John Williams was asked but turned it down.

EDIT: Actually I think I heard it on the Inside the Magic podcast.

Strange and I may find that hard to believe with the fact that just recently he composed the musical scores for Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom