Star Tours Rebel Spy

Kgw2202

Original Poster
On Star Tours, how is the rebel spy chosen? Is it random, or does a cast member choose it? My family and I go to Disney a lot, and we ride Star Tours twice almost every trip. For years none of us were chosen as the rebel spy until we started making silly faces, or saying something about being the rebel spy before the ride starts. Now half of my family has been chosen, and it's always when they say something about being the rebel spy, or make a silly face. For example, just two days ago, right before the ride started, my little sister turned to me and said," I really want to be the rebel spy today because I have a really funny face planned if they show my picture on the screen!" And sure enough when the ride started she was chosen as the rebel spy(for the third time this year!)! We are starting to believe that it isn't random and that a cast member chooses it. How do they choose the rebel spy?

Rob562

On Star Tours, how is the rebel spy chosen? Is it random, or does a cast member choose it? My family and I go to Disney a lot, and we ride Star Tours twice almost every trip. For years none of us were chosen as the rebel spy until we started making silly faces, or saying something about being the rebel spy before the ride starts. Now half of my family has been chosen, and it's always when they say something about being the rebel spy, or make a silly face. For example, just two days ago, right before the ride started, my little sister turned to me and said," I really want to be the rebel spy today because I have a really funny face planned if they show my picture on the screen!" And sure enough when the ride started she was chosen as the rebel spy(for the third time this year!)! We are starting to believe that it isn't random and that a cast member chooses it. How do they choose the rebel spy?

The CM who loads the cabin will choose the spy after they've completed the belt check and left. (If you're at a nearby gate, you can watch the CM do this on the console outside) I believe they choose the Guest and then tell the system male/female, and there might also be a default "they" if they don't want to have an embarrassing incident of mis-judging the Guest.

-Rob

Kgw2202

Original Poster
The CM who loads the cabin will choose the spy after they've completed the belt check and left. (If you're at a nearby gate, you can watch the CM do this on the console outside) I believe they choose the Guest and then tell the system male/female, and there might also be a default "they" if they don't want to have an embarrassing incident of mis-judging the Guest.

-Rob
Oh okay! That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for answering!

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

-Rob

There's also the option to let the computer pick from a list of it's own pre-selected photos to use as the spy picture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom