Star Tours II in 3D for 2011 CONFIRMED

JustInTime

They may not have replaced the intro at the very beginning of the video. That may still be Rod Serling.

The voice in the above video is not the same in our ride. The voice in the attraction has more of an accent and a deeper voice. They are not the same.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
So while we're completely on the TOT voiceover topic now...I don't know details, but the DCA version's voiceover sounded like a different person and IMO, not as good as DHS's...can anyone confirm if they used someone else?

Festivus

Has anyone seen the new picture Disney released?

http://www./2011/03/disney-reveals-new-star-tours-2-image-featuring-the-death-star-boba-fetts-ship-chasing-starspeeder-1000/

Festivus

Hadn't seen it, thanks.

Looks like there will be another Death Star run, but this time on the partially completed original Death Star, or maybe it's a precursor that is destroyed in this new version of the ride. Anyways, if there's a raid on the Death Star, as I've stated before, I hope it's a recreation of the one from ROTJ.

Iakona

Orlando Sentinel Article

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/the-...urs-disney-star-wars-03201116,0,4708248.story

Star Tours 2.0 promises the possibility of 54 different experiences when the updated attraction reopens at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida on May 20 and Disneyland in California on June 3.

Photos: Concept art for Star Tours 2.0

Star Tours 2.0, set between the "Star Wars" prequels and the original trilogy, will update the 1980s simulator ride with high-definition 3-D technology and special effects. Riders aboard the new Star Tours will have the power to change the storyline throughout the ride, resulting in a different beginning, middle and end for every journey.

In the new ride, dubbed "The Adventures Continue," participants on board the StarSpeeder 3000 transport ship will join a pod race on Tatooine, fly above the skyscrapers of Coruscant and battle Boba Fett through an asteroid field within the fictional "Star Wars" universe.

Click here to subscribe to the Sunday Orlando Sentinel for only 80 cents per week!

Although not yet confirmed, other destinations may include:

* The Wookie planet of Kashyyyk
* The unfinished Death Star space station
* Queen Amidala’s home planet of Naboo
* The snow-covered planet of Hoth

A "commercial" planned for the Star Tours 2.0 queue advertises getaway travel packages to the peaceful world of Alderaan, the cloud city of Bespin and the forest moon of Endor, but it remains unknown if the new ride will visit these destinations.

Confirmed Star Tours 2.0 characters include Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, C-3PO, R2-D2, Yoda, Boba Fett and Admiral Ackbar.

In addition, two new droid characters have been introduced for the Star Tours 2.0 ride:

* AC-38, or Ace, a Starspeeder pilot
* Aly San San, a spokesbot voiced by actress Allison Janney

DaveCummings

I'm looking forward to riding this. I'm in Disney May 16th-20th. I'm hoping that there is a bit of a soft opening earlier that week. Mainly though I'm there on the opening day of Star Tours 2, I'd like to avoid the crowds surrounding the grand opening doubled with it being the first day of Star Wars weekends.

Silver Figment

I am pretty excited for this, but it will be extremely crowded. I'll be down from May 26 to June 4 and this is during Star Wars Weekends. I've been there once before during a Star Wars Weekend and Star Tours was packed then, i can only imagine how packed it'll be with the new Star Tours. But still, i'm looking forward to it.

RSoxNo1

The good news is - the attraction can accomodate the crowds. 6 Star Speeders, 40 people per vehicle, 4 1/2 minute ride (figure 6 1/2 minute cycle time) that works out to a little over 2200 guests per hour.

thirty-seven

The good news is - the attraction can accomodate the crowds. 6 Star Speeders, 40 people per vehicle, 4 1/2 minute ride (figure 6 1/2 minute cycle time) that works out to a little over 2200 guests per hour.

I've never done Star Wars weekends, but I'm doing it this year. Do you think the wait time would be that long or is the crowd THAT big to make 2,200 guest an hour still an hour wait per ride. I know I'll be going on over and over, so I want to know how long between rides I'll be waiting lol.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've never done Star Wars weekends, but I'm doing it this year. Do you think the wait time would be that long or is the crowd THAT big to make 2,200 guest an hour still an hour wait per ride. I know I'll be going on over and over, so I want to know how long between rides I'll be waiting lol.
SWW draws huge crowds. Couple that with this being the opening of the attraction I would count on 30-60 minute waits for Star Tours.

RSoxNo1

Wait times will definitely be long during Star Wars weekends. While I've never been to Star Wars weekends, my understanding is that the crowds at Star Tours is reasonable all things considered. Having said that this year should be different. It's a new experience and the masses that are going to Star Wars weekend have never seen it.

I don't expect Potterland type crowds for Star Tours or Star Wars weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it have the longest line in the parks - at least for the Star Wars weekend crowd.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom