Star Tours hinted to receive new scenes at Star Wars Celebration

SuddenStorm

They showed the original Star Tours ride film in 4k in its entirety on stream last week (also had a panel with Tony Baxter and others). If someone downloads it from youtube and trims out the rest of the panel it's a relic the fans now have forever.

Man, that's way better than what the ride is now. But I admit I have a soft spot for practical effects. It's nice to see it in decent quality- most videos online are horrific.

SuddenStorm

this is great but what about adding new levels to SMugglers Run?

I'm pretty sure they don't change the simulator's motion with these new Star Tours scenes- so it's probably dirt cheap to create vs programming an entirely new video game for the Falcon.

That said, if they did a Death Star mission for the Falcon it'd probably make me want to actually ride it.

Nirya

I'm pretty sure they don't change the simulator's motion with these new Star Tours scenes- so it's probably dirt cheap to create vs programming an entirely new video game for the Falcon.

That said, if they did a Death Star mission for the Falcon it'd probably make me want to actually ride it.
All the new scenes have new motions to them, but you don't have to worry about it causing issues like it would with MF:SR because each car is on its own and not part of a track, so timing and motions can vary from ride to ride without causing an issue. Re-doing the Falcon wouldn't be hard per se, it would just need to be timed perfectly to work.

MagicHappens1971

All the new scenes have new motions to them, but you don't have to worry about it causing issues like it would with MF:SR because each car is on its own and not part of a track, so timing and motions can vary from ride to ride without causing an issue. Re-doing the Falcon wouldn't be hard per se, it would just need to be timed perfectly to work.
Also just timeline reasons, it's not as easy to add/or randomize the MF:SR profiles. Unlike Star Tours, they could only pick/create stories that fit within the timeframe of Episodes 7 & 8.

Nirya

Also just timeline reasons, it's not as easy to add/or randomize the MF:SR profiles. Unlike Star Tours, they could only pick/create stories that fit within the timeframe of Episodes 7 & 8.
Ehh, you could really go from prior to 7 to before 9 if you really want, or you can drop the Resistance part of the story (can't be that hard to re-record lines) and extend it out much further from pre-OT to post-ST.

MagicHappens1971

Ehh, you could really go from prior to 7 to before 9 if you really want, or you can drop the Resistance part of the story (can't be that hard to re-record lines) and extend it out much further from pre-OT to post-ST.
Batuu itself is still stuck in between episodes 7-8.

Hawkeye_2018

this is great but what about adding new levels to SMugglers Run?
My guess is they don't want to shut this ride down for an extended period to refresh it anytime soon. Also, maybe the technology is still a few years away from really making this ride everything we always wanted

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Batuu itself is still stuck in between episodes 7-8.
Actually it's between episodes 8-9.
I thought they abandoned the timeline in CA at least.
Loosely. They do feature Din Djarin, Grogu, and Boba Fett, but I suppose it is feasible they are still alive at that time.....just really old.
My guess is they don't want to shut this ride down for an extended period to refresh it anytime soon. Also, maybe the technology is still a few years away from really making this ride everything we always wanted
It probably wouldn't have to be extended. They just need to update the software on the machines running them, then maybe take a day or so to test.
There are literally dozens of OG + prequel missions on Star Tours. I have been on Star Tours countless times and have gotten more OG/Prequel ones with either Yoda, Leia or Darth
There's dozens of "combinations" of missions (700 to be exact), but there's only 4 intros (2 OG), 5 primary destinations (3 OG), 7 holograms (3 OG), and 5 secondary destinations/landings (3 OG).

D.Silentu

Respectfully, aren't there dozens of adventure scenarios that could be added within the context of Star Wars that have no bearing on the film or show related timeline?

CHOX

There are literally dozens of OG + prequel missions on Star Tours. I have been on Star Tours countless times and have gotten more OG/Prequel ones with either Yoda, Leia or Darth

Yeah, me too. Hoth and Geonosis were great but I haven’t seen those in years.

I was at Hollywood Studios last month and on three rides it was ALL Kylo instead of Vader, old Lando, Crait and Rey’s Death Star. Based upon @Phroobar post and my experience I just assumed they had it locked into place, especially since they had a poster about Rise of Skywalker outside the attraction.

Is that wrong? Do they actually play the PT and OT stuff still?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Respectfully, aren't there dozens of adventure scenarios that could be added within the context of Star Wars that have no bearing on the film or show related timeline?
Exactly. Why does the story have to be timeline driven? The current one isn't. Both Chewy and Hondo have been around since the prequel trilogy era and there's nothing else in the mission that indicated when it takes place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom