Star Tours hinted to receive new scenes at Star Wars Celebration

Sharon&Susan

Original Poster

wityblack

Why this over new Millennium Falcon missions? I guess to draw people back to a less relevant attraction, but Smuggler's is begging for new locales.

Phroobar

Told you so.

6ht893.jpg

mickEblu

FWIW I would expect Star Tours to survive a TL redo. Particularly if it’s the kind of half baked job we expect. We know it’s going to be more reskin and maybe one new ride and not some bulldozing of the whole land. I also think it would just be a bad business move to replace Star Tours. They can easily promote any show from Disney + or movie and it represents the entire saga. Not to mention the merch sales in Star Trader. What else could they put in there that would check off as many boxes?

If also doesn’t cost them very much to add new scenes to Star Tours.

Last edited:

Dear Prudence

Star Tours is superior to Smugglers' Run for me, IMO. I also don't get sick on Star Tours, so there's that. Something about waiting in line all that time to then do team work just doesn't do it for me. Both times the screens glitched and someone's controller wasn't working. SR was also too long for my tastes. I was bored by the fake out ending, especially on the first time around when my controller wasn't working. The second time my gun worked, but my friend's didn't. But if other folks do like SR, that's fine! I am happy for them! I love Star Tours and I love that it's not going anywhere! 💖🤩

Hawkeye_2018

It seems they have the technology now to do those scenes pretty fast and cost effectively, otherwise I can't imagine them doing it.

Phroobar

I just wish Star Tours put their randomizer back in. It's like we see the same small subset of scenes each time.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I just wish Star Tours put their randomizer back in. It's like we see the same small subset of scenes each time.
According to the Star Wars panel at Celebration last weekend the randomizer is on. I think they said there is something like over 56 different segments now.

mickEblu

Is it just me or are the left two simulators always prequel and OT and the right two simulators sequel trilogy. At least it feels that way.

mickEblu

Anecdotal but I was on one of the left simulators on Monday and both scenes were prequel.

So you might be on to something

Ya I think there is something there. It seems like every single time and I’ve been riding Star Tours a lot with my son the last 5-6 months

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Is it just me or are the left two simulators always prequel and OT and the right two simulators sequel trilogy. At least it feels that way.
I had the inner left one last weekend and it was all Sequel. Water moon of Endor, Old Lando, and Exegol.

mickEblu

I had the inner left one last weekend and it was all Sequel. Water moon of Endor, Old Lando, and Exegol.

Well there goes that theory although it doesn’t eliminate the possibility of the left side Being prequel/ OT heavy. It’s Just been too many times to be completely “random.”

CaptinEO

They showed the original Star Tours ride film in 4k in its entirety on stream last week (also had a panel with Tony Baxter and others). If someone downloads it from youtube and trims out the rest of the panel it's a relic the fans now have forever.

waltography

Anecdotal but I was on one of the left simulators on Monday and both scenes were prequel.

So you might be on to something
I can't recall where I read it, but I believe the prequel and sequel scene banks are separate (so you can't get a prequel scene followed by a sequel scene or vice versa, for example).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom