Star Tours Cockpit Window

Epcot_Imagineer

Original Poster
I don't know if I'm missing something, but how does the screen in the cockpit work? I'm trying to jog my memory, trying to remember if I saw a projector in the back of the vehicle which projected the images onto the screen, or if a projector's in the floor, behind the cockpit shield... :shrug:

Rob562

The screen is angled, with the projector pointing up at it from down below, essentially under the floor of the front row.

-Rob

Epcot_Imagineer

Original Poster
Yes, that would make sense, but under the first row? What if someone's feet were in the way? :ROFLOL: Wouldn't it be behind the cockpit shield, so no one could see it?

Rob562

I said under the floor, not under the seats...

Depending on just how large the projector is, it most likely sticks up a bit behind the solid wall in front of the front row.

I also believe I read somewhere that the simulators originally had film projectors, with a large, elaborate bin-loop system that ran under the entire floor of the cabin.

-Rob

Epcot_Imagineer

Original Poster
Sorry! You said under the first row, so I assumed you meant under the seats :p Under the entire cabin... thank you Imagineers for designing that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom