Standard View at Boardwalk

HouCuseChickie

Original Poster
It's already one of my favorite resorts to visit, but we're finally going to stay there for a few nights this summer. I'm going with a standard view because I really don't need to look out at the boardwalk itself and I only book garden view when I can't get a discounted standard. That being said, I'm wondering what kind of room requests come up during online check in.

I'm thinking back on our stay at YC and thinking I probably want to ask for something closer to the lobby and/or an elevator (since BWI also looks sort of long), but wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

RememberWhen

I can’t answer specifically about what Check in options come up, but I can confirm those hallways are super long. Don’t forget that stairs are an option (assuming your party can safely navigate stairs). Taking the stairs down on your way out in the morning can save a bit of time. Have fun!

surfsupdon

Standard view rooms are all close to the lobby. They are the rooms that overlook the front of the resort and only in one wing. Ask for a higher floor as the lower floor looks at the trellis that is used to shelter the covered path to the bus stop. There are a few standard rooms that overlook the Village Green. I'd call and ask to put that on my reservation, although not guaranteed. These are rooms with obstructed lake and boardwalk views.

The Garden View is any room on the interior of the Resort, overlooking the manicured gardens and quiet pool. Water View is directly on the Boardwalk.

Remember that BoardWalk does not have emergency exits that take you down to the boardwalk side. You always exit on the interior of the Resort, around the gardens and pools. This was done so Resort Guests had privacy. The only way into the Resort from the boardwalk itself is through the main lobby.

RememberWhen

If you’re staying on the inn side I can’t speak to that. On the villa side there at least one door that goes out onto the Boardwalk on the corner close to the boat next to the store. And the ones on the other side can give you a good jump strat on your way to the pool or MGM.

correcaminos

If you’re staying on the inn side I can’t speak to that. On the villa side there at least one door that goes out onto the Boardwalk on the corner close to the boat next to the store. And the ones on the other side can give you a good jump strat on your way to the pool or MGM.
Yep, we like those doors to get in and out to the quiet pool, Boardwalk area and such. Makes 1st floor very convenient. The inn side has some exists but not on the Boardwalk side. Issue is all the shops on the inn side. The Villas have the opening to the main pool that helps too.

Sulley_1313

We got back from an impromptu trip from the Boardwalk Inn on Sunday. We booked a Standard View, and that was hands down the best room location we have had a resort. It was on the first floor, close to the elevator, lobby, exit to the boardwalk, etc. It was Room 1312, for what it is worth. The room assignment fairies were on our side check-in day.

Simba’s Mom

Standard view rooms are all close to the lobby.

Things must have changed. Thanks so much for letting me know. Last time I stayed in a Standard view at Boardwalk, which I admit was close to 10 years ago, I had a really nice room very far out. Yes, it overlooked the bus stop, but it was way off in the distance and there was a big lawn in front of me. One of my further walks from the lobby. Unfortunately, as I think of it, it was before I got into the habit of taking a photo of my room number, so I don't know it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom