Standard View at AkL... Pics?

princessmommy

Original Poster
Does anybody have pictures of a standard view at animal Kingdom Lodge?
I just upgraded our June stay from CBR to standard view at AKL...
So
Excited!!!!!!

righttrack

There are a couple of standard rooms there I wouldn't make my worst enemy stay in. They face the bus line and are very low. It's like people waiting for the park buses can look right over your terrace. I would request a high floor for a standard room there just to rule those 5 or 6 rooms out.

princessmommy

Original Poster
There are a couple of standard rooms there I wouldn't make my worst enemy stay in. They face the bus line and are very low. It's like people waiting for the park buses can look right over your terrace. I would request a high floor for a standard room there just to rule those 5 or 6 rooms out.

Great advice! Thank you!

Can you request a certain "trail" when doing online checkin?

princessmommy

Original Poster
We upgraded from POFQ to AKL standard room as well fro the end of April beginning of May. We booked a king size room.

Isn't it so exciting?!?!?

I did it and I'm not telling anyone until we get there!
I'm a terrible secret keeper, but it will be worth it!
My parents are going and I was so worried about my dad having to use a scooter at the moderates because they are so laid out.
I paid for their upgrade and am not telling them either.
They have taken me on vacations my whole life, so it ismy turn to spoil them a little. Mom will be so mad ( not really, but you know what I mean)...

So excited!

DrummerAlly

Does anybody have pictures of a standard view at animal Kingdom Lodge?
I just upgraded our June stay from CBR to standard view at AKL...
So
Excited!!!!!!

We've stayed there twice with bookings for standard rooms and have been upgraded both times to Savanna view (though I noted that both were probably less than popular savannah views). I have a feeling that upgrades are frequent here.... Or maybe we're just very lucky. Enjoy the resort - it's wonderful!

JasonDeyoung

I had a standard room and it over looked the parking near the lobby. 5th floor and I didnt mind it at all. Had great views of the sunset every night. Was quiet.

Last edited:

megustamex

I had a standard room and it over looked the parking near the lobby. 5th floor and I didnt mind it at all. Had great views of the sunset every night. Was quiet.
Completely agree! If you overlook the parking lot you will see some of the most amazing Florida sunsets ever...and I lived near the gulf. Somehow AKL is just perfectly situated for great sunsets. We stayed in the standard rooms several times and never had a bad view.

JasonDeyoung

Completely agree! If you overlook the parking lot you will see some of the most amazing Florida sunsets ever...and I lived near the gulf. Somehow AKL is just perfectly situated for great sunsets. We stayed in the standard rooms several times and never had a bad view.
I live in Tampa by the Gulf as well! But as for the room, I wish I had the pictures but I had a couple of the sunsets from the balcony and bed and they were awesome! Plus they have so much trees you don't even hardly see the parking lot.

thompson2224

How do people get upgraded to the savannah view for free? Ive got a standard view for July 16th-22nd and I will be traveling there for my birthday. Ive heard that its not worth it to pay for the Savannah view but then Ive heard that a lot of people get upgraded to it or a better view for free, but how?

surfsupdon

My standard view was right above the Gift Ship entrance, facing the parking lot. But it was like I was in a cave. The majorly sloped roof cut down to well below the floor of the balcony, and let in ZERO natural sunlight.

I immediately called front desk, was polite, and was given another room. I didn't know at AKL that natural sunlight does not make it to all of the rooms. I laughed and explained to the CM that any standard view room with the ability to see the sky and get sunlight inside the room would be fine.

I kid you not--you were not able to see the sky, even in the horizon.

dreamfinder

You can see some standard view room views here -> http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=9 These are for DVC units, but regular hotel rooms are in the same areas, just different floor. Standard view room will overlook parking lot, pool, or less attractive areas of the savannah. Possibly pens, gates, work areas, etc.

How do people get upgraded to the savannah view for free? Ive got a standard view for July 16th-22nd and I will be traveling there for my birthday. Ive heard that its not worth it to pay for the Savannah view but then Ive heard that a lot of people get upgraded to it or a better view for free, but how?

There are plenty of rooms that overlook the savannah, but as I said have a less than perfect view of the savannah. @lentesta and his team also have a great section on their site where you can drill down to the individual sections of Jambo House and see how each room is classified.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom