Standard room vs perferred at Disney All-Star Sports

jaw62901

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the standard room and perferred room at the Disney All-Star Sports resort. I am working with Susan at Dreams Unlimited to change my reservation over from CBR to the Gold Dream Makers package at the AS Sports resort and was told that the building I want touchdown is not a perferred building, but Surf's up is. This is a solo trip so, I kind of had my heart set on staying at the touchdown building, but if the Surf's up is nicer, that might change my mind.

Thanks,

Jason

wdwkid17

I stayed at the All-Star Music in Feb, and we choose th preferred room for like 10 bucks more per nihgt and it was a good choice in our opion. You are in the buildin closest to the entrace which has the lobby, transportation, food, arcade etc. SO i enjoyed being close to all that becasue the resort is very big.

Upvote 0

alee4eva

It's def. worth doing the preferred to get closer to the food court in the mornings if u like coffee or tea or breakfast. It's a real pain if you have to walk a long ways and walk back and ur carrying a tray.

Upvote 0

Nintendo18

I am pretty sure that the difference between them is that preffered room locations are in the buildings closest to the main building, while standard rooms are farther.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

That is my understanding.

"Preferred Room" has to do with the location.

All the rooms are the same (size, number of sinks, etc.) on the inside except for decor.

With the Gold Package, you won't be dependant upon the food court, so go with your heart's desire--Touchdown.

Upvote 0

Figaro

If you are staying at the Sports, I would just request a room in the Touchdown building. We didn't have to pay $10 extra a night for a preferred room and it was extremely close to the food court. We had a room 3 rooms away from the stairs which were practically next to the food court entrance. Very convenient.

Upvote 0

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I think your question has already been answered. It's purely a location thing, no other differences.

This January was my first trip with it as an option, and I jumped at it. We spend a lot of time walking back and forth when we are there (grab some breakfast, back to the room to clean up, back to the bus, end of the day, back to the room to clean up, then back to the food court, then maybe some late night video games, munchies, or a trip to the gift shop for a magazine or something we forgot). It adds up, if you get stuck at one of the far buildings, it can be a fairly long walk each time.

But heck, you'll be at Disney World, so matter what you decide, you'll be having a great time.:)

Upvote 0

Badger Brent

I think the preferred also includes the option of connecting rooms for large groups or families. We booked this last week and the location was a nice factor, but the connecting room clinched it for us. I think in order to have connecting rooms you must have the right ratio of adults to kids.

Upvote 0

All Star Nathan

This change occured after I left Disney but there was much talk about it before I went. Basically that extra 10 dollars a night gets you closer and hopefully a pool view. As long as you "request" Touchdown you shouldn't have any problems. If you feel you are too far away you can always ask again at check in. If you do get there and they cant accomodate you with your room choice you can always upgrade the package at the hotel to a prefered room. In my opinion that extra 10 dollars a night isn't anywhere near worth it.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

Here's what we've done EVERY time.

Book at the cheapest possible rate, and then when you check in, ask to pick your building. They've always let us, without a second thought.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom