Stand up carriage?

Danielle1010

morning! First time at Disney and we have a 18 month old...we're not sure what to bring as far as carriage wise...we have a jogger stroller that is super cozy n has great storage however our little one hates carriages lately...I'm thinking about getting one of those carriages a child can sit or stand on? Anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking standing holding on might make him feel "cool" lol I'm trying to make this trip as easy as possible

Pixieish

morning! First time at Disney and we have a 18 month old...we're not sure what to bring as far as carriage wise...we have a jogger stroller that is super cozy n has great storage however our little one hates carriages lately...I'm thinking about getting one of those carriages a child can sit or stand on? Anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking standing holding on might make him feel "cool" lol I'm trying to make this trip as easy as possible
Don't bring a sit-and-stand stroller if you can at all avoid it. It's like trying to lug a double-stroller around and isn't easy to get onto the buses or tram at the Ticket and Transportation Center (we did it twice - it was awful). Your best bet is to practice holding hands with him whenever you can before your trip and bring the jogger (or a lightweight stroller - they have nice, inexpensive ones at Walmart) in case he needs it (which he undoubtedly will...we weren't able to ditch our stroller at Disney until our youngest was 4). He may not want to use the stroller at home, but he'll be super grateful you guys have it with you in the parks because that is a hellacious amount of walking for such a young kiddo. He'll probably start out the day rearing to go and holding hands, but I'd bet that before lunch, his little legs may need a good rest and he'll be happy to ride.

Upvote 0

Danielle1010

Original Poster
Don't bring a sit-and-stand stroller if you can at all avoid it. It's like trying to lug a double-stroller around and isn't easy to get onto the buses or tram at the Ticket and Transportation Center (we did it twice - it was awful). Your best bet is to practice holding hands with him whenever you can before your trip and bring the jogger (or a lightweight stroller - they have nice, inexpensive ones at Walmart) in case he needs it (which he undoubtedly will...we weren't able to ditch our stroller at Disney until our youngest was 4). He may not want to use the stroller at home, but he'll be super grateful you guys have it with you in the parks because that is a hellacious amount of walking for such a young kiddo. He'll probably start out the day rearing to go and holding hands, but I'd bet that before lunch, his little legs may need a good rest and he'll be happy to ride.

Thank you so much! I'm worried him walking means us getting nowhere lmao but this is good info thank u do u know about Keenz Stroller wagon at all?

Upvote 0

Nemo14

Wagons are not permitted in the parks. I'd like to think that if he gets tired enough, he'll ride in the stroller, but I do remember carrying my daughter through the parks at 2 years old because she didn't want anything to do with the stroller or with her father carrying her. Good luck and enjoy your vacation - those darn kids grow up so fast!

Upvote 0

Missy_May

I would 100% take something that can recline so he can take a nap if needed. We’ve done this age group several times and the stroller naps were always life savers. We just take a blanket that can be draped over the stroller and it works.

Upvote 0

615marsh

I would 100% take something that can recline so he can take a nap if needed. We’ve done this age group several times and the stroller naps were always life savers. We just take a blanket that can be draped over the stroller and it works.

Ditto! Stroller naps were life savers! I had a 4yr old and 2.5yr old on our last trip. We rented a double jogging stroller from Kingdom Strollers. They delivered the stroller to our rental and then picked it up again at the end of our stay. It was great! But we stayed off-site that year and drove our own van to the parks each day. I haven't attempted a stroller on Disney transportation.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Thank you so much! I'm worried him walking means us getting nowhere lmao but this is good info thank u do u know about Keenz Stroller wagon at all?
I am in love with the Keenze and the push is Amazing! The only reason we didn’t purchase was because the youngest of our 6 children are 5 and 2.5.
The Keenz is ALLOWED in the park because of the push option. There are many FB posts about the Stroller Wagon in Disney Parks in the Kneez FB group, which you should join.
Many on this Fourm don’t know much about Strollers and I bite my toung often when parents of one kid who have taken two trips recommend a crap stroller. We have 25+ trips in 15 years and only two with out a stroller. Keenze is a new Stroller on the markets that has a harness for riders, and it pushes like a stroller. Some had been stopped by parking lot attendants but have been admitted into the parks by security.
Heck do a google search and you will see pics of them in the parks.
If my babies were younger I would do this. Some things to know: UppaBaby cup holders work on the frame and there are quite a few Ikea Hacks to make a washable liner.
Anyway have a Magical vacation:)

Upvote 0

Pixieish

I am in love with the Keenze and the push is Amazing! The only reason we didn’t purchase was because the youngest of our 6 children are 5 and 2.5.
The Keenz is ALLOWED in the park because of the push option. There are many FB posts about the Stroller Wagon in Disney Parks in the Kneez FB group, which you should join.
Many on this Fourm don’t know much about Strollers and I bite my toung often when parents of one kid who have taken two trips recommend a crap stroller. We have 25+ trips in 15 years and only two with out a stroller. Keenze is a new Stroller on the markets that has a harness for riders, and it pushes like a stroller. Some had been stopped by parking lot attendants but have been admitted into the parks by security.
Heck do a google search and you will see pics of them in the parks.
If my babies were younger I would do this. Some things to know: UppaBaby cup holders work on the frame and there are quite a few Ikea Hacks to make a washable liner.
Anyway have a Magical vacation:)
I'm sorry, but that's rather rude of you to assume that I don't know what I'm talking about. We've taken a double-stroller, an expensive stroller, and an inexpensive stroller to the parks and rest assured, the one that was the least amount of hassle was the inexpensive one simply because of how it folded up. And I, for one, wouldn't want to risk being turned away from the parks because of a wagon the park staff may not be familiar with.

@Danielle1010, as long as whatever you bring isn't pulled behind you, you'll be fine - the pulling behind is a safety issue.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I'm sorry, but that's rather rude of you to assume that I don't know what I'm talking about. We've taken a double-stroller, an expensive stroller, and an inexpensive stroller to the parks and rest assured, the one that was the least amount of hassle was the inexpensive one simply because of how it folded up. And I, for one, wouldn't want to risk being turned away from the parks because of a wagon the park staff may not be familiar with.

@Danielle1010, as long as whatever you bring isn't pulled behind you, you'll be fine - the pulling behind is a safety issue.
Cheryl, not aimed at you since you have sound advice. Also you don’t have one child and one trip as I stated in my post.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Here is the Keenz Stroller in Magic Kingdom via a simple Google image search.

Attachments

• A6DCEC24-F0C0-471B-85EE-7AA2EE401511.jpeg
    A6DCEC24-F0C0-471B-85EE-7AA2EE401511.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0

Cmoore12282

Going back to OP...we have been right where you are. Our daughter has always been anti-stroller. We have the big wheeled jogger and later bought a sit n' stand stroller for the exact reasons you described. From our experience 18 months will probably be too young for the standing stroller, especially if your little one is as independent as ours. We got the stander after her 2nd birthday and it didn't go as well as we hoped. It was "cool" for a few minutes but then she just tried to get off for every little thing that sparkled and she hates being tied down. We had many many training days at the zoo but didn't help much. She is over 3.5 now and it's still a fight.
We did take the jogger for her 1st trip to disney at 18 months though. We didn't use it a lot but when she finally gave in it was nice to have. The jogger is better for napping. The sun shade was much bigger than the stander and smoother ride. The biggest downside to the jogger is the large wheels on a crowded bus but you won't be alone on that.
We used the stander for her 2nd trip at 2.5 years. We barely let her use the stander part because of the constant on and off. And its actually hard to steer when she is sitting all the way up front. It is slightly better on the buses. It folds up skinnier but is a little bit longer. We will give the stander another try for our January trip in hopes she is old enough to use it properly now. M&m' s always help too.

Upvote 0

Pixieish

Going back to OP...we have been right where you are. Our daughter has always been anti-stroller. We have the big wheeled jogger and later bought a sit n' stand stroller for the exact reasons you described. From our experience 18 months will probably be too young for the standing stroller, especially if your little one is as independent as ours. We got the stander after her 2nd birthday and it didn't go as well as we hoped. It was "cool" for a few minutes but then she just tried to get off for every little thing that sparkled and she hates being tied down. We had many many training days at the zoo but didn't help much. She is over 3.5 now and it's still a fight.
We did take the jogger for her 1st trip to disney at 18 months though. We didn't use it a lot but when she finally gave in it was nice to have. The jogger is better for napping. The sun shade was much bigger than the stander and smoother ride. The biggest downside to the jogger is the large wheels on a crowded bus but you won't be alone on that.
We used the stander for her 2nd trip at 2.5 years. We barely let her use the stander part because of the constant on and off. And its actually hard to steer when she is sitting all the way up front. It is slightly better on the buses. It folds up skinnier but is a little bit longer. We will give the stander another try for our January trip in hopes she is old enough to use it properly now. M&m' s always help too.
Someone seriously needs to make the sit-and-stand strollers easier to maneuver...they really stink.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom