Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

TarzanRocked99-

Considering now marks the point where kids are going back to school, no this isn't an odd sight. But you acting like DHS was closing at 7pm THE ENTIRE SUMMER is just laughable.

Over the next few weeks all the parks will begin closing earlier, as they do every year once school kicks in. Nothing new, shocking or worrisome.

Ok last post and I'm done because this conversation is going nowhere. I never said the DHS had 7:00pm closes all summer, and yes some schools are starting back up including the local area but..... historically 7:00pm in August is early. Thats all I am saying and I don't know why anyone should worry about any of this, because quite frankly its not all that important. Disney will continue to make LOTS of money, Universal will make more money that they used to, and I will will now continue with my work day.

peace

IWant2GoNow

No idea. But like I said, they might be trying to keep it under wraps for a while. Not only has the art has been updated (as far back as 2/10) but detailed plans for these differences have also been made.

Wow, that long ago, huh? That's pretty interesting. Thanks for the info as usual, raven. :wave:

Next Big Thing

Yes a franchise that has been dominating the bookshelves and theatres for over decade is just a fad. :rolleyes:

A new high tech ride is just a fad :cool:
It might not just be a fad, but it's not gonna last forever either. It'll get expanded within the next few years, but then what? After that there's no where to go. Pretty much no where left for them to expand, no new books for a long time at that point and the movie franchise will be over too. It's a nice place but it is base off something that, like I said, has ran it's course in the book series and the movie franchise is almost done with. After a Phase 2, it'll be pretty much completed and the day that phase two ends...the next major thing I see WWOHP seeing is an unpleasant death (not for awhile, but you get what i'm saying).

WDWFigment

If you haven't complete abandoned this thread and read this response...:lol:

I think the same thing happened to MGM that has happened to DAK (albeit for different reasons) the ambitions of the original design and scope have been lost and adapted over time, leaving us with what we have now. Not that it is bad, it just lends itself to some "clunky" parts of the park.

We can only hope that in the future the park evolves into a nice balance. I don't see us returning to the original vision.

Agreed completely. I am probably one of the few people here who doesn't have much of a problem with the Studios as it currently stands. Yes, it could use a few more rides, but if I had my way, they'd all have more rides! I realize what my inner-fanboy wants and what is pragmatic from a business perspective don't always jive. It's a full day park for us, although probably not a multiple day park (maybe an EMH morning to hit the headliners after a full day) like EC and MK.

Oh, and I will be abandoning the thread after this; it seems thoughtful replies (even if they are off topic :lookaroun) are going to get lost in the mess from here on out.

Next Big Thing

That might have something to do with Florida Public Schools starting though. Local families won't be coming as much during the week now.
Naw, I can definitely say that I was there for a good week over July 4th and DHS was closing at or around 7 just about every night.

devoy1701

Agreed completely. I am probably one of the few people here who doesn't have much of a problem with the Studios as it currently stands. Yes, it could use a few more rides, but if I had my way, they'd all have more rides! I realize what my inner-fanboy wants and what is pragmatic from a business perspective don't always jive. It's a full day park for us, although probably not a multiple day park (maybe an EMH morning to hit the headliners after a full day) like EC and MK.

Oh, and I will be abandoning the thread after this; it seems thoughtful replies (even if they are off topic :lookaroun) are going to get lost in the mess from here on out.

DHS is and always will be my favorite park just the way it is. The ambience is perfect...but hey...I think I was born a couple decades too late anyway.

IWant2GoNow

My opinion is the most serious issue is the complete fiasco Imagination has become followed by Energy's outdated storyline. Yeti is minor to the vast majority of guests. It just isn't that big an issue. Ironic.

Imagination is definitely a disaster. I won't disagree with you there. But to take down Imagination for a redo would be fairly easy compared to trying to take down E:E for its much needed refurbishment.

Hardly anyone is going to Imagination right now (aside from revisiting with Captain EO). Take that pavilion down and hardly anyone notices and gets excited for the future of it. Take E:E down and the whole park just about collapses.

Park needs are GREATLY in favor of AK at the moment. And I'm not just biased because our stationary friend in the mountain.

jakeman

:lol: I'll close with saying I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with DHS in its current form.

The comparison was the "work studios" mentality fading/being reinterpreted over time to the "animals that were, are, and never will be" experiences the same metamorphosis.

EpcotFanForever

That's why I said Neverland... Peter Pan has the Lost Boys... Tink can have her smaller version of Pixie Hollow and her M&G...A new, modern, e ticket Peter Pan dark ride could be constructed.. It appeals to boys and girls.. Add in the duels and fights you have in the princess movies, and now it is balanced.. The only issue with my Neverland suggestion is where the two Dumbo's go..

So, given that the hint is already around, they reopened Captain EO and will now BUY the rides from Neverland Ranch and open a new land that appeals to young boys.

Er... um... could happen....

mickeymouse090

Super excited for this expansion in Fantasyland! It's been overdue! I'm even more excited that it is slated to be done when we have our next trip planned. I will be taking my niece for the first time & it will be great having all of these new things to discover with her! :sohappy:

PurpleRose

OF COURSE Potter is going to be packed. It's new and exciting. A new experience. You can totally emerse yourself in the Potter world. For fans, it is a dream come true. I have heard all about butterbeer, the shopping, and the Forbidden Journey ride. I will be spending a week in Disney in November and one day out of five I will be at Potter. I will not see anything of Uni or the rest of IoA. Just Potter. One day. Out of Five. And I don't think I am alone in that.

The only things I was really looking forward to out of the proposed plans was the BatB and LMA. I had felt they could do so much more than the other proposed ideas. I can't wait to hear about what the creative has come up with now. I am still a fan of the Neverland idea but alas. We shall see together, hm?

mgf

In 2009, USO's attendance fell 10% and IoA's attendance fell 11.3%. In 2010, attendance was up by 2% for the summer which, looking at total attendance at both parks and assuming this gain is represented for an entire calendar year, is a gain of 203,104 guests or only 92,540 if we assuming it was all at IOA because of HP. A 2% gain after a 10% loss is not that great.

In 2009, attendance at WDW was up .5-1% at each park. In 2010, assuming attendance was down 2% for the summer that represents a loss of 950,260. Disney is maybe just now seeing a loss.

Granted the stats are misleading because we only have yearly numbers to evaluate. What this does show, however, that the USO/IoA and WDW are not even on the same playing field. A 2% gain because of HP is not a significant dent in WDW. Something else (ie the bad economy) is driving attendance down. [Please do not start the Wal*marting War.] Not to mention that USO/IoA was on the brink of bankruptcy before HP and they may still be. This amounted to a Hail Mary (which was caught) but may not win the game overall. To assume HP is killing Disney is an oversimplification of the problem and shows a complete disregard for evidence.

(I know I am overlooking discounts, etc. My point was to emphasize raw attendance numbers.)

Source: http://www.teaconnect.org/etea/2009ThemeIndex.pdf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom