Staggs promoted to COO

BrerJon

Oh man. Nothing says "I'm one of you" liked staged footage of an exec pretending to do the job of a lowly grunt!

When I first saw that video at D23 I found it depressing as in the old days, Michael Eisner or even Walt himself would have helped out to get a feel for frontline life without needing a camera crew or any excuse other than to learn how the parks tick.

Oriolesmagic

Say what you want about Staggs, but I found this (2011 D23 Expo) amusing:

Don't know much about him but he does seem to have a pretty good sense of humor! Even if it is staged for the camera.

Can somebody who's more in the know list out some of the good/not-so-good things he's done?

wdwfan4ver

I happy that it Staggs, not Jay Rasulo having the position. The doesn't mean I am thrilled with Staggs, but he is better at the Theme park and resort division than Jay was. Jay was the person responsible for the original plans of the New Fantasy Land, why Universal got Harry Potter, and the over budgeted Mymagic plus.

WDW1974

gotta say...a little surprised they actually named a COO. Let the Gnashing of teeth begin on the CEO race. But I think @WDW1974 even said that the COO announcement wasn't an automatic guarantee of the CEO job.

I'll repeat what I just said on my thread before we have 32 pages here of folks repeating WDC talking points that the media will largely repeat and reaching the wrong conclusion:

One down (and on his way out of the company very soon).

One to go. :cool::devilish::)

lebeau

Good: Rode Kilimanjaro Safaris and pointed out how dumb the Big Red / Little Red story was with an animatronic elephant as the culmination of a ride filled with actual real life animals. Immediately ordered the ride to be reimagined.

Problem with that is the new version basically just ends. They didn't so much reimagine it as take out the ending.

wdwfan4ver

Don't know much about him but he does seem to have a pretty good sense of humor! Even if it is staged for the camera.

Can somebody who's more in the know list out some of the good/not-so-good things he's done?
He changed parts of the New Fantasy land from what Jay planned. Staggs was responsible for the Mine Train and Story Book Circus Land.

Staggs got a rid of Pixie Hallow that was party of Jay's New Fantasy Land for the Magic Kingdom. Pixie Hallow was supposed to be a big meet and great area. Jay's version supposed to have the mermaid ride, Be Our Guest, Dueling Dumbos and a big meet and Greet area called Pixie Hallow.

Oriolesmagic

He changed parts of the New Fantasy land from what Jay planned. Staggs was responsible for the Mine Train and Story Book Circus Land.

Staggs got a rid of Pixie Hallow that was party of Jay's New Fantasy Land for the Magic Kingdom. Pixie Hallow was supposed to be a big meet and great area. Jay's version supposed to have the mermaid ride, Be Our Guest, Dueling Dumbos and a big meet and Greet area called Pixie Hallow.

Okay, so it seems like his main contribution so far in the company has been the change in the New Fantasyland plans? I like the Mine Train considerably more, not so sure that the SBCL is any better than Pixie Hollow though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom