Stacey of the Must Do's

Berret

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Hey everyone. I'm just curious, because she's been such a long-time feature of Disney World, at least on Disney's TVs, has anyone here actually met her? I'm also curious if you've ever seen her during the filming of different segments, and what she does for Disney, if anything, when she's not doing the Must Do's. Also, if you want, I'm curious of your opinion of her. I think she's kinda cool, but I will say, I do miss the narrated overviews of the parks and other amenities that used to be played before Stacey started doing her thing.

Phonedave

Hey everyone. I'm just curious, because she's been such a long-time feature of Disney World, at least on Disney's TVs, has anyone here actually met her? I'm also curious if you've ever seen her during the filming of different segments, and what she does for Disney, if anything, when she's not doing the Must Do's. Also, if you want, I'm curious of your opinion of her. I think she's kinda cool, but I will say, I do miss the narrated overviews of the parks and other amenities that used to be played before Stacey started doing her thing.

Stacey Aswad does do other things in her career. However, I believe that mostly she stays out of trouble, and remains low key, in order to maintain her sweet deal as the face of WDW. Pretty smart if you ask me.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1846428/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Berret

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I don't know how often changes up its lineup of park overviews, but it does seem like Stacey has been there quite a long time. Not saying that's bad, I'm just curious what Disney would do if they decided to no longer use Stacey.

Goofyernmost

I don't know how often changes up its lineup of park overviews, but it does seem like Stacey has been there quite a long time. Not saying that's bad, I'm just curious what Disney would do if they decided to no longer use Stacey.
She will probably stay until one of two things happen (or possibly both) First, if she gets a steady gig someplace else and decides that he has run out of perk. Second, when her looks change enough that they cannot splice in new "must sees" without it being obvious that a lot of years have passed by since the originals were filmed. That will be coming soon as youth is a fleeting thing. She will not be getting that atomic wedgie at Summit Plummet when she is in her 60's and have it have the same affect.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, the script never changed to much when Kryssa did the first T7MS@WDW in 2003/2004...

Once Stacy took Kryssa's Place in 2005....Stacy added a little more humor to it

She made it watching more fun and which is why my Avatar is my Triple Babe Whammy (a Nod to her Triple Mountain Whammy) of Kryssa, Erin Cahill (Who hosted the HCOE Vacation Planner 2005 DVD and Pink Time Force Power Ranger) And of Course...Stacy.. You can find her website here..
https://www.staceyjaswad.com/

Plus if your into voice acting (Like myself) She hosts a show on youtube every sunday called VO Buzz Weekly that interviews several voice actors..https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvRAWnbt3DkuMPyP3S60qwA

Phonedave

Well, the script never changed to much when Kryssa did the first T7MS@WDW in 2003/2004...

Once Stacy took Kryssa's Place in 2005....Stacy added a little more humor to it

She made it watching more fun and which is why my Avatar is my Triple Babe Whammy (a Nod to her Triple Mountain Whammy) of Kryssa, Erin Cahill (Who hosted the HCOE Vacation Planner 2005 DVD and Pink Time Force Power Ranger) And of Course...Stacy.. You can find her website here..
https://www.staceyjaswad.com/

Plus if your into voice acting (Like myself) She hosts a show on youtube every sunday called VO Buzz Weekly that interviews several voice actors..https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvRAWnbt3DkuMPyP3S60qwA

Someone on an other thread was looking for a picture of the orange robot in Space Ranger Spin during the brief time that it said "Rocke'em Sock'em" on it and the ride was sponsored by Mattel.

Well, if you take a screen grab of the Kryssa's video at 14:24, there you go. No idea how I spotted there.

Cmdr_Crimson

Someone on an other thread was looking for a picture of the orange robot in Space Ranger Spin during the brief time that it said "Rocke'em Sock'em" on it and the ride was sponsored by Mattel.

Well, if you take a screen grab of the Kryssa's video at 14:24, there you go. No idea how I spotted there.

Great find of that...I will Alt+Print screen that and post it...

danyoung56

I was a big Kryssa fan. And you can see Erin Cahill pop up on TV from time to time. She was just on a medical show last week - I think it was The Resident.

Goofyernmost

Kryssa, was my favorite. She combined the correct amount of silly with perk and seriousness. Stacy is OK, but, Kryssa has my heart. Erin and the 2005 vacation video was absolutely the best vacation video that they ever made. I would sit with my grandkids for hours on end watching that one when we were getting everyone charged up for our big family trip in 2008. They even found a way to capture the obnoxiousness of a teenager in that one.

donaldtoo

She was interviewed several years ago by Lou Mongello on one of his podcasts.
It was actually a very interesting interview, and as the IMDb page indicates, she's quite the "Stacey of all (entertainment/media) trades".

AndyS2992

They really need to either replace Stacey entirely or reshoot all the footage with her from scratch as with the the current video she visually ages from one shot to the next. The footage has been shot sporadically from 2005 to today. Over ten years of mixed footage. It’s a bit messy.

mousekedoc

Premium Member

I might be odd, but the first thing i do when i get to my room is to find the towel Mickey, then turn on the t.v. Just to hear her talk. I remember my first stay and heard her on the t.v. and thought
“Boy that’s gonna get old fast”. It’s been ten years of multiple stays for me and my family and now it’s an auditory memory that starts the stay.

PizzaPlanet

Kryssa, was my favorite. She combined the correct amount of silly with perk and seriousness. Stacy is OK, but, Kryssa has my heart. Erin and the 2005 vacation video was absolutely the best vacation video that they ever made. I would sit with my grandkids for hours on end watching that one when we were getting everyone charged up for our big family trip in 2008. They even found a way to capture the obnoxiousness of a teenager in that one.
That was the one with Dave right? The guy who liked benches?

Cmdr_Crimson

This is still the best one to watch...They need to get them all back for WDW's 50th!

I was a big Kryssa fan. And you can see Erin Cahill pop up on TV from time to time. She was just on a medical show last week - I think it was The Resident.

She does several things but, she's most recognized being the Time Force Pink Power Ranger..

1696575_orig.jpg

That was the one with Dave right? The guy who liked benches?
Ah yes, Can't forget Dave Wilk....
775f17bb-c9bc-4925-92b5-dca3770dcf04-medium.jpg

Still my favorite thing is the hidden Easter Egg on the Dvd and that's the Blooper Reel...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom