SSE Walkthrough

flynnibus

Premium Member
this photo.. just to make @marni1971 cry..

just sitting there behind sheets

OD7rz24.jpg

gooftroop5

Very cool to see all the details and stats. This is one of my family's favorite rides.

I honestly don't remember "the former ending". However, am I seeing that correctly?!? They just threw some black tarps over things and painted other things black to change the ending?

aladdin2007

the pics were interesting, cool, sad, disgusting, filthy.........notice the order of those words with the order of the ride scenes.

I have said it before and will keep saying it, both Disney and Siemens should be ashamed at the show quality or lack thereof with the second half. But sadly they aren't, because it saved them money.

NiarrNDisney

I'm surprised that they only lightly painted over some of the old scenes instead of just removing them entirely though I suppose it was easier and much cheaper!

ICE11720

Interesting to see, cool topic nice article, but overall a disappointment for me. Always make me want the Jeremy irons version back.

Off Topic, But ABQ Is Your Avatar from Full Throttle.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Wow, I knew they were hiding the old stuff in the descent tunnel, but gee! How much effort could it possibly take to remove that stuff if they got it in there in the first place?

yensid67

WOW! On one hand it was nice to be reminded what SSE(my old workplace) looked like with work lights on, but I was quickly reminded of evacuating guests from the Planetarium and down ALL THOSE STEPS! What a work out! But it does sadden me to see the covered up scenes...how cheaply it was done and to see all the dirt! This is not the Haunted Mansion where dust is welcomed!

StarWarsGirl

The attention to detail on this attraction is incredible. There's so much that most guests will probably never notice or be able to see, yet they felt the need to include in in the attraction.

Like this:
m2m9AXQ.jpg

Or this:
zNnro4t.jpg

Or this:
Xn2YnlO.jpg

Interesting how the newer scenes don't have this attention to detail...

I also found it interesting that in the ancient Greece scene, the guy on the left corner is shorter than the rest of them. Been on that attraction dozens of times and never noticed
XjXcJFi.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

Rob562

I also found it interesting that in the ancient Greece scene, the guy on the left corner is shorter than the rest of them. Been on that attraction dozens of times and never noticed
XjXcJFi.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

He's short to aid in the forced-perspective that makes the scene look deeper than it actually is. Change the angle you view the scene (like the pic shown) and you lose the perspective. And after you ride past, he's partially hidden by a row of trees as the Roman scene on the left draws your attention away from him.

-Rob

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Can't wait to see what alternative they will have to take when some of the screens start going, honestly they should have just bought back some form of the tomorrow's child ending, that's a timeless ending that would never need a major overhaul.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom