SSE Irons Version Soundtrack?

DarthGrady

Original Poster
Does anyone know where to find the soundtrack by itself, like in an mp3 format. The next time I go to EPCOT I want to listen to it over headphones. I hope that it will mostly drown out the Dench Stench audio. I know it won't match up with the new 60s and 70s scenes, but thats ok. I just can't take another SSE trip with that woman and her flippant drivel.

PurpleDragon

Does anyone know where to find the soundtrack by itself, like in an mp3 format. The next time I go to EPCOT I want to listen to it over headphones. I hope that it will mostly drown out the Dench Stench audio. I know it won't match up with the new 60s and 70s scenes, but thats ok. I just can't take another SSE trip with that woman and her flippant drivel.

Wow, bitter much? The Judi Dench narration is actually quite good. The parts I'm not a fan of are the new score and the video screens. I thought the old score was quite good and could easily stand on its own especially since it was based on classical compositions, in comparison this new one seems too.....well....cheesy to me. The video screens are just a diversion to keep people from noticing the unfinished decent. Beyond that the changes to the ride overall were a huge plus.

I was a huge fan of the Jeremy Irons version too, but I'm willing to accept the changes as a move forward for the attraction.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sweet! That is exactly what I needed! Thanks!

Now for the tricky part.

Does anyone know when the proper time to start it is? I seem to remember it starting right after the doors closed, or is it right before the car starts the ascent?

I Have done this before..Start it right as you get on. You might be off a tad but no worries just jump a little and you'll be fine.

DarthGrady

Original Poster
Wow, bitter much? The Judi Dench narration is actually quite good. The parts I'm not a fan of are the new score and the video screens. I thought the old score was quite good and could easily stand on its own especially since it was based on classical compositions, in comparison this new one seems too.....well....cheesy to me. The video screens are just a diversion to keep people from noticing the unfinished decent. Beyond that the changes to the ride overall were a huge plus.

I was a huge fan of the Jeremy Irons version too, but I'm willing to accept the changes as a move forward for the attraction.

Yeah, bitter would be about right. There was nothing wrong with the Irons version which was elegant and understated. Two things that certainly can't be said of the new version. The Dench version relies on cornball lyrics and silly cartoons keep the riders interested. Its the same thing they have done time after time at EPCOT by adding Ellen, Nemo, The Three Caballeros and the horrors over at Imagination. It is an adult oriented park, and should be treated as such.

Donfan

Remember, the dumbing down of EPCOT has been going on for a long time; long before Judi Densch had anything to do with it. Also, she is an actress and is only reading a script that someone else gave her and delivering it in the manner she was directed. She didn't write it herself.

DarthGrady

Original Poster
Remember, the dumbing down of EPCOT has been going on for a long time; long before Judi Densch had anything to do with it. Also, she is an actress and is only reading a script that someone else gave her and delivering it in the manner she was directed. She didn't write it herself.

I don't blame her, but she is the narrator. So she will be linked to this version until they scrap it for something better. Just as we refer to the "Cronkite Version" and "Irons Version", poor Judi will have to suffer her name being drug through the proverbial mud due to Disney's poor execution of the new SSE.

ABigBrassBand

Check Mousebits and get the WDWForever torrent, I was listening to it this morning, I prefer his voice over the current one, its amazing.

PurpleDragon

Yeah, bitter would be about right. There was nothing wrong with the Irons version which was elegant and understated. Two things that certainly can't be said of the new version. The Dench version relies on cornball lyrics and silly cartoons keep the riders interested. Its the same thing they have done time after time at EPCOT by adding Ellen, Nemo, The Three Caballeros and the horrors over at Imagination. It is an adult oriented park, and should be treated as such.

Well honestly I think had they kept the same serious tone of the Jeremy Irons version and used the same score, then the Judi Dench version would not be near as awful as you think. Her delivery is not the problem, its the cheesy over dramatized music they use in the background that sort of ruins it. While its not as good as the Irons version I don't hate the new narration. SSE has always been one of my most favorite attractions in Epcot, mainly for its nostalgic qualities, but also I've always been a fan of AA heavy attractions.

ABigBrassBand

Well honestly I think had they kept the same serious tone of the Jeremy Irons version and used the same score, then the Judi Dench version would not be near as awful as you think. Her delivery is not the problem, its the cheesy over dramatized music they use in the background that sort of ruins it. While its not as good as the Irons version I don't hate the new narration. SSE has always been one of my most favorite attractions in Epcot, mainly for its nostalgic qualities, but also I've always been a fan of AA heavy attractions.

This, I really have no problem with how she talks particularly, but the dramatized score really is the problem. Oh, the music when they first show the Mammoths and the men hunting them....:ROFLOL:

And while we're on the topic of SSE, am I the only one who doesn't enjoy that part? Just the first scene with the Mammoths seems like the budget was cut short and they had to improvise.

Master Gracey 5

I'm with you on this. Judi Dench is a fantastic actress and her voice is a fine fit for the ride. As many have said before me, the problem is with the script and the score (and the descent).

This, I really have no problem with how she talks particularly, but the dramatized score really is the problem. Oh, the music when they first show the Mammoths and the men hunting them....:ROFLOL:

And while we're on the topic of SSE, am I the only one who doesn't enjoy that part? Just the first scene with the Mammoths seems like the budget was cut short and they had to improvise.

I disagree, the mammoth scene is about the one part that was significantly upgraded from the previous version. It has an epic sort of feel to it IMO.

PurpleDragon

I disagree, the mammoth scene is about the one part that was significantly upgraded from the previous version. It has an epic sort of feel to it IMO.

Yes considering that before it was just a set of slides with pictures of claymation characters on them. At least now its a film projector with some live action/CG effects, so that part is a definite improvement.

Figment632

Yes considering that before it was just a set of slides with pictures of claymation characters on them. At least now its a film projector with some live action/CG effects, so that part is a definite improvement.

Yes SSE is still great except the lack of ending and the new script is probaly the worst.

ABigBrassBand

Well I never rode it before so I really don't have a say I guess, but I do think it looks lackluster, but I guess its better than before the refurb :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom