Squirrel The Imagineer: A Thread of Disney Ideas

TheSquirrel

Original Poster
Hello all those post and lurk here, I am the Squirrel, a member who you haven’t seen in many a year. I am classed by the algorithm as a well-known member, which I don’t believe. I did however take part in a contest, can’t remember whic, think it was SA6 or SA7, do remember working on the shops of Surf Swell Beach though.

Anyway, I’m back, waiting for the next contest to begin. In the meantime though, I will be posting various attractions ideas and more here.

I am starting with not many ideas though so I do have a challenge for you.

SUGGEST AN CONCEPT OR MORE FOR ME TO HAVE A GO AT.

As ideas come through, I willgo back through seasons that I have missed of the iconic One Sentence Competition, in which I will post here my pitch, following the rules the actual contestants had.

Now, See You Soon All Who To Read And Possibly Even SUGGEST!

Last edited:

TheSquirrel

Original Poster

View attachment 779836

Toy Troubles
Welcome one and all to the first spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
As the winner of the previous OSC, @AceAstro has shone a beam of light on the first prism, and the light has landed in many places… namely the Toy Story lands all across the world! It goes to nobody’s surprise that the Toy Story lands have dominated almost every resort at the Disney Parks, in a not-so-good way: the lands are known to be chock full of “cheap and cheerful” flat rides, with bare bones, simplistic theming, while using up multiple acres of space. Considering how redundant the lands are, it’s time to take their replacement into your own hands.

View attachment 779849

-Challenge-
Pitch a new family friendly land to replace any existing Toy Story Land at any resort of your choice.

-Rules-
  • This means that the resorts you work in should be in Florida, Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai.​
  • You may use between 1 to 3 sentences and up to 1 image.
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Saturday, April 20th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
(8:59 PM Disneyland Time)
4 days from now

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

BONUS: A Hidden Mickey Toy Story Character?

Disney (and Universal) are both known to include references to defunct attractions in their park. Who is your favorite Toy Story character? Add a reference to them in your land. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.
This bonus results in automatic bonus point

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask, and I’ll see you infinity and beyond!
ONE SENTENCE COMPETITION: SEASON 9, EPISODE 2 - THE PRISM OF SYWTBAI

SPECTRUM 1 - TOY TROUBLES

Redwood County

1719786031390.png

In the late 2020s, waning interest in Toy Story from fans and park guests led to the decision for every Toy Story Land to be rethemed to general Pixar, including Toy Story, except Shanghai, due to a clone of the new Pixar land being built at the resort's new 2nd gate, instead, the Toy Story Land rides are relocated to the new park, leaving a large empty space for a new land to replace it, Redwood County. Redwood County, taking the Toy Story Land spot, is seen as Shanghai's equivalent/blend of Frontierland & Critter Country (Like Mickey Avenue being a version of Main Street), however rather than the mix of mid-to-late 1800s Western Expansion related themes and states in the American parks, Shanghai has a land based on Southern California and its deserts around the early 1900s, with a slightly unrealistic focus on mining. Using Disney's trick of forced perspective, a deep canyon surrounded by colourful cliffs is shown surrounding the boom town of Bighorn Canyon, which has four attractions, Bighorn Canyon Mine Tours (A Big Thunder Mountain Railroad style family coaster), The Critters of Redwood County present A Musical Madhouse (A Country Bear Jamboree show with a moving auditorium like America Sings), Sparky's Splashdown (A blend of Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou Adventure flume ride with the unbuilt Spark Gap Loop coaster from Discovery Bay) and Fort Vista (A Tom Sawyer Island attraction made into a large playground like old Toontown), as well as a restaurant and shop, The Hungry Bear (Similar to Anaheim's) and Nature's Wonder Shoppe (A large shop inspired by the old Nature's Wonderland).
Bonus
1719786187976.png

The unnamed Sheriff of Redwood County mentioned in every attraction, as well as being Sparky's brother, is shown in the preshow of Bighorn County Mine Tours, and bears a striking resemblance to Woody.

Last edited:

Architectural Guinea Pig

In the Parks
No
@Architectural Guinea Pig I can see the Wow, You made the Prompts. What do you think?
I'm sad I missed your contest because the prompts are amazing and I wish to also host the OSC.
lol so the OSC technically isn't over yet and I just had it on a second-long pause because I just went on a 2.5-week vacation to Asia (the first pause for Citrus Dreamin'). I'll be resuming today/tomorrow so you can participate in the last few rounds if you want :) see you there

Edit: I'll make a post for late-submission reviews too, along with reviews for the 6th prompt I believe.

TheSquirrel

Original Poster
lol so the OSC technically isn't over yet and I just had it on a second-long pause because I just went on a 2.5-week vacation to Asia (the first pause for Citrus Dreamin'). I'll be resuming today/tomorrow so you can participate in the last few rounds if you want :) see you there

Edit: I'll make a post for late-submission reviews too, along with reviews for the 6th prompt I believe.
I'll happily join. Wondered why there were only 6 Spectrums (Love the name and the concept).

TheSquirrel

Original Poster
View attachment 780744
Queue Quabbles
Welcome back to the second spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The great @Evilgidgit, upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. This time though, the light landed somewhere unexpected! Good rides, of course, are what most people want when it comes to visiting a good theme park. However, at the same time, the bigger and better the ride is, the more popular it is, and the longer people have to wait. These wait times will still get people to wait for the rides, but a boring queue always makes people more frustrated and annoyed about the ride- you're waiting two hours for a ride when you can see the loading station right in front of you!

Beyond FastPass+: How Amusement Parks Can Cut Lines With Digital Queuing |  QLess

-Challenge-
Create a new queue for any existing ride of your choice.

-Rules-
  • Any ride around the world is allowed- but it should take up about the same space as before.​
  • No AI generated artwork, writing, or assistance in the brainstorming process is allowed​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Wednesday, April 24th at 11:59 PM WDW Time
4 days from now, I'll give you the points if you're late because I posted late too

-Tips-

K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

BONUS: Music Mania
A great way to also reduce guest-in-line stress is to play good music. Find any piece of music on the internet, and add it as your in-line music. You can use up to one extra sentence and image.
This bonus results in automatic bonus point
Special Secret: If you add a song from the Tortured Poet's Department, I'll consider your pitch higher for winning.

SPECTRUM 2 - QUEUE QUABBLES

50 Years of a Changing Tomorrow - SPACE MOUNTAIN Queue Overhaul
1719868949888.png

2027 marks the 50th anniversary of the basis for current Tomorrowland at Disneyland, as the now iconic 1967 makeover added several elements we now see as vital in the land, and created the general layout and look we now know, so the anniversary brings around a return to the classic look of Tomorrowland from, but with some modern Disney imagineering and timeless touchs. However, this reimagining isn't just visual or for structures standing at the time, as Space Mountain gets a major refurbishment to fit in with the timeless 1960s look, alongside a year-long internal rebuild of the queue area to increase capacity and give a better experience for those previously left outside in the path of the blazing sun. The rebuild may seem to some as a reason to not ride Space Mountain due to packed outdoor queues but the changes show that this refurb has turned the dated and packed queue with old videos into a modern larger queue with interactive elements, hidden details and a new video to bring the queue to life as a futuristic spaceship corridor for the black abyss that lies beyond in the form of the newly upgraded and scarier SPACE MOUNTAIN.

Bonus

A good old slow but intense piece of music fits for Space Mountain, while allowing bits of Cyberpunk into the park.

TheSquirrel

Original Poster

View attachment 781820Animatronic Advances
Welcome back to the third spectrum of the One Sentence Competition: Prisms of Light!

-The Set Up-
The worthy 1st placer @montydysquith-navarro , upon careful consideration, shined his beam of light on the next prism. Well that's weird- the light is landing on existing rides. The light whispers...

Ani...
Anime?
Anima...
Animation?
Animatron...
Animatronic!

Huh.

What Is Disney Audio-Animatronics Technology?
Disney announces opening for Tiana's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World  and a first look at new animatronics's Bayou Adventure at Walt Disney World  and a first look at new animatronics

Powerful animatronics exist on Disney's latest and greatest new rides, but not in the old ones. It seems like the light wants you to update these old rides by giving them something new... like the Hatbox Ghost (but don't do that, MK already did that badly)!

-Challenge-
Design a new A-1000 animatronic for ANY existing Disney/Universal ride of your choice.

-Rules-
  • Any ride around the world is allowed- but it should take up about the same space as before.​

-Deadline-
This project is due on Monday, April 29th at 11:59 PM WDW Time

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

BONUS: Font Fanatics
Everyone loves a good font. Fancy up your text by changing the font in line with your ride's theming (or your preference). Good luck!

SPECTRUM 3 - ANIMATRONIC ADVANCES
Test Track 3.0 - Return of the Dummies
1719956963626.png

Test Track has been cruelly referred to as Tron Track since the 2012 2.0 revamp, but 3.0 has the chance to change the rides reputation, as the bright blue is ditched in favour of new immersive scenes including a snowy pitch black country road and a nighttime rain covered highway. It isn't just the scenes that are being added, as a new animatronic is being added in the small 'Factory' sections inbetween the scenes, as the crash test dummies from 1.0 return as a A-1000. They can now shake their head, hide behind boxes and be involved in a stunt where they are hit by a car.

BONUS
A clean modern font in Italics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom