Sprite Rentals - Which Resort?

cindy_k

Original Poster
So I am staying at Wilderness Lodge this Memorial Day weekend and want to rent the water sprites and drive around the lake.

Wilderness Lodge's marina is closed, so I am going to have to drive over to another resort.
So which is better?
Poly
Grand Floridian
or Contemporary

Any opinions? :)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You won't have to drive at all :). Take the boat from WL to the Contemporary. This puts you right next to the boat rentals. It is more fun in a Sprite on the Bay Lake side because there is so much more room (and opportunity to go fast) than on the Seven Seas Lagoon, where you have to watch out for the ferry boats.

MaryJaneP

It is easy in reaching the CR boat dock, as Tuvalu says, by taking a boat from WL to CR. We have rented sea raycers from CR dock on many occasions. We do, however, disagree with it being a preferred location rather than the other monorail resorts. We spent a significant amount of our designated time limit SLOWLY going through the connection from Bay Lake to Seven Seas Lagoon as we HAD to cruise by MK or the boat rental was for naught. In fact, we have debated whether it makes sense to rent from one of the other resort docks to be closer to MK. Getting from WL to another, non-CR, boat dock could be more difficult. Either way, we did enjoy our rentals and hope you do too.

Beacon Joe

I'm with Tuvalu. Renting from the Contemporary and enjoying the less restricted waters of Bay Lake is the way to go. I took my daughter out of the Grand Floridian marina and it just wasn't the same experience as sailing in Bay Lake. Running out of the Grand Floridian, the sailing area is severely restricted - basically you can sail between Narcoosee's and the DVC building. Anything east of 50 meters from Narcoosee's and the security boats intercept you. Same thing if you approach the line running east of the wedding pavilion. It's not fun at all.

I can only imagine that sailing out of the Polynesian is even less fun and is effectively restricted to luau cove.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom