Trip Report Spring Trip To WDW

Hello Friends,

We are about 24 hours away from flying off to be at the Most Magical Place on Earth.

This was an unplanned trip. After our last WDW trip this past December, we were planning on doing a Disney Eastern Caribbean Cruise in October, and then do our annual trip to WDW in early December. But real life (i.e. work) schedule got in the way and we had to cancel both of them. So in early January, when we realized that we had to cancel those trip, but found that we had a week of free time in April, we made our last-minute plan to go. So here we are!

Unlike our past trips, it won't be a big group going from the Chicagoland area. It will be just the two of us this time, and we are planning on a quiet, relaxing trip, mainly because we both will have some work to do during our vacation. Oh, don't get us wrong, we will still have fastpasses to go on Mine Train, Flight of Passage (twice), Slinky Dog, etc... etc. It is just that I've also planned on a couple of days with no fast passes, no reservations, and just chill out.

On this trip, we have plans to do a DVC Dining Package at The Wave (followed by drinks and desserts at Top of the World Lounge), and we also have accepted the DVC invitation to their reception to look at the Riviera Resort. So we will have at least those to do.

Donald, as always, is already set to go. He did give me a dirty look when I put him on top of the pile in my suitcase. It was him telling me that he's not going into the suitcase. He always travels in my carry-on, and he won't have it any other way.

As always, whenever I have the chance, I'll try to report live from where ever I will be. And now, I only need to survive just one more day at work....

Zz.

Last edited:

ZapperZ

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone!

Just got home from work, and had a bite to eat. I still have a few chores to do before I finish packing. I'm always paranoid that I'll leave something behind (hats, poncho, camera, Donald...).

I'm looking forward seeing Illuminations one more time (we have fast passes for it). I thought when we viewed it last December, it was going to be the last time we will see it. Turns out we were wrong, so we're definitely going to be seeing it at least twice. Still, after seeing previews of Epcot Forever online, I am salivating at the thought of that. But it will be sad that my most favorite nighttime show in all of WDW will be gone soon. Luckily, I already have several videos of it! :)

Anyhow, I need to finish packing and go to bed early. We have an early start tomorrow.

Zz.

ZapperZ

Original Poster
As expected, I didn't sleep much last night. Opened my eyes at around 3 am, and couldn't go back to sleep. Now, it's 5:30 am, and I'm showered and dressed, and we still do not have to leave the house for another hour or so..... Sigh....

Our journey to Orlando will take longer than usual. It won't be a direct flight, but rather, we will be changing planes in St. Louis. Blame it on the "last-minute" flight booking, and this was the cheapest flight we could find on Southwest. We should be arriving at MCO around 4:30 pm, and by then, our "home" at SSR should be ready for us to just walk right in!

I haven't been to WDW for Flower and Garden in a long time (at least a couple of years... and that's long by our standard). So I'm looking forward to it once more. One of my friends told me that it has become a Flower and Garden and Food and Wine Festival. I see nothing wrong with that! :)

OK, I guess I'd better check that Donald is secure and comfy in my carry-on one more time.

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom