Spring Training, with a dash of Disney. Live.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, we are a solid half day away from home, mostly south, and the temp finally jumped above freezing!

IMG_1846.JPG

Based on the fact that the water parks and Luau are/were cancelled due to cooler weather, I'm thinking it's not tremendously warm in FL today.

Still, it's got to be better than the GWN!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We're thinking ... we can't check into a hotel until 3:00, which is five hours away. According to the SatNav, our Port Richey hotel is eight hours away.

Perhaps (okay probably), we will just press on and check in to our hotel a day early.

We'll see how things go.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Hey Peeps, we're on our way down to Dunedin for some Spring Training, Blue Jays style. I'm kind of disappointed that the WBC is on right now, as we will be missing some marquee players. No worries, Florida Auto Exchange Stadium is an intimate little setting compared to SkyDome, so whoever we do see, we'll see up close and personal. Even better, from what I can tell, it looks as if we have excellent seats for the three games.

We're driving. Just Hubby and me. We haven't driven, just the two of us, since 1992. We last drove, with the boys in 2006 and 2007. Since then, we've flown from Buffalo every year.

But, here we are again, driving. Back in the day, we used to drive straight through, there and back. Those days are over.

The plan for tonight is to drive as far as we can, hopefully to Macon or beyond, before checking into a hotel tomorrow for 3:00'ish. That's the plan. We'll see if my hip co-operates.

I have recently lost 55 of the 65 lbs I gained a couple of years ago, so my food pics won't be that interesting. Again, no worries, Hubby eats like a horse, so there will be pics! If you know me, you know I love to post pics of my food. :hilarious:

Forgive me if I forget to tag you. Mind you, if I don't tag you, you'll never find this little trip report, so you'll never know.

@PUSH, @Nemo14, @Eric1955, @acishere, @NYwdwfan, @Andrew C, @Lucky, @trr1, @MOXOMUMD, @Goofyernmost, @ajrwdwgirl, @MinnieM123, @Wrangler-Rick, @Mike S.

why didn't I get this alert!?!

Lucky

So yay, we're through Atlanta. We hate driving through Atlanta. It's just like driving the 401 through Toronto. Thank goodness for HOV lanes.

View attachment 194145 View attachment 194146
Are you doing the Chick-fil-A headquarters tour? :hungry:

CFA_Who-We-Are_Heart-Of-Atlanta.jpg

Goofyernmost

A bigger hint, as if you need it:

View attachment 194125

Hubby's double meat platter:
View attachment 194126

Scrambled (before I added ketchup) with turkey sausage. I only ate one piece of the sausage. Very flavourful ... as in spicy. My lips are still tingly.
View attachment 194127

Our shared platter of biscuits and gravy. Sadly, no carbs for me, elsewise I would have eaten my half, and maybe some of his too.
View attachment 194128

Not pictured, two small bowls of cheese grits. I didn't eat any, you know 'cause of the carb thing. But mostly 'cause of the grits thing.
When I went down to Florida last month I stopped at a Cracker Barrel and it messed up my whole day. I went in and for the first time ever the dining room was to the right instead of the left. Everything else was the same except that. Completely compromised my sense of direction. And I hadn't been on the road all night, thankfully. If I had the chances are good that I would have ended up back home instead of Florida.

Lucky

When I went down to Florida last month I stopped at a Cracker Barrel and it messed up my whole day. I went in and for the first time ever the dining room was to the right instead of the left. Everything else was the same except that. Completely compromised my sense of direction. And I hadn't been on the road all night, thankfully. If I had the chances are good that I would have ended up back home instead of Florida.
Are you sure you didn't just go in through the back door?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
We have been in the car for 18 hours, 16 and a half of which have been in motion. Less than half an hour to the Florida Welcome Centre. OJ will be had!

But first, we need to fill up on cheap Georgia gas.

OJ or grapefruit - what's your pleasure?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom