Spring Break

WildcatDen

I have heard that the crowds during Spring Break are some of the heaviest all year. Our local school district has changed the way they do Spring Break. It is no longer associated with Easter (another thread for another site). It is now associated with whatever week April 1 falls under. It is my understanding that the "Spring Break" week(s) at WDW are closely tied to the Easter Holiday.

Now to the meat of the issue. Since our district no longer times Spring Break with Easter, we have the opportunity to maybe go to Disney and not hit the big crowds. Spring Break 2011 is March 28 through April 1 and Easter is April 24. Is is safe to assume that the week of March 28 may not be as crowded? I would assume the week of April 18 would be packed.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
While crowds will peak the week before and after Easter you will find fairly heavy crowds for the entire month of April. This is due to spring break dates varying by as much as 5 weeks all over the country.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Our school district does not tie Spring Break with Easter. Our's is always the last full week of March. We've done the trip to the world for the past two years now, and honestly, the crowds are not that bad, to us. Of course, everyone has their own interpretation of what is too crowded. The weather is great. I didn't realize next Easter was so late. Maybe it's time to start planning...:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Spring Breaks are spread out over 5-6 weeks in March and April. Basically because vacation areas only have so much capacity. As a result, there's quite the long stretch of crowds.

Many years ago when I was a single man living in Bermuda, the six weeks of Spring Break were "Pig Heaven"! :lookaroun

Upvote 0

WildcatDen

Original Poster
Our last two visits have been over Thanksgiving week. Are the crowds comparable between the last week of March and Thanksgiving week?

We do love going and seeing all of the Christmas decorations but the school district cut back on time off in the Fall and the kids no longer have the whole week. We are looking at either Spring Break or the first part of June.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Our last two visits have been over Thanksgiving week. Are the crowds comparable between the last week of March and Thanksgiving week?

We do love going and seeing all of the Christmas decorations but the school district cut back on time off in the Fall and the kids no longer have the whole week. We are looking at either Spring Break or the first part of June.
The crowds should be lighter than Thanksgiving week.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom