Spring Break Trip

Trip #11-Let the Fun Begin!

Well we are headed down for our yearly pilgrimage March 14-21. I sooo can’t wait! We are truly blessed to be able to do a trip every year. (Please keep this in mind when I start to whine..I am really very happy to be going and I know I should put my big girl pants on and suck it up but just in case…)

My husband loves to include other people in our trips I guess this comes from growing up in a family with 7 kids (the more the merrier kind of thing). He especially likes to take people who have never been before and introduce them to the Disney magic!! He throws out invitations every year to all of our friends.

So with that being said here is the cast of characters for this trip:

Us-Me, Mark-Hubby, Austin-Son (16), Katie-Daughter (13)
Family friends (and first timers)-Mike, Sandy, their daughter Emily (15)
SIL’s family (husband sister’s family they joined us at Disney 4 year ago)-Ron, Annie, Jeff (18), Ellyn (16), Emily (11)

Yes, you’ve added it up right that would be 12 people. Since we have so many we went ahead and rented a house in Emerald Island. This will be our second time staying off property. We didn’t have a bad time last year I just really miss staying on Disney property.

The plan is to start off Saturday the 14th bright and early and drive straight through which we have never attempted before. Quite honestly not really looking forward to a 15 hour drive but we are going to Disney so I’ll take one for the team! Plus, we have 3 vehicles in the caravan with 2-3 drivers in each car. So we can all trade off.

Sunday will be our first day in the parks. We have a family tradition…we do Magic Kingdom and have our first meal at Casey’s. (Hubby probably won’t even wail until lunch time.) With the exception for the time it was closed for rehab we always follow Casey’s up with a ride on the Haunted Mansion. I have reservations for an early dinner at T-Rex’s then we’ll head back to MK (SIL’s family is not doing park hopper tickets so we have to stick to the same park). If we’ve hit a groove or are having too good of a time we may cancel Rex’s and just eat at Cosmic Ray’s instead.

Monday-MGM day. We have lunch reservations at our favorite spot..50’s Café. Hope Topher is working we LOVE LOVE LOVE him!

Tuesday-Breakfast at O’hana’s. Never eaten here but we wanted to get a character meal in for the newbies. We usually aren’t morning people but we won’t be staying on property so we won’t be utilizing EMH’s so we won’t be super tired from staying at the parks late at night L Then we’ll either head to Epcot or Animal Kingdom

Wednesday-Depending on the day before we’ll do Epcot or Animal Kingdom.

The rest of the week has not been planned out yet. The first discussion was just 4 days in the park but I’m really hoping for 5. Sea World and a day at the beach have been mentioned and we were leaning towards trying that Capone’s Dinner Show (free drinks!!). I’m really not a huge beach fan and I haven’t been to Sea World since I was like 8 years old so that wouldn’t be so bad.

Well that’s the plan. I’ll let you know post trip how close we came to keeping it.

rshell68

Original Poster
Hey great, now we are up to 18. Husband's other sister rented a house about a mile from where we are staying. I think I'll be bringing my friend Malibu Rum with me :)

Mikester71

We are heading down there the same week and I CAN"T WAIT for the long car ride down there. I actually love the drive since we didn't travel when I was a kid. We are leaving on the Friday and will be stopping in Adel, GA for the night though. We have never driven straight through getting there but do it coming home every time.

Have fun!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

smk

We have taken many spring breaks to WDW with friends in tow, it is always so much fun! One word of caution, driving from the snow belt states to Florida at that time of year can be very slow going. I can't tell you the accidents we have seen, the traffic jams we have been in and the frustration that comes with all of that. It seems like all of Michigan, Indiana and Illinois are evacuating to Florida (can't blame us, it's cold here!) so take it easy on the roads! Have a blast too! :wave:

want2betink

Just a word about O'hanas. We loved the character interaction here. We've done many character meals and can't say the same about all of them. I say good choice. I can't even say much about the food because I honestly don't remember much. I hate spring break time at WDW. Call me a chicken, but I'd much rather be there in the summer. We have been several times the end of May and first week in June and found the crowds to be less than during spring break.....gives me a headache just rememberign it.:brick:

WDW_Emily

Love spring break time in Florida. Especially the Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot!
Next year we're going with 8 people we normally only go with 5 but disney is fun with any amount of people:)

rshell68

Original Poster
We are heading down there the same week and I CAN"T WAIT for the long car ride down there. I actually love the drive since we didn't travel when I was a kid. We are leaving on the Friday and will be stopping in Adel, GA for the night though. We have never driven straight through getting there but do it coming home every time.

Have fun!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

We always see tons of Canadian plates on our way down. Have safe travels and have a great time!!!

rshell68

Original Poster
One word of caution, driving from the snow belt states to Florida at that time of year can be very slow going. I can't tell you the accidents we have seen, the traffic jams we have been in and the frustration that comes with all of that. Have a blast too! :wave:

Last year we got stuck driving through blizzard conditions. It was definately not fun! Thanks I'm sure it will be a blast as usual.

rshell68

Original Poster
Just a word about O'hanas. We loved the character interaction here. We've done many character meals and can't say the same about all of them. I say good choice. I can't even say much about the food because I honestly don't remember much. I hate spring break time at WDW. Call me a chicken, but I'd much rather be there in the summer. We have been several times the end of May and first week in June and found the crowds to be less than during spring break.....gives me a headache just rememberign it.:brick:

Thanks for the O'hanas info! We usually do Chef Mickey's and we used to do Liberty Tree before they ruined it and took the characters away. I guess we are used to going at Spring Break we know it's going to be busy but it's the only time we can go :(

Mikester71

We always see tons of Canadian plates on our way down. Have safe travels and have a great time!!!

Canadian Spring/March Break week is that week (not for ALL of Canada, but for alot of us). Feels like I am still driving up in Canada sometimes with all the Canadian plates on the way down and back! :ROFLOL:

Travel safe!

rshell68

Original Poster
Starting the lonnngggest week ever...the week before the trip. Tell me how are you supposed to stay focused at work the week before you leave??

DAKOTADISNEY

I don't think you're supposed to be focused the week before or after your trip. At least that's my opinion. I wish we were going this year! Have a great time and give us details when you get back. :wave:

Bug715

Starting the lonnngggest week ever...the week before the trip. Tell me how are you supposed to stay focused at work the week before you leave??

I'm going through the same thing right now. I leave Thursday and have half of a huge paper due before I leave campus Wednesday. I'm working on it now and as you can see I'm on the boards instead of writing!!

Good luck with the big group. Twice my family has gone with the extended family which was 9 people both times. It was crazy!! Luckily the second time my friend went so we could split away from the group since my little cousins rode the Carousel 5 times.

Mikester71

It is definitely hard, that's for sure! I, personally, think this week is going to fly by quickly because I have SO much to do in such a short time before we leave Friday morning at 4am sharp. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom