spring break in March 2002

hellokitty1

Has anyone been over the third week in March,
during a Spring Break?
HOw crowded is it?
What was the weather like? shorts or jackets?
and last, did the parks stay open any later?

just out of curiousity:

WHEN IS YOUR HOMETOWN'S SPRING BREAK?

thanks so much :)

WDW-Imagineer

I've never been there during Spring Break, but to answer your other question... I think Florida is shorts weather 12-months a year. I usually go in December and its shorts for me (maybe 1 day with pants). I'd imagine it gets fairly warm in the winter/spring months.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I avoid spring break, but it is USUALLY shorts weather here in March (Jacksonville) and WDW is about 10 degrees warmer. You might want a sweater or jacket after dark. Rain is iffy; I never go without packing a poncho in my suitcase.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
And as all the Floridians have stated previously, it sometimes gets VERY cold in Florida. Chances are you'll be OK, but I would pack at least 1 warmer outfit if coming down between Dec-Feb, and a jacket/sweater any other time. Even in summertime, the restaurants/attractions can be too cold, esp. if you've gotten caught in the rain!

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

We've been over spring break for the last 5 years (ranging from the first to the third week in March). Each year the crowds have been bigger than the last. Apparently, Disney realized this and thus made that a "peak" time to go. Make sure to bring a sweatshirt as it does get chilly at night. We've got two great souvenir sweatshirts from the years where we forgot our own. Of course they go with us every year now. Of course cold is a relative thing. We go down there and the cast members are wearing winter coats and gloves while we're walking around in long sleeve shirts and shorts.:p

Upvote 0

DisneyGal

I recently went to Walt Disney World on my Spring Break in March 2001. I went the third week in March, and I will never go again during this time. It was way too crowded. Aside from the fact that everywhere we went we had to wait in long lines for food or anything, there were several competitions down there that made it even harder to do what we wanted to do. There was a huge cheerleading competition, a choir competition, and some other group that made it even more crowded. These people seemed to overtake everything! I hear that these competitions are an annual thing during this time, so just wanted to let you know. Oh, and the weather wasn't that great either. I ended up with a cold because it was in the 50's one day and 80 the next. The nights were especially cold too.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom