SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

DoleWhipDrea

What a fantastic show! I really had no expectations when I first started watching, and with each successive episode I just became more and more intrigued. The themes of this show (especially dealing with isolation, loss and grief) have felt rather cathartic in this tumultuous time.

And as with any great Marvel property, the tags have me that much more excited for what’s to come.

Jedijax719

Got up really early to watch it (I'm in central zone). The best way I can describe it is emotionally satisfying but also very empty and disappointing.

The spoiler part:
I think it would have been nice to see the folks of Westview reunited with loved ones who they were forced to leave behind such as Norm's sister and Dottie's daughter.

Now, for the disappointing parts:
there were WAY too many teases that never went anywhere. (1) Jimmy's witness, (2) Monica's MALE engineer friend, (3) the cameo/person Paul wanted to work with WAS himself-lame,(4) Pietro was a dude named BOHNER. I mean, really?

And finally, there was
not even a hint or suggestion of the multiverse. That makes the tie-in to Dr. Strange 2 quite murky and disjointed.
We have to assume that
Dr. Strange 2 will deal with the Darkhold and whoever is involved with it, be it Chthon, Mephisto, or whoever.

I wonder if
Kathryn Hahn will be in DS2. She DID mention the Sorcerer Supreme and Wanda said she'd know where to find Agatha.
We also had
Agatha tell Wanda she had NO idea what she had unleashed.

waltography

That was a really satisfying finale. I'm worried people will have gotten too deep into their theories and end up disappointed though; some of these shows have really been hyping them up. Some loose spoilery threads:

I have a feeling we'll see Agatha Harkness again if not only because of how they left her alive - don't know if it'll be directly in Doctor Strange 2 but I'm excited to see her nevertheless.

Evan Peters was stunt casting (LOL, good one Agnes), but could it be possible with a name like Bohner it's an alias and he's Jimmy's witness? If so, who is he?

Vision beating Vision through an intellectual beatdown was... so Vision.

I think we got the barest hint of a multiverse tie-in from the second end credits scene when Wanda hear's Billy and Tommy's voices. We'll see though.

LSLS

So this came together pretty well, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. You can say I got too caught up in people theorizing things, but I also don't believe for a second they didn't do many of the things they did and not think they were leading people on. To me, it ended up just way too much "Lets mess with the fans." Had they left out a lot of that, I think I would have been a lot happier with how everything ended.

And for those wondering the setup for DS2, I think it's really the end credit scene that does it.

doctornick

People are gonna be disappointed but I loved it.

The Vision versus Vision showdown was excellent and I loved how it was resolved by a philosophical puzzle. I also love that a “real” Vision remains in the MCU - I hated that his character wasn’t used that much before dying so now we’ll see more of him (albeit as an emotionless version)
at least until Wonder Man comes along

As I made clear, I was really hoping Pietro was just a fake and not Fox Quicksilver so I’m obviously thrilled with that. I just don’t want the Fox X-Men canon for the MCU - they are fine in their own little world but no need to have their messed up canon infect the MCU.

Was surprised not to have a Dr Strange cameo. I assume we’ll see Monica in Secret Wars (when is that coming out?) in addition to Captain Marvel 2.

Glad to see Wanda not go straight villain and calm herself down and “do the right thing”. Seems like there needs to be some consequences to her actions though

can’t wait to see how they bring back Wiccan and Speed.

Phicinfan

I am not sure you all saw the same show I did, and the TWO post credit scenes I did.

This wrapped things up very well....
1) Pietro - he was manifested by Agatha, he WAS Ralph, you all did see his first name on the picture yes?
2) Vision - he is back, did you not see the file transfer at the end of their battle, and the yellow glow that showed Mind Stone transfer?
3) Agatha - she is still alive, and still there. If at any time Wanda "needs" her, she will be released and memories returned.
4) Wanda - I thought the view of her back in her "retirement" as Thanos did post snap was perfect. Her also digging deeper into the dark hold(now confirmed) and then at the end hearing her kids asking for help is how this moves forward. That will be the tie in to Dr. Strange I bet. Her increasing knowledge of magic, not just her chaos power.
5) Engineer - was the lady who talked to Monica and was skrull. Photon heading to space is what was inferred - probably with Capt. Marvel 2
All in all it was very well done, the fact that the Hex vision seemed almost human at the end of the Hex was very well done.

No, it was not some cataclysmic disaster that will force others to act. Still.... it very easily wrapped it all up in a nice neat bow.

Sorry, but since this is a spoilers thread I did not use the spoiler quotes.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Told ya Evan Peters as Quicksilver was nothing. People are mad they made him into another Mandarian but with a joke. Series was just ok. Final episode way too long and kinda boring and really sappy at the end. She enslaved a town, i don't care what emotional demons she is facing, that is unforgiveable. Last episode, weakest finale since Heroes season 1. And it felt like such a low budget tv show this episode especially since it was so obviously filmed on a back lot. Kept taking me out of the episode. Ok show but overhypss and nothing special.

Last edited:

Jedijax719

I am not sure you all saw the same show I did, and the TWO post credit scenes I did.

This wrapped things up very well....
1) Pietro - he was manifested by Agatha, he WAS Ralph, you all did see his first name on the picture yes?
2) Vision - he is back, did you not see the file transfer at the end of their battle, and the yellow glow that showed Mind Stone transfer?
3) Agatha - she is still alive, and still there. If at any time Wanda "needs" her, she will be released and memories returned.
4) Wanda - I thought the view of her back in her "retirement" as Thanos did post snap was perfect. Her also digging deeper into the dark hold(now confirmed) and then at the end hearing her kids asking for help is how this moves forward. That will be the tie in to Dr. Strange I bet. Her increasing knowledge of magic, not just her chaos power.
5) Engineer - was the lady who talked to Monica and was skrull. Photon heading to space is what was inferred - probably with Capt. Marvel 2
All in all it was very well done, the fact that the Hex vision seemed almost human at the end of the Hex was very well done.

No, it was not some cataclysmic disaster that will force others to act. Still.... it very easily wrapped it all up in a nice neat bow.

Sorry, but since this is a spoilers thread I did not use the spoiler quotes.
Are we doing spoiler tags?
Here's my take:
1. Pietro was Ralph? I mean know he was named Ralph, but why did Agatha refer to him as her husband? That was massively lame in my opinion.

2. I was confused about this. White Vision flew off but then we see colorful Vision come out and embrace his children. I thought that was White Vision gaining his soul. But then Vision disappeared. So, what happened to White Vision? This was very confusing to me.
3. Agatha will probably come back, maybe in DrStrange2. They did a good job at tying her story up BUT how can Wanda keep controlling her?
4. I was also confused by the last credit scene. We see "normal" Wanda in her shack with her coffee cup. Then, in the next room we see a ghostly Scarlet Witch with the Darkhold and the voices of the twins. So......are there now two Wandas?
5. Monica referred to a male engineer. They must have forgotten that line when they filmed the next episode. And her friend was NOT a Skrull. That was a totally different person who was a Skrull. That was as much of a misdirect as Paul's secret cameo.

Also,
they never really said what Hayward wanted with his White Vision. This was like a watered down version of Justin Hammer

Phicinfan

Nope.

Here's my take:

1. Pietro was Ralph? I mean know he was named Ralph, but why did Agatha refer to him as her husband? That was massively lame in my opinion.
Yes, I believe it was implied he was Ralph. Per the name on the picture. The fact she referred to him as her husband just was to play into the role. In this episode he states he was waiting for the wife.
2. I was confused about this. White Vision flew off but then we see colorful Vision come out and embrace his children. I thought that was White Vision gaining his soul. But then Vision disappeared. So, what happened to White Vision? This was very confusing to me.
That will come later, but it clearly showed to me that Vision in some form will return in Avengers or such.
3. Agatha will probably come back, maybe in DrStrange2. They did a good job at tying her story up BUT how can Wanda keep controlling her?
Not sure here. I do believe Agatha will be back. Just not sure what "event" will be severe enough that Wanda brings her back.
4. I was also confused by the last credit scene. We see "normal" Wanda in her shack with her coffee cup. Then, in the next room we see a ghostly Scarlet Witch with the Darkhold and the voices of the twins. So......are there now two Wandas?
No, I believe this is her using and learning her power. Similar to when in Dr Strange was learning his magic as a "spirit" while his body rested.
5. Monica referred to a male engineer. They must have forgotten that line when they filmed the next episode. And her friend was NOT a Skrull. That was a totally different person who was a Skrull. That was as much of a misdirect as Paul's secret cameo.
Well I believe the quote was I have a guy, in this day in age it does not necessarily mean a Male person. As for a different person, I don't believe that is correct. The actress looked like the same to me, only out of uniform. I could be wrong there.
Also, they never really said what Hayward wanted with his White Vision. This was like a watered down version of Justin Hammer
They don't have to, it was implied throughout their plan was to weaponize White Vision, but Wanda had to be taken out so they could maintain control of White Vision.

Again, this is just my $0.02. I am not the director or writer. But I do believe they closed all the loops

khlaylav

So, now what happens to SWORD?
Probably gets play in other bits of the MCU. Captain Marvel 2 will absolutely include it.

As for who takes over? Depends. They might introduce Abigail Brand-especially with the rumor that Marvel's looking to get the X-Men back. Or it could be another new character like Hayward was.

Either that, or it gets folded into whatever Fury's doing with the Skrulls.

DisneyGigi

The Pietro part really disappointed me. The show was good but I can’t help but feel like too much wasn’t explained. Is the White Vision alive and Vision now? Did Westview Vision get or give White Vision memories?? I thought he was getting memories from white vision. I am definitely not watching each week with Falcon series. It makes me theorize too much.😂

Phicinfan

The Pietro part really disappointed me. The show was good but I can’t help but feel like too much wasn’t explained. Is the White Vision alive and Vision now? Did Westview Vision get or give White Vision memories?? I thought he was getting memories from white vision. I am definitely not watching each week with Falcon series. It makes me theorize too much.😂
No, he actually only allowed HEX Vision to unblock the memories he had, but I do think there was some transfer, as you see the yellow glow of the mind stone after the full recounting of memories happens.

As far as I can tell, I am thinking there could be potentially 3 plot lines moving forward in MCU...

Dr Strange/Spiderman/Wasp and Antman - with multiverse potential
Then whatever villainy we get from Falcon and the Winter soldier - that could include Red Hulk and that story line
Last but not least you will have a space direction - including Secret Wars and potentially Glactus.

As for Mutants, it just got released yesterday that there will be a stand alone movie called The Mutants that will be their full introduction my assumption is to the MCU, but I am sure we will see a few of them prior.

DisneyGigi

No, he actually only allowed HEX Vision to unblock the memories he had, but I do think there was some transfer, as you see the yellow glow of the mind stone after the full recounting of memories happens.

As far as I can tell, I am thinking there could be potentially 3 plot lines moving forward in MCU...

Dr Strange/Spiderman/Wasp and Antman - with multiverse potential
Then whatever villainy we get from Falcon and the Winter soldier - that could include Red Hulk and that story line
Last but not least you will have a space direction - including Secret Wars and potentially Glactus.

As for Mutants, it just got released yesterday that there will be a stand alone movie called The Mutants that will be their full introduction my assumption is to the MCU, but I am sure we will see a few of them prior.
Thanks that makes more sense. I am going to rewatch it was hard watching and taking everything in with a 5 year old!

hopemax

Here's my take:
I just assumed that White Vision now knows he was manipulated by Hayward and SWORD, and now has bigger fish to fry than Westview.

I am looking forward to the future Disney+ series where White Vision, alt-timeline Gamora and whatever they do about Black Panther sit together in Falcon's group therapy and talk about the difficulties of being a version of what the people in this reality/timeline know but they are something different. With alt-timeline Loki standing around making snarky comments about being ordered to participate.

Giss Neric

Told ya Evan Peters as Quicksilver was nothing. People are mad they made him into another Mandarian but with a ***** joke. Series was just ok. Final episode way too long and kinda boring and really sappy at the end. She enslaved a town, i don't care what emotional demons she is facing, that is unforgiveable. Last episode, weakest finale since Heroes season 1. And it felt like such a low budget tv show this episode especially since it was so obviously filmed on a back lot. Kept taking me out of the episode. Ok show but overhypss and nothing special.
Right? It looked like half of the episode was filmed on a Universal Studios back lot. It was so obvious but I guess not really if you're not that familiar.

Funny that you say it's way too long when majority's complaints were that the episodes generally were too short.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom