SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

Darkprime

So with the confirmation of Agatha using chaos magic anyone else think the big cameo in the finale that Paul Bettany has been hinting at might be Chiwetel Ejiofor as Mordo? When she said it was chaos magic my mind immediately went back to the Doctor Strange post-credit scene and Mordo's whole "Too many sorcerer's" line.

Ripken10

So with the confirmation of Agatha using chaos magic anyone else think the big cameo in the finale that Paul Bettany has been hinting at might be Chiwetel Ejiofor as Mordo? When she said it was chaos magic my mind immediately went back to the Doctor Strange post-credit scene and Mordo's whole "Too many sorcerer's" line.
I believe Wanda uses chaos magic, not Agatha. The red color indicates the use of chaos magic while Agatha’s magic is purple

Darkprime

I believe Wanda uses chaos magic, not Agatha. The red color indicates the use of chaos magic while Agatha’s magic is purple

Ah ok. I need to pay attention more. That would be an interesting plot twist. What if Mordo comes after Wanda? And Strange ends up having to protect her from him?

Jedijax719

Mordo's appearance would be very anticlimactic. Hardly anyone would remember who that was and even less would care tbqh.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Well that was... yeah... not what I'd hoped for.

No big bad? Oh.

Agnes working on her own - kinda bad but really probably helping? Oh.

Wanda did this. Oh.

She created Vision and the kids. Oh.

X-Men Pietro meant nothing after all. Oh.

Hayward is not a good guy. Oh.

Make a big fuss early in the show to say that Wanda doesn't have a super hero name = she was going to get one before the show ended. So Agnes gave it to her. Oh.

Paul Bettany's big actor reveal of who he'd always wanted to work with is... apparently himself. So... trolling. Oh.

Pretty much all I was wondering by the end of the episode was where was Monica and could we just get a show of her with Jimmy Woo and Darcy? k thanks.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Oh, and Wanda was already a witch and the Mind Stone enhanced her powers.

I hadn't really thought about it before that the two strongest female characters in the MCU (Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel) are both strong because Infinity Stones enhanced them. And another was eaten by one (Gamora). And now Monica is enhanced by Wanda's power, so more built off the Infinity Stones. And Jane Foster was changed by the Aether/Reality Stone (is that how her story will lead to Love & Thunder - hmm).

I mean, I guess it's fair to say that Vision and Pietro were also enhanced by the Mind Stone. But it seems an awful lot of female power comes from the Stones enhancement vs. natural/inherited ability (Thor, Star-Lord) or human ingenuity (Cap from the Super-Soldier Serum, Tony Stark creating the Iron Man armor, Hank Pym creating Pym Particles, Hulk from Banner's gamma radiation studies, even Spider-Man's encounter with an experimental spider). Not sure where I'd categorize Doctor Strange, however, as he uses the Time Stone, but doesn't seem to have gotten his abilities from it.

Yes, these are the random things I ponder on a Friday night. :)

erasure fan1

Mordo's appearance would be very anticlimactic. Hardly anyone would remember who that was and even less would care tbqh.
I agree, anticlimactic is a good way to put it. I don't think it would be a bad thing if it was him. I just think the build up of this show is leading to something bigger. Mordo just isn't that holy poop moment.

MarvelCharacterNerd

One other note on the episode: the dismembered Vision was deeply disturbing. Possibly moreso than the grey/dead/hole-in-the-head ghostly version.

White Vision was pretty freaky, too, but I would suspect that he will likely follow the comics i.e.
that White Vision doesn't relate to/remember his love for Wanda.
So Wanda-Vision showdown next week I'd guess?

Still waiting to see how the whole show pushes the MCU forward and 'leads directly to Doctor Strange 2' as they've said. Because if everything is re-set at the end - i.e. Wanda still grieving, Vision still dead, the kids cease to exist - then the story seemingly didn't accomplish that necessary bridging.

But I'm guessing that maybe that Wanda-Vision showdown triggers the fracturing of the multiverse, which then justifies 'this leads to DS2'.

Waiting to see...

Jedijax719

One other note on the episode: the dismembered Vision was deeply disturbing. Possibly moreso than the grey/dead/hole-in-the-head ghostly version.

White Vision was pretty freaky, too, but I would suspect that he will likely follow the comics i.e.
that White Vision doesn't relate to/remember his love for Wanda.
So Wanda-Vision showdown next week I'd guess?

Still waiting to see how the whole show pushes the MCU forward and 'leads directly to Doctor Strange 2' as they've said. Because if everything is re-set at the end - i.e. Wanda still grieving, Vision still dead, the kids cease to exist - then the story seemingly didn't accomplish that necessary bridging.

But I'm guessing that maybe that Wanda-Vision showdown triggers the fracturing of the multiverse, which then justifies 'this leads to DS2'.

Waiting to see...
I don't know how much this show, no matter how good it is, will really push the MCU forward as a whole. You have a show on a paid subscription site and then you have publicly released (presumably) theatrical movies. They have to be careful how much they use a streaming show to lead into a public movie. Too much necessary tie-in and you'd lose a lot of audience or at least understanding of what is going on. There may be some name dropping or concept dropping (like multiverse) but nothing in Wandavision can be needed to understand any of the future films.

I just want them to clarify the things going on in the show itself.

erasure fan1

I don't know how much this show, no matter how good it is, will really push the MCU forward as a whole. You have a show on a paid subscription site and then you have publicly released (presumably) theatrical movies. They have to be careful how much they use a streaming show to lead into a public movie. Too much necessary tie-in and you'd lose a lot of audience or at least understanding of what is going on. There may be some name dropping or concept dropping (like multiverse) but nothing in Wandavision can be needed to understand any of the future films.

I just want them to clarify the things going on in the show itself.
I thought like this about the movies in the beginning. Marvel, well Feige, has done a fantastic job of telling an overarching story, while keeping each movie it's own thing. What they do so well is give you the info you need for the story being told. While giving you secondary info that won't necessarily detract you from what's going on, but intrigue you to seek out that other story to fill in what you've missed. It really is amazing how they've accomplished this. So I can see them dropping some big things that really impact the MCU going forward. I'm sure Feige has it all planned out, I trust his judgment more than anyone in Hollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom