SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

Stripes

Tony Perkis

I’m losing my mind over this episode. Give Elizabeth Olsen and Kathryn Hahn all the awards please.
Over Kaley Cuoco from The Flight Attendant? Anya-Taylor Joy from The Queen’s Gambit? Sarah Paulson in Ratched? Nicole Kidman in The Undoing? Jurnee Snollett in Lovecraft Country? Emma Corrin/Gillian Anderson/Helena Bonham Carter/Olivia Colman in The Crown? Laura Linney in Ozark? Any actress from Schitt’s Creek?

Depending on if it is a TV comedy/drama vs. miniseries (likely the latter), not a chance.

Jedijax719

I was actually very disappointed in this episode. It seems that there have been
too many fake-outs leading to interesting theories that just don't go anywhere.

For example,
there doesn't seem to be any "Ralph" and Agatha made him up-possibly just to give the illusion that she is married.
. Also, we now know that
fake Pietro was just that-fake Pietro. He was used as a ploy to get Wanda to reveal her magic.

And as for
Wanda's children, they were just made because Wanda has the ability to create life. No soul of Mephisto or anything.
. Speaking of which,
there is no other big baddie other than Agatha.

Finally, it looks like they may have just
scrapped the idea of a well-known aerospace engineer without remembering to eliminate the "him" from Monica's dialog.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

For example,
there doesn't seem to be any "Ralph" and Agatha made him up-possibly just to give the illusion that she is married.
. Also, we now know that
fake Pietro was just that-fake Pietro. He was used as a ploy to get Wanda to reveal her magic.

And as for
Wanda's children, they were just made because Wanda has the ability to create life. No soul of Mephisto or anything.
. Speaking of which,

scrapped the idea of a well-known aerospace engineer without remembering to eliminate the "him" from Monica's dialog.
This is a spoiler thread. There is no need to put things in a spoiler warning. Too many things to click just to read what you posted. Sorry.

Phicinfan

For example,
. Also, we now know that

And as for
. Speaking of which,

Don't totally agree here.
They are not doing the misdirection, people are setting up scenarios and falling for those theories.

In the end - this is going to come down to some facts....
Wanda's power comes from or was enhanced by direct contact to the mind stone (similar to Capt. Marvel and the Tesseract).
What that power really entails, and what abilities she has are slowly being defined.
Not only that, but what the effects are of interacting with her power is also being addressed(Monica"Photon" Rambeau) and now reconstructed Vision).

That is the real focus on this whole story IMO. It isn't some eventual evil, it may just be what Wanda's uncontrolled power is, how strong it is, and what effects her releasing all that power does. Could it be, just her release of power CAUSES the multiverse bridging?

Phicinfan

I need to go back and rewatch the first time she broke in to get Vision to see if it showed the same thing, because the ending of that clip may have been deceptively edited by Hayward. When Vision left the Hex a few episodes ago, he seemed to be disintegrating in a way that is inconsistent with how Wanda created him in this episode's flashback.
It was different. In the earlier episode it showed her coming in from ground floor, and using her power to scare all away and start taking Vision. In this episode, she drops down from observation area, and just walks to him, does not use her power in the room per say. The other question is they say she came in and took Vision, but did she? Cause in this last episode, it looks like SWORD still had the body, and re-activated it using power from Wanda used on the drone. Remember the Vision Wanda created is still in her world, not outside it.

LSLS

It was different. In the earlier episode it showed her coming in from ground floor, and using her power to scare all away and start taking Vision. In this episode, she drops down from observation area, and just walks to him, does not use her power in the room per say. The other question is they say she came in and took Vision, but did she? Cause in this last episode, it looks like SWORD still had the body, and re-activated it using power from Wanda used on the drone. Remember the Vision Wanda created is still in her world, not outside it.

Makes me think that Hayward was manipulating things because he knew he needed Wanda's powers to get Vision reanimated as a weapon (stupid me, putting things on boards when I know I'm going to be proven wrong next week).

Jedijax719

I was right about one prediction that
they'd start off the episode with an Agatha backstory.
However, it was not what I expected. I expected that
she would have been persecuted by townspeople, not her own coven.
We still don't know what
Agatha's motivation or drive is. Becoming the most powerful witch just doesn't cut it.
It would at least have been more interesting to
have her want to use Wanda's powers to revive someone from the dead.

We pretty much have
all the answers we need about Hayward's plans (weaponize Vision), fake Pietro (pulled in by Agatha and Wanda to find out Wanda's secrets), Wanda's twins (created by Wanda who can create life itself).
It also appeared as though the
residents of Westview were struggling to recover after the snap so Wanda gave them a "happy life" or so she thought.

@Phicinfan so are you saying that
Agatha's constant mention of Ralph
and
the sword agent having bees all around him
weren't misdirects?

Phicinfan

I was right about one prediction that
they'd start off the episode with an Agatha backstory.
However, it was not what I expected. I expected that
she would have been persecuted by townspeople, not her own coven.
We still don't know what
Agatha's motivation or drive is. Becoming the most powerful witch just doesn't cut it.
It would at least have been more interesting to
have her want to use Wanda's powers to revive someone from the dead.

We pretty much have
all the answers we need about Hayward's plans (weaponize Vision), fake Pietro (pulled in by Agatha and Wanda to find out Wanda's secrets), Wanda's twins (created by Wanda who can create life itself).
It also appeared as though the
residents of Westview were struggling to recover after the snap so Wanda gave them a "happy life" or so she thought.

@Phicinfan so are you saying that
Agatha's constant mention of Ralph
and
the sword agent having bees all around him
weren't misdirects?
yes basically.
Westview is as it is because it fits into what Wanda wants due to her loving old sit coms. Nothing at all due to Agatha, IMO. Its Wanda's projection.
As for Ralph, maybe you could call it a troll, but to me it was just Agatha trying to look like she fits in. That being said, watch next episode is cause she wants Wanda's power to bring back "Ralph" or her son to life again.

LSLS

So, some point prior to Infinity wars? While they were sneaking time together then.

I mean, she seemed to know exactly where she was going to get to what should have been the house. Is there any reason to think she didn't know it was there, or that she had never seen the deed before?

Phicinfan

Silly thought. What if the area they were spending time in WAS in Westview. I can't remember if they ever identified in Infinity wars where they were spending time. And doesn't Vision say he has to catch a train to leave? That really makes one think...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom