SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

Surferboy567

I had to share this after seeing it.

Kristen-Anderson Lopez shared this which then directed me to this video by Artsy Omni. It is a very well done video and shows off the musical motif they have developed known as the Devil’s Interval (yes the name‘s meaning isn’t lost on me). This motif is weaved thoughout ALL the songs played in Wandavision including that song (up until this point). Some in the comments section theorize that Vision’s tie in Episode 1 has a similar looking pattern to this Devil’s Interval.

EDIT: Oh, and spoilers obviously for the first seven episodes of Wandavision.

Last edited:

hopemax

The idea that supposedly the actress that plays Dottie had to be approved by Feige (while he didn't do the same for other characters) makes me think there has to be more to Dottie than she has done so far (one of the many theories out there so far).
Interesting. An fyi, for those that might not know, the actress playing Dottie played a vengeance demon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. At first, I thought her casting didn't mean anything, Buffy was 15+ years ago, people get new jobs. But seeing how things are playing out, it wouldn't shock me to find out her casting was a bit of stunt casting. Also, that character had a thing about rabbits, and there is something going on with rabbits.

Jedijax719

Interesting. An fyi, for those that might not know, the actress playing Dottie played a vengeance demon on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. At first, I thought her casting didn't mean anything, Buffy was 15+ years ago, people get new jobs. But seeing how things are playing out, it wouldn't shock me to find out her casting was a bit of stunt casting. Also, that character had a thing about rabbits, and there is something going on with rabbits.
As I said, I'm pretty sure that Dottie is
another witch from Agatha's time. She could actually end up being the opposition to Agatha and end up being an ally to Wanda.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"A WandaVision season two, however, is not something currently occupying Feige's mind, as that series will feed into a feature film: Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, due out March 25, 2022 and featuring Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda Maximoff.

"When we start with a movie, we hope there is a part two, we hope there is part three, but we aren't factoring that into the part 1," said Feige, who noted he'd been at Marvel too long to say a definite yes or no to anything regarding WandaVision season two.

"Some of the shows that I mentioned that we are about to start filming, we are keeping in mind a structure that would lead into a season two or a season three in a more direct way compared to a show like WandaVision that goes into a feature," said Feige."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I had to share this after seeing it.

Kristen-Anderson Lopez shared this which then directed me to this video by Artsy Omni. It is a very well done video and shows off the musical motif they have developed known as the Devil’s Interval (yes the name‘s meaning isn’t lost on me). This motif is weaved thoughout ALL the songs played in Wandavision including that song (up until this point). Some in the comments section theorize that Vision’s tie in Episode 1 has a similar looking pattern to this Devil’s Interval.

EDIT: Oh, and spoilers obviously for the first seven episodes of Wandavision.

Fun video.

The tritone has been called the devll's chord. But it was a myth that it was banned. It is very discordant when played as a chord. But dissonance has a place to create tension that feels good when resolved, or purposely meant to keep tension to create unease as an artistic choice.

But, when played not as a chord, but just as a jump in the melody interval, it can be pleasant. Most of the music in West Side Story uses the tritone quite often, including the ballad, Maria.

The last 5 seconds is worth it...

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

"A WandaVision season two, however, is not something currently occupying Feige's mind, as that series will feed into a feature film: Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness, due out March 25, 2022 and featuring Elizabeth Olsen's Wanda Maximoff.

"When we start with a movie, we hope there is a part two, we hope there is part three, but we aren't factoring that into the part 1," said Feige, who noted he'd been at Marvel too long to say a definite yes or no to anything regarding WandaVision season two.

"Some of the shows that I mentioned that we are about to start filming, we are keeping in mind a structure that would lead into a season two or a season three in a more direct way compared to a show like WandaVision that goes into a feature," said Feige."

I'm fine with WandaVision being a 1 season show. As much as I like the characters, the sitcom gimmick would get repetitive after so many episodes. They kind of shot themselves in the foot by covering so many decades in 1 season instead of doing one or two each time.

Surferboy567

Fun video.

The tritone has been called the devll's chord. But it was a myth that it was banned. It is very discordant when played as a chord. But dissonance has a place to create tension that feels good when resolved, or purposely meant to keep tension to create unease as an artistic choice.

But, when played not as a chord, but just as a jump in the melody interval, it can be pleasant. Most of the music in West Side Story uses the tritone quite often, including the balled, Maria.

The last 5 seconds is worth it...

Very Interesting

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm fine with WandaVision being a 1 season show. As much as I like the characters, the sitcom gimmick would get repetitive after so many episodes. They kind of shot themselves in the foot by covering so many decades in 1 season instead of doing one or two each time.
Well the assumption is that the sitcom angle would have been dropped for any second season. Any second season would have dealt with a different story line to bridge the gap between movies. So provided that Wanda (and Vision) last beyond Dr Strange 2, the second season would pickup where that movie leaves off.

DisneyGigi

That reflection looks like a person or a thing. (Or I am over analyzing again waiting on midnight)😑

488BCD82-4D45-4A9F-80D3-0E9F5B951673.jpeg

Ripken10

After the faces in the basement and on the wallpaper in one of the other posters I have definitely started looking. Great Marvel has made crazy! 😜
The brilliance of this show. While I don’t think everything means something to the show or the marvel universe, I do think they went the extra mile, strike that, the extra ultra marathon to put Easter eggs everywhere making so many people question every angle, every word, every image. Heck, I feel like there is more theories on the commercials than most shows have (which I feel like every you tube video has a totally different theory about the commericials...marvel is probably laughing at us all at how they threw us off so many times with just commericials)

DisneyGigi

Definitely a thing.

...an upside down tree
Dream killer! 😂
The brilliance of this show. While I don’t think everything means something to the show or the marvel universe, I do think they went the extra mile, strike that, the extra ultra marathon to put Easter eggs everywhere making so many people question every angle, every word, every image. Heck, I feel like there is more theories on the commercials than most shows have (which I feel like every you tube video has a totally different theory about the commericials...marvel is probably laughing at us all at how they threw us off so many times with just commericials)
See, the one thing I love about the week to week and also hate is, it makes me over analyze everything. I have so overthought the commercials, it isn’t funny. 5 1/2 hours! Who is staying up with me to watch? ☕☕☕

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom