SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

NateD1226

Another awesome episode. It felt a lot more creepier than the other two. Maybe because I knew that Monica was going to get caught this episode. Speaking of, Teyonah Parris did an awesome job this episode and really switched tones perfectly just like Olsen does. I do wish we got to see Wanda using her powers like it was shown in the trailer, but I understand why they didn't. Also that Ultron name drop. Yikes...

I also really like how it progressed the series a lot more and hinted more of the overall plot. Also, the babies! Wiccan and Speed/Billy and Tommy are finally here! Very excited to see them throughout the rest of the series. Lastly, I was thinking that Agnes was the secret villain with Mephisto/Grim Reaper and they were just using Wanda to throw of audiences, but maybe Wanda is truly the main villain like everyone is theorizing and Agness will just help Wanda reach her full power like in the comics. Overall, great episode.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Another awesome episode. It felt a lot more creepier than the other two. Maybe because I knew that Monica was going to get caught this episode. Speaking of, Teyonah Parris did an awesome job this episode and really switched tones perfectly just like Olsen does. I do wish we got to see Wanda using her powers like it was shown in the trailer, but I understand why they didn't. Also that Ultron name drop. Yikes...

I also really like how it progressed the series a lot more and hinted more of the overall plot. Also, the babies! Wiccan and Speed/Billy and Tommy are finally here! Very excited to see them throughout the rest of the series. Lastly, I was thinking that Agnes was the secret villain with Mephisto/Grim Reaper and they were just using Wanda to throw of audiences, but maybe Wanda is truly the main villain like everyone is theorizing and Agness will just help Wanda reach her full power like in the comics. Overall, great episode.
I also thought it was great episode. As for seeing Monica actually getting thrown off, we'll likely see that in Ep4 when they incorporate more of the real world into each episode.

Vegas Disney Fan

I disliked the first episode, was curious by the end of the second episode, and was hooked by the end of the third. I can’t wait for next week, hopefully the awkwardness and slow pacing of the first episode didn’t turn a lot of people away.

It‘s a very odd show but very intriguing.

MarvelCharacterNerd

That was so good! I kept literally getting CHILLS watching the episode!

Another Hydra reference for the commercial this time. First was the Stark Industries toaster. Then the Strucker/Hydra watch. Now the Hydra soap. Waiting to see what it all means!

So many 'shiver' moments - Pietro (with accent!), the lullaby, ULTRON! But the biggest squeal from me was watching the screen go from fullscreen to widescreen - that was great! Better than even the black & white to color because that had been teased in ads before.

But watching 'Geraldine' get tossed out of the town with all those vehicles bearing down on her - whoa!

And the weirdness with the 'neighbors'. I, too, thought Agnes was going to be the villain and agree she's still likely Agatha, but she seemed... worried about what was going on in a way that was different than 'drat, my plans are foiled again'. But guess we'll just wait and see!!!

I did love the Vision butterfly moment - I so wish these two could have their happiness that I take any quiet intimate moment between them especially to heart.

waltography

That was so good! I kept literally getting CHILLS watching the episode!

Another Hydra reference for the commercial this time. First was the Stark Industries toaster. Then the Strucker/Hydra watch. Now the Hydra soap. Waiting to see what it all means!

So many 'shiver' moments - Pietro (with accent!), the lullaby, ULTRON! But the biggest squeal from me was watching the screen go from fullscreen to widescreen - that was great! Better than even the black & white to color because that had been teased in ads before.

But watching 'Geraldine' get tossed out of the town with all those vehicles bearing down on her - whoa!

And the weirdness with the 'neighbors'. I, too, thought Agnes was going to be the villain and agree she's still likely Agatha, but she seemed... worried about what was going on in a way that was different than 'drat, my plans are foiled again'. But guess we'll just wait and see!!!

I did love the Vision butterfly moment - I so wish these two could have their happiness that I take any quiet intimate moment between them especially to heart.
The 4:3 to 16:9 transition took my breath away. Turned it into a Marvel movie real quick - and I can see where the budget went.

I really thought Mephisto was the big baddie here (and I still think that he'll show up to an extent), but I'm really, really sad because it's looking like Wanda's the villain so far, with Agnes/Agatha seemingly trying to chaperone Wanda's psychotic break to protect the folks trapped here.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The 4:3 to 16:9 transition took my breath away. Turned it into a Marvel movie real quick - and I can see where the budget went.

I really thought Mephisto was the big baddie here (and I still think that he'll show up to an extent), but I'm really, really sad because it's looking like Wanda's the villain so far, with Agnes/Agatha seemingly trying to chaperone Wanda's psychotic break to protect the folks trapped here.
Well the House of M story line that a lot of this is based off of is why Wanda being the "villain" is not a surprise. In that story Doctor Strange has to come in to help combat Wanda. Which is why WandaVision is leading into Doctor Strange 2.

Jedijax719

I think the 16:9 ratio was only for the "real" modern world. When they go back to sitcom-land, it will revert back to the dimensions of that time.

While I have doubts about Mephisto, here's what I basically think is going on:
Wanda isn't the only one living in this sitcom dreamland. I think that EVERYONE is. Everyone may have had something happen to them where they were given a chance to live a seemingly "perfect" (but obviously not perfect) life trapped inside a seemingly innocent world created for them through TV-type reality. That is why Geraldine (Monica) was rejected. It is also why they don't want Wanda to "be herself". They are afraid of outsiders taking away this fantasy world created for them. Now, whether this is someone else's creation is left a mystery for now. But it is VERY clear the the real world has picked up on this tremendous energy source that, for whatever reason, scares them. Just like SHIELD built a whole camp around the discovery of Thor's hammer, they have done so around this town called Westview. Maybe everyone is actually dead and was able to live again in this world. Or maybe live again in a multiverse. We shall see.

note2001

I had to stay up and watch the third episode. So good but also so terrifying because it's finally becoming clear to me what the stakes are here.

They've finally started teasing what's happening and it's wild! Literally was on the edge of my seat in the last few minutes after Wanda literally throws Geraldine/Monica off her show and outside what appears to be the city limits of the real Westview.

I see why reviewers got the first three episodes now - my biggest question now is if/how they'll keep up the balance of the real world and Wanda's world.
So it's a watch? We get a modern view on what's happening to Wanda?
The old sitcoms make me feel ill, has to be worth it.

waltography

So it's a watch? We get a modern view on what's happening to Wanda?
The old sitcoms make me feel ill, has to be worth it.
It's a watch. Even with the Brady Bunch homage, it plays very loosely with the sitcom structure now and it's very obvious that something's off (things are flying, residents are acting strange and breaking character, more glitches).

The episode is honestly worth it for the transition to the modern view alone, although I wouldn't watch it with the expectation that they'll have pulled the curtain completely. It only happens in the last like minute or two, which is the only frustrating thing about the series for me.

20 minutes an episode isn't enough! I want more!

mf1972

i’ll admit we were cringing during the 1st episode with the corny 50’s sitcom theme. got a bit interesting in episode 2, now things are picking up here after episode 3. looking forward to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

They certainly did their research. When it comes to the retro sitcom aspect, I'm enjoying the different episode openings and commercials the most. I have to agree with others who say it's not a very funny show (even when it tries to be) and after 3 episodes I'm ready for the main plot to kick in.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I disliked the first episode, was curious by the end of the second episode, and was hooked by the end of the third. I can’t wait for next week, hopefully the awkwardness and slow pacing of the first episode didn’t turn a lot of people away.

It‘s a very odd show but very intriguing.
They *are* an unusual couple!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom