SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

ppet

I assume we are inside Wanda's brain, or she herself has created a world where Vision is still alive, but
I'm also wondering why SWORD is involved (Sentient World Observation and Response Department, notice the circle/sword logos on helicopter and computers, etc). How is this related to space or aliens?
But in the MCU SWORD the World is replaced with Weapon. That makes me think that they are tracking enhanced individuals that could be a threat.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I am not misunderstanding at all. Wanda is stuck in an old sitcom world, I get that. My point is when that old sitcom world and plot is not well written or funny and that is the bulk of the episode. How is that entertaining for the viewer at home?
Why do you assume she is "stuck"? There is no indication that she is stuck from any of the trailers, the two episodes released, or even the source material the show is based off of. The premise is that she created this world because she broke from reality after Visions death. She isn't stuck, she is there on purpose. The fact that you think she is stuck shows you misunderstand the show.

Screamface

Why do you assume she is "stuck"? There is no indication that she is stuck from any of the trailers, the two episodes released, or even the source material the show is based off of. The premise is that she created this world because she broke from reality after Visions death. She isn't stuck, she is there on purpose. The fact that you think she is stuck shows you misunderstand the show.

She is in an old sitcom world, for whatever reason.

My point is that the writing of the old sitcom world was not well done. That is the bulk of the episode and it was boring. Overacting and being like, "this is the lame stuff old sitcoms would do" isn't good. Old sitcoms were well written and the reason people are nostalgic for them today, still watch them today is that they weren't badly written. Even if dated.

My critique is not of the concept of the show or however it ends up. It's just that if you make a show to be set in a plotline and world like an old sitcom. Try and actually write it to be entertaining. I saw comments on Reddit where people were arguing the show, "isn't meant to be funny." Well then what's the point of the sitcom setting, canned laughter and bad joke writing? Are we literally meant to be entertained by something that is bad?

A couple of bad sitcom episodes with some breadcrumbs. Sorry, but it was bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCLcruiser

But in the MCU SWORD the World is replaced with Weapon. That makes me think that they are tracking enhanced individuals that could be a threat.
Well, that makes a lot more sense. I just did a quick google and you are correct. Not sure why they changed it since Fox isn't a problem anymore.

DCLcruiser

My point is that the writing of the old sitcom world was not well done. That is the bulk of the episode and it was boring. Overacting and being like, "this is the lame **** old sitcoms would do" isn't good. Old sitcoms were well written and the reason people are nostalgic for them today, still watch them today is that they weren't badly written. Even if dated.

My critique is not of the concept of the show or however it ends up. It's just that if you make a show to be set in a plotline and world like an old sitcom. Try and actually write it to be entertaining. I saw comments on Reddit where people were arguing the show, "isn't meant to be funny." Well then what's the point of the sitcom setting, canned laughter and bad joke writing? Are we literally meant to be entertained by something that is bad?

I think, based on the trailer, that future episodes get better and have action. I believe it goes to 80s sitcoms, but more like Stranger Things.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

My point is that the writing of the old sitcom world was not well done. That is the bulk of the episode and it was boring. Overacting and being like, "this is the lame **** old sitcoms would do" isn't good. Old sitcoms were well written and the reason people are nostalgic for them today, still watch them today is that they weren't badly written. Even if dated.

Well I appreciate your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

Think of the two episodes like Twin Peaks + Twilight Zone set in an old sitcom.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I personally found it boring. On a technical level it was well done, but the homage to old sitcoms made one crucial error. It wasn't funny or well written.

My point is when that old sitcom world and plot is not well written or funny and that is the bulk of the episode. How is that entertaining for the viewer at home?

My point is that the writing of the old sitcom world was not well done. That is the bulk of the episode and it was boring. Overacting and being like, "this is the lame **** old sitcoms would do" isn't good.

I'm sorry, what's your point? Scream it a little louder and more often and maybe it will be true and we'll all be forced to agree with your opinion.

Jedijax719

My question is why are people wanting to get her out of the sitcom world and why are they so concerned that she's there? If she's happy, why not just leave her there? There must be some sort of horrible danger stemming from it.

DCLcruiser

My question is why are people wanting to get her out of the sitcom world and why are they so concerned that she's there? If she's happy, why not just leave her there? There must be some sort of horrible danger stemming from it.
And how are they watching her sitcom world on a screen!?

She must be inside of a computer or something. I bet she is in the Hulu servers. BIG cross-platform event coming.

Screamface

I'm sorry, what's your point? Scream it a little louder and more often and maybe it will be true and we'll all be forced to agree with your opinion.

Someone, actually many, found the show boring. Go have a cry about it. Sorry if I thought this was a place for discussion. I didn't see that criticism wasn't allowed. The show was amazing! I loved the meta take on old sitcoms not being funny. How this subtle was used to underpin the prison Wanda may or may not be in without Vision.

Her life with him has been robbed, she's now desperately trying to cling onto the life she won't have, using the framing of old sitcoms. Yet the humour is gone, it's a meaningless life because Vision is no more, which is why the pointlessness and unfunniness of the sitcom settings is so great. It's showing us this fantasy setting is a shallow facade. Without Vision, it's only a pale imitation. Devoid of what made those settings, those old sitcoms good. There's no authenticity.

I'm hoping by the end it moves up to the present day, where Wanda and Vision are in a show based on the vapidness of reality TV. Such as the Kardashians. When the meaninglessness of that kind of show collides with the meaninglessness and pointlessness of this show. Which allows her to reconcile her grief over Vision and finally move on. With the use of a bee keeper giving her honey so she can realise that life can still be sweet when you move past hardship and loss. We can only hope it can be that deep.

Last edited by a moderator:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Oooh, let's take bets on other episode names like this:

We'll Be Right Back After These Messages

Sponsored By

Brought To You In Living Color

Stay Tuned

Previously On

Any other guesses? So many possibilities!
It's Brady-Bunch based so:
Here's a Story
The WandaVision Bunch
Don't Play Ball in the House
Vision, Vision, Vision!
Everybody's Smilin'
Keep On Movin'

waltography

I had to stay up and watch the third episode. So good but also so terrifying because it's finally becoming clear to me what the stakes are here.

They've finally started teasing what's happening and it's wild! Literally was on the edge of my seat in the last few minutes after Wanda literally throws Geraldine/Monica off her show and outside what appears to be the city limits of the real Westview.

I see why reviewers got the first three episodes now - my biggest question now is if/how they'll keep up the balance of the real world and Wanda's world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom