SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Its not going to be "seasons" all these marvel shows are going to be one season and done.
the avengers agree GIF

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Huge Twilight Zone feels, and that is a compliment. If it keeps up with the concept of everything devolving and getting more unsettling each episode, I'm going to love this.

Also if all of the Marvel shows are gonna have the sorta whodunnit trope of a masked/hooded figure who appears throughout the show and it's gonna keep us guessing all the way through who it is (Beekeeper in WandaVision of course, and in the Loki trailer there was a hooded figure who seemed to be following them through time), then my hype for these shows have raised significantly.
Well, the next phase needs a new over-arching story arc like the now settled Infinity Stones/Thanos arc. So, you may be on to something.

Screamface

I personally found it boring. On a technical level it was well done, but the homage to old sitcoms made one crucial error. It wasn't funny or well written. I felt like they didn't respect old sitcoms were actually really well written, even if dated by today's standards. There's a reason many are still repeated to this day. They are genuinely still entertaining and funny. Once the "nostalgia" wore off, this was just boring. At best occasionally slightly amusing.

It felt like when it came to the humour, the attitude was like, "here's the lame stuff they'd write back then." It was enough for a sketch length homage, they just didn't have it in them to do fuller episodes.

I know there's more going on. A larger story that will unfold, but to me these first two episodes were not good. Even if it gets really good by the end. I couldn't imagine I would be in any rush to watch these first couple of episodes on a rewatch of the show.

Trentster05

I personally found it boring. On a technical level it was well done, but the homage to old sitcoms made one crucial error. It wasn't funny or well written. I felt like they didn't respect old sitcoms were actually really well written, even if dated by today's standards. There's a reason many are still repeated to this day. They are genuinely still entertaining and funny. Once the "nostalgia" wore off, this was just boring. At best occasionally slightly amusing.

It felt like when it came to the humour, the attitude was like, "here's the lame stuff they'd write back then." It was enough for a sketch length homage, they just didn't have it in them to do fuller episodes.

I know there's more going on. A larger story that will unfold, but to me these first two episodes were not good. Even if it gets really good by the end. I couldn't imagine I would be in any rush to watch these first couple of episodes on a rewatch of the show.

Yeah. I'm thinking they should have released the first three episodes at once the more I think about it. A lot of critics who saw the first three episodes said that the third one is better than the first two and starts to show where the show is really heading.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

I think you misunderstood what was happening. This isn't suppose to be a direct beat for beat rehash of the old sitcoms. This is a world created based on old sitcoms seen through Wanda's eyes. This is her creating a world using HER interpretation of those old shows she watched growing up.

So if you were going in expecting Bewitched or Dick Van Dy*e then you were going to be disappointed. But if you understand this is Wanda creating this world based on her memories of those shows then is makes sense.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I think you misunderstood what was happening. This isn't suppose to be a direct beat for beat rehash of the old sitcoms. This is a world created based on old sitcoms seen through Wanda's eyes. This is her creating a world using HER interpretation of those old shows she watched growing up.

So if you were going in expecting Bewitched or Dick Van Dy*e then you were going to be disappointed. But if you understand this is Wanda creating this world based on her memories of those shows then is makes sense.
Great analysis. Id also add there is an element of reality breaking in to her created reality that appears to cause some confusion.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Also it appears that Evan Peters is actually playing Quicksilver again based on a now deleted tweet from a Spanish translator working for Disney.

So depending on which version of Pietro being used this could be the backdoor way for X-Men coming into the MCU. Which has always been rumored as a possibility.

DCLcruiser

We liked it. My wife, who really isn't a big comic or sci-fi person, laughed through a lot of it.

Question:
Now, in terms of the choking scene and when Dottie breaks the glass, what is making the characters change their demeanor? All of a sudden they are fine, back to the status quo. Is Wanda forcing the change or ???

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
We liked it. My wife, who really isn't a big comic or sci-fi person, laughed through a lot of it.

Question:
Now, in terms of the choking scene and when Dottie breaks the glass, what is making the characters change their demeanor? All of a sudden they are fine, back to the status quo. Is Wanda forcing the change or ???
I dont think its clear yet. There is some thought that the individuals that are being interacted with are those that have made their way into the created reality. Actual physical people. Some are thought to be completely created out of nothing. The shift in demeanor could be them momentarily slipping out of Wanda’s control or influence.

DCLcruiser

I assume we are inside Wanda's brain, or she herself has created a world where Vision is still alive, but
I'm also wondering why SWORD is involved (Sentient World Observation and Response Department, notice the circle/sword logos on helicopter and computers, etc). How is this related to space or aliens?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I assume we are inside Wanda's brain, or she herself has created a world where Vision is still alive, but
I'm also wondering why SWORD is involved (Sentient World Observation and Response Department, notice the circle/sword logos on helicopter and computers, etc). How is this related to space or aliens?
Its a physical manifestation which allegedly becomes evident later. Think dome of altered reality. I believe SWORD is involved as its the evolution of SHIELD and Fury likely had come to the realization of just how powerful Wanda is. SWORD is trying to determine what is going on in the bubble.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

Question:
We're in a spoiler thread... ;)

Dottie and Mrs. Hart (directed to Wanda: "Stop it! Stop it!") seem to sometimes recognize that they're being forced to play a part they don't want to. A line from the trailer seems to confirm that. That's why their demeanor changes. When they realize they're in a fantasy... they want out.

Wanda's demeanor changes when she is conscious this is a fantasy, but, she wants to remain in.

Conflict!

DCLcruiser

We're in a spoiler thread... ;)

Dottie and Mrs. Hart (directed to Wanda: "Stop it! Stop it!") seem to sometimes recognize that they're being forced to play a part they don't want to. A line from the trailer seems to confirm that. That's why their demeanor changes. When they realize they're in a fantasy... they want out.

Wanda's demeanor changes when she is conscious this is a fantasy, but, she wants to remain in.

Conflict!
Lol, I know I'm just sure someone will stumble in by accident. I had to force myself to avoid the thread until I saw the episodes.

Oh and, I like that they are slowly releasing episodes.

I think bulk releases hurt shows. GoT was a weekly show, and it allowed everyone to talk and think all week long and continue for the full season. Dropping everything in one night and people bingeing just leads to it being over and done with so quickly. Then you are left wanting more, or forgetting about the show. I feel like so many new shows come out, we don't hear a lot about them, and then they are lost to the void of Netflix search.

Even binge-able shows we tend to watch one per week, like the old days.

Screamface

I am not misunderstanding at all. Wanda is stuck in an old sitcom world, I get that. My point is when that old sitcom world and plot is not well written or funny and that is the bulk of the episode. How is that entertaining for the viewer at home?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom