SPOILERS: WandaVision Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Double warning: As each episodes casts, this thread will be a spoiler for that episode. Make sure you're up to date before peeking!

1609959854792.png

NateD1226

That was awesome. I'm so glad they stayed true to the sitcom style, but weren't afraid to play with it a bit. Hearing all the callbacks to the real world was very creepy. Especially when Wanda said Vision had an "indestructible head". This whole thing is like a horror movie in disguise. I found myself creeped out when Mr. Heart started choking. Elizabeth Olsen also did absolutely amazing. The way she switched tones so flawlessly was amazing.

Overall, this was an amazing start. I just know it is going to get way more exciting as we go on.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That was awesome. I'm so glad they stayed true to the sitcom style, but weren't afraid to play with it a bit. Hearing all the callbacks to the real world was very creepy. Especially when Wanda said Vision had an "indestructible head". This whole thing is like a horror movie in disguise. I found myself creeped out when Mr. Heart started choking. Elizabeth Olsen also did absolutely amazing. The way she switched tones so flawlessly was amazing.

Overall, this was an amazing start. I just know it is going to get way more exciting as we go on.
It definitely has the undertones of Twilight Zone which is of the same era.

Also its a throw away line but Agnes I think gives away who is behind the whole thing with this:

“The devil’s in the details Bev.” – Dotty

“That’s not the only place he is.” – Agnes

This puts the rumored Evan Peters as Mephisto into a new light as possibly true.

Princess Leia

Agnes is one to watch. She seems to be the only one who knows what is going on... until
Wanda reverses Bee Man (?) from coming out of the grate

Wanda and Vision were a highlight of their films, and I love watching them together again in domesticated bliss, but I really don’t see this show having a happy ending. Or if it’s happy, it’s only happy for Wanda and Vision, the rest of the world is probably not going to fare well.

LSLS

I completely get why they released these 2 at the same time. I could see being a bit lost at episode 1. Think the second one gave much more insight into how wanda is transforming all of this. I'm really liking this so far, its very different, and there is a real dark element underlying it.

MarvelCharacterNerd

My general reaction is:

1610734988372.png

SO happy to hear that MCU credits intro again.

Wanda and Vision couple moments were heartbreaking because it can't last and she so desperately wants to be happy.

Waiting to see how reality intrudes on the illusion...

And yet somehow I still hope it all works out for them! 🤞

Also: Paul Bettany is too precious and perfect at being awkward for such a handsome guy.

But in the end... I missed being in a dark theater watching it all unfold. (Even though this show would never happen in a theater.) Marvel is meant for the big screen and this made me realize I'm going to be bummed if I wind up watching Black Widow on my TV set in a few months rather than in a movie theater. It's not the same. These stories are grand and need the bigger experience. That said, this show being so TV-themed is probably the best way to introduce the MCUD+ to the small screen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
If you don't know why this is genius, watch these two videos.

The one thing Ryan missed was a direct line from The Dick Van Dyke Show. In one episode, Rob does something that upsets Laura and he asks why she's upset and she replies weepily, giving one of the best lines in sitcom history: "Well if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you."

erasure fan1

It’s ok so far. Hard to judge it without much of a plot thus far.
Yea, it is a bit hard to judge with only 2 shows out. It might have been a better idea to drop the first 4 episodes or more at once. Hopefully casual fans stick with it. I've had a few friends and family ask what the point is. I'm not sure it will hold the casual viewer week to week.

So far I can say, I'm intrigued. I like what Ive seen so far, but I also have a pretty good grasp of where this is going.

Trentster05

I think its very original so far. I love both main actors and I love that it is parodying other shows. I feel like as the show goes on it will set up for other Marvel shows as well. It is all in the same universe so why not make people watch the other shows to connect all the dots? I read somewhere that the reason Disney releases one episode a week is to keep people coming back for more and prolong their subscriptions.

doctornick

I think the show will ultimately be better as a binge watch, but I can’t say I blame Disney for sticking with their “release an episode a week” model. I do like how that generates avid discussion and makes it easier for people to be “caught up” to avoid spoilers.

I do wonder whether this was the best option for a first MCU D+ release. I think something more traditional (like Falcon and the Winter Soldier seems lonely to be) might have been a better choice to engage a wide audience

doctornick

I like it so far though but I’m invested in these characters and am old enough to appreciate the older show references even if they were a bit before my time. Love the Easter eggs throughout.

I’m torn between reading people’s guesses about the future of the show and just letting myself be surprised.

sedati

This is right up my alley and I can't wait to see where things go.
I feel the show is appreciated on at least three levels simultaneously.
First is just going along with the idea that this is a real sitcom.
Second is watching it knowing it isn't and considering all that we know about these characters.
Third is wondering about all the things we don't know.

If it was all put out at once many would have watched all through already. Many would be spoiled. All would be robbed of the fun of speculating.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This is right up my alley and I can't wait to see where things go.
I feel the show is appreciated on at least three levels simultaneously.
First is just going along with the idea that this is a real sitcom.
Second is watching it knowing it isn't and considering all that we know about these characters.
Third is wondering about all the things we don't know.

If it was all put out at once many would have watched all through already. Many would be spoiled. All would be robbed of the fun of speculating.
The slow burn may hurt the show in the long end. people pay for streaming to bin watch. it worked for the mandalorian but people hated it for THE BOYS season 2, and so far not a lot of people like the weekly release idea for this.

doctornick

The slow burn may hurt the show in the long end. people pay for streaming to bin watch. it worked for the mandalorian but people hated it for THE BOYS season 2, and so far not a lot of people like the weekly release idea for this.

I don’t think there can be any generalization about what “people” want. Some folks certainly prefer binge watching but a lot of folks don’t; and binge watching doesn’t fit in with the lifestyle of many - perhaps especially many Disney+ subscribers who are more likely to be families with kids.

And I think it’s pretty obvious that weekly releases are more conducive to speculation and discussion as it makes it easier for more people to be “caught up” at the same time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom