SPOILERS: The Mandalorian S1 Chapter 7

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
With one episode left, it is clear to me that this is Star Wars written and run by people who not only understand why Star Wars resonates with so many of us, but by people who actually LIKE Star Wars. The wonder, the spectacle, the characters we actually get to know and care about, and of course some fan service thrown in.

How much does Disney need to pay Favreau and Filoni to run Lucasfilm?

dreday3

Oh my god it was so good!!! We learned how great his powers are.

I felt so bad when the of the animals got lifted away by those bird things.

We half hoped it would have been Kylo Ren coming out at the end, could have finally made him sinister.

Now I dont believe they want to hurt The Child, but rather make him a Sith Lord.

I have spoken. I guess goodbye?

SAVE BABY YODA!!!

Gainesvillain

We half hoped it would have been Kylo Ren coming out at the end, could have finally made him sinister.

Now I dont believe they want to hurt The Child, but rather make him a Sith Lord.

SAVE BABY YODA!!!
~10 after ROTJ . . . Would Kylo even be around? If so, wouldn't be still be Ben Solo?

Tanna Eros

SAVE BABY YODA!!!
But they didn't mind Mando bringing him cold, it was just a higher price if he was warm.

sedati

Good stuff.
What a weird chill I got finally seeing a Tie land.
I enjoyed the campfire attack, but man is that group a bunch of bad shots if they could only hit one of them, and not even the one making off with a Blurg.
I love the weekly releases and while I was a bit bummed at first at the shorter than expected run times, it makes it a lot easier to fit in re-watches.
Can't wait to see how the Marvel stuff comes out.

Last edited:

doctornick

Great episode, but I'm bothered by their plan. I mean, if having the child safely on the ship was a key part of the strategy, why wouldn't they just wait for him to get back to the ship before marching into town? I know it is nitpicky, but considering how the Mandalorian seems to be so particular with his planning it just seems off.

I'm really curious how much closure will occur versus teasing for the next season. Did they know they were going to have a second season before they completed filming?

Last edited:

sedati

Gorgeous shot:
1576723389442.png

Though a little familiar...
Screen Shot 2019-12-18 at 9.46.18 PM.png

This was an unused concept for Force Awakens. They just painted over this piece for the end credits:
1576723342613.png

sedati

I don’t think that’s how energy binders work however, that would be my biggest quibble with this ep.

Mike S

R.I.P buddy 😭

This show just gets better and batter. Disney is very lucky this is out right now and people are loving it. They needed this win. I hope everyone involved in the writing and directing has bigger and bigger opportunities handed to them. Once again we also get a great glimpse at Deborah Chow’s directing chops. I absolutely cannot wait to see her work with Obi Wan Kenobi and the returning Ewan McGregor 😄

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Gorgeous shot:
View attachment 434859
Though a little familiar...
View attachment 434860
This was an unused concept for Force Awakens. They just painted over this piece for the end credits:
View attachment 434858

So as I was watching his TIE come into land and the geek in me was complaining how in the new trilogy the TIEs sit on their wings, however everything I read growing up was that TIEs cant support them selves like that... then they start to fold up and drop landing gear, brilliant. I dont know if this was a one off version or what but it was great!

This series is seriously the best thing to happen to the franchise since at least Rouge One, and definitely since Disney got their hands on it. It is the perfect mix of new content, geeky fan service that I crave with a story that just keeps giving. It keeps me and my wife on the edge of our seat each week and now that we know they are not afraid to kill off characters it makes it that much more exciting! Seriously I am so excited after watching this episode. Now I know that after I watch the train wreck that is RoS tomorrow I will at least have some good Star Wars content to come home to.

EDIT: I hit the post button way before I had finished writing my thoughts. Added a significant amount to original post

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom