SPOILERS: The Mandalorian S1 Chapter 6

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
What's going to happen next?

1576114533862.gif

dreday3

Hopefully the story actually moves forward after 2 filler eps.

Filler? Filler to what? It's a story about The Mandalorian and his "adventures" for lack of a better term. Every episode can't be the best, but none of them are filler in my opinion.

I borrowed this phrase from an IGN article I was reading "The Mandalorian continues to be unafraid to reject TV’s current obsession with novelistic arcs, preferring a comic book approach, always offering a beginning, middle and end. It remains worth celebrating, just for that."

Sums up my thoughts perfectly.

NearTheEars

Well! This was one of my favorite episodes so far! Though as a female, I thought my fellow female's facial expressions/movements were over the top and kind of distracting.

Anyone notice anything about the x-wing pilots at the end? :D

Even for this guy it was a little distracting. Especially since her brother didn't act the same.

Loved the episode overall. I also really like Bill Burr in general.

Cad_develbane

Is anyone else getting slightly irritated as to why we’re now 5 episodes removed from “the bombshell chapter 1” episode revealing the existence of an apparent baby yoda, & we’re not any closer to finding out what the point of it is?? Are they ever going to circle back to why the remnants of the empire are so interested in the kid? Or why the kid even exists? (Except to create cute memes)
Mando has been cool to this point, but I’m really hoping for more definitive storylines instead of constantly introducing vague plot points in the form of new characters, that ultimately lead to nowhere.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is anyone else getting slightly irritated as to why we’re now 5 episodes removed from “the bombshell chapter 1” episode revealing the existence of an apparent baby yoda, & we’re not any closer to finding out what the point of it is?? Are they ever going to circle back to why the remnants of the empire are so interested in the kid? Or why the kid even exists? (Except to create cute memes)
Mando has been cool to this point, but I’m really hoping for more definitive storylines instead of constantly introducing vague plot points in the form of new characters, that ultimately lead to nowhere.

This is typical serial writing/media. Lots of mystery boxes that don't get answered... until later seasons. Took many seasons to learn about Odo's race in Star Trek DS9.

This isn't a movie that will tie this up at the end.

Last edited:

dreday3

Not bothered at all. It will get to where it's going in its own time.
I love meeting new and interesting characters in each episode with a new adventure each time. And we learn more about the backstory of the Mandalorian every episode.
As we should, because ultimately it's what the series is about - The Mandalorian.

Princess Leia

Enjoyed this episode a lot more than the last two (which were fine, just liked this one more). There was an actual sense of danger throughout, which led to higher stakes. I was almost yelling at the tv when the one guy dropped Baby Yoda.

Natalia Tena (Tonks from Harry Potter, Osha from Game of Thrones) was the Twi’i/ ex-fling of the Mandalorian’s.

Also, Pedro Pascal wasn’t in the last episode, and I’m not sure if he was in this one. His stunt doubles were doing the physical work while he worked on Wonder Woman 1984... and one of those stunt doubles is John Wayne’s grandson!!

erasure fan1

Is anyone else getting slightly irritated as to why we’re now 5 episodes removed from “the bombshell chapter 1” episode revealing the existence of an apparent baby yoda, & we’re not any closer to finding out what the point of it is??
If I had to complain a bit, and it's a minor complaint. It's not that we are this far in and don't have any real answers. It's the fact that we have only have 2 episodes left. And based on the run times, we aren't going to get the answers we want, this season anyway. There just isn't time unless they make the last two episodes an hour or so.

Overall I enjoyed this episode. It was hilarious when baby yoda put his hand up to use the force on the droid. Then the mando blasts the droid from behind and baby yoda just kind of looks at his hand like, holy cow did I just do that.

Indy_UK

I didn’t like this episode at all. Didn’t add anything at all to the overall story. They need to hurry up and bring in the ’Moff’ general

thenerdbaker

I think this was the best episode yet. I was on edge for most of it just because they dropped us into the episode not really knowing why Mando is there or where baby Yoda is and then when we do know the tension builds even more till the end. I love that we are getting these independent stories instead of making the story too complicated. Also the sheer amount of guest stars and movie references was mind blowing. This episode made me go from liking the show to falling in love with this show. At this point I don't even care who the kid is I just want more of this kind of storytelling.

mf1972

Enjoyed this episode a lot more than the last two (which were fine, just liked this one more). There was an actual sense of danger throughout, which led to higher stakes. I was almost yelling at the tv when the one guy dropped Baby Yoda.

Natalia Tena (Tonks from Harry Potter, Osha from Game of Thrones) was the Twi’i/ ex-fling of the Mandalorian’s.

Also, Pedro Pascal wasn’t in the last episode, and I’m not sure if he was in this one. His stunt doubles were doing the physical work while he worked on Wonder Woman 1984... and one of those stunt doubles is John Wayne’s grandson!!
i didn’t know that was natalia tena under all that makeup. clancy brown stuck out like a sore thumb. instantly recognizable voice.

BasiltheBatLord

This is just a different kind of show. It’s trying to harken back to the Saturday morning serial type shows where there’s a season-long plot of some sort but it frequently yields to self-contained stories/adventures which are introduced and resolved in each episode.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom