SPOILERS: The Mandalorian S1 Chapter 1

G00fyDad

Not really. They are listed as a non-sentient species.

I found myself feeling a little bad for the one in the cage watching his buddy being roasted. It was like the lobster tank at Red Lobster turned up to 11.

I thought they were sentient. Even servants. Salacious B. Crumb was sentient. He was Jabba's flunky/jester in the palace.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I thought they were sentient. Even servants. Salacious B. Crumb was sentient. He was Jabba's flunky/jester in the palace.
It depends on your definition. They would most likely qualify as sentient here on earth, but they don't meet the definition in the Star Wars Universe.

Thinking intelligently was part of the criteria for sentience in the Star Wars Universe as only non-sentient living beings could be used as slaves under galactic law.

Wendy Pleakley

The KML laughs at things. Is it sentient? Are they eating a sentient species?

I didn't think about that. Salacious Crumb is shown laughing in RoTJ, suggesting he's at least intelligent enough to have an awareness of what's going on. Reminds me of Chewie cooking a Porg, a funny scene but was it going too far to show a creature being upset that his relative was being eaten, and playing it for laughs?

Wendy Pleakley

G00fyDad

I didn't think about that. Salacious Crumb is shown laughing in RoTJ, suggesting he's at least intelligent enough to have an awareness of what's going on. Reminds me of Chewie cooking a Porg, a funny scene but was it going too far to show a creature being upset that his relative was being eaten, and playing it for laughs?

I don't think it was. I have an uncle I don't really care about much, so.....

G00fyDad

Loved it. That bounty droid was epic.

Based loosely on one of my favorites, IG-88. He was an awesome character and bounty hunter from the EU series of books.

th.jpg

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Based loosely on one of my favorites, IG-88. He was an awesome character and bounty hunter from the EU series of books.

View attachment 425302
Not loosely at all. He is an IG Assasin droid so essentially a copy of IG-88 with different programming. (IG-88 was given sentient programming) Filoni gave him a different designation so as not to step on the toes of the old EU so it would not surprise me if they use some of IG-88's backstory from Tales of the Bounty Hunters in this series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom