SPOILERS: Star Wars' ANDOR

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This week's episode got all the fun Stellan moments and the poor puppy robot missing his mama. I loved that the guy was respecting the droid mourning its loss but it seemed a bit indulgent, if very sweet. Is someone really going to give the vacuum cleaner that much time to grieve?

I couldn't help but think of Luke's line in A New Hope, "I have never seen such devotion in a droid before."

Phroobar

Hey look, they actually used some of their CG budget to James Bond Luthen's escape from the Imperials. You still got to fell sad for the creepy droid though.

Wendy Pleakley

Not a lot of chatter on this episode even thought we did get some action, albeit brief action, that a lot of people have been clamoring for.

I know we never got the full story but is this the opposite of Rogue One? What I mean is, I always got the sense that it was meant to be a smaller scale movie about fighting a rebellion and then the powers that be wanted more action, hence things like the Vader scene being added.

And here they've gone all in on a show that eschews action in favour of showing the nuts and bolts of how a rebellion is formed.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, just kind of surprised.

Also, you know Bob is looking at the possibility of a tie-in and allowing people to have their remains be used to build walls in Galaxy's Edge.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I'm going to say that this was a pretty disappointing finale. It really is exactly what I thought it would be. There was no way that after the prison break, they were going to be able to wrap it up as a complete season. Now all that said, I don't think it's bad. I think it isn't a format that is conducive to the casual fan. And doesn't give you that complete ending and I can see how that will bug some. This will be one story told over 2 seasons. If we were getting season 2 in, lets say February or March, I'd say it doesn't matter. Overall I'll really have to judge this show once both seasons are complete.

SuddenStorm

I absolutely loved Andor.

I enjoyed the Mandalorian- it was nice to see familiar stuff and Luke's return at the end of season 2 was absolutely amazing. But this stands on its own and far outdoes any other Star Wars Disney has done- it introduced new characters with depth. It introduced new moral dilemmas, and I loved depicting the Rebellion as more morally grey than just being the 'good guys'.

I firmly believe it's the best Star Wars we've gotten on film since Star Tours in '87.

erasure fan1

Andor was a fantastic show. I really enjoyed The Mandalorian but this was better.
I would say that Andor is a more well made show from a technical standpoint. The writing, cinematography, acting... All better in Andor. But what Mando did that Andor didn't, at least not in season 1, was Mando was all star wars. It nailed the look and feel. You had new creatures and planets while still incorporating classic aliens and vehicles. It felt like star wars. That doesn't mean Andor is bad but it is a factor in why it hasn't had that same buzz that mando had. I just don't see a lot of non big star wars fans talking about the show. And that's too bad.

doctornick

I would say that Andor is a more well made show from a technical standpoint. The writing, cinematography, acting... All better in Andor. But what Mando did that Andor didn't, at least not in season 1, was Mando was all star wars. It nailed the look and feel. You had new creatures and planets while still incorporating classic aliens and vehicles. It felt like star wars. That doesn't mean Andor is bad but it is a factor in why it hasn't had that same buzz that mando had. I just don't see a lot of non big star wars fans talking about the show. And that's too bad.
To me as it is simply that Andor may be a “better” constructed show, The Mandalorian is just way more fun. I liked Andor well enough but have no particular to rewatch or even really relive the series through talking to others, etc. The Mandalorian was just excited and more interesting to engage with and so it generates a lot more buzz (and I think Mando is pretty well produced in its own right).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom