SPOILERS: Star Wars' ANDOR

MickeyMouse10

Whoa this was very long winded and could have been summed up in 1 episode. Way too much filler and non essential characters in this one to keep me interested. Did we have to get so many boring conversations? Like the one on the transport with some random old guy.

The only exciting things that happened were at the beginning of episode 1 and the end of episode 3. I'll keep watching to see if they can change my mind though.

Last edited:

Screamface

Whoa this was very long winded, everything could have been summed up in 1 episode. Way too much filler and non essential characters in this one to keep me interested. Did we have to get so many boring conversations?

I'll keep watching to see if they can change my mind though.
The pace is meant to pick up over the next few episodes from people that have seen them.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of it. I actually appreciated it trying to establish some real-world aspects for normal people. Not just jumping ahead, empire bad, you know the gist. I suspect going for a bit of a Blade Runner sci-fi vibe might not work for some people.

People talk about nothing happening in the second episode, but that just flew by for me.

MickeyMouse10

The pace is meant to pick up over the next few episodes from people that have seen them.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of it. I actually appreciated it trying to establish some real-world aspects for normal people. Not just jumping ahead, empire bad, you know the gist. I suspect going for a bit of a Blade Runner sci-fi vibe might not work for some people.

People talk about nothing happening in the second episode, but that just flew by for me.

Yeah, I love the look of the show. It's really real looking and you actually look like you can touch it. I just think there's a lot working against it right now.

Plus I find the character of Andor boring and lifeless. He's not likable at all and he hardly shows any emotions when he's saying things. The droid seemed to show more emotions.

Consumer

Yeah, I love the look of the show. It's really real looking and you actually look like you can touch it. I just think there's a lot working against it right now.

Plus I find the character of Andor boring and lifeless. He's not likable at all and he hardly shows any emotions when he's saying things. The droid seemed to show more emotions.
Andor has always been a bad character and it's bizarre they chose him for the lead of a new series. Both this series and Rogue One open with him killing in cold blood, yet I'm supposed to root for this guy? He has no charm and offers nothing for the audiences to latch on or relate to. He sucks.

That said, you're right that the show looks good. Clearly a much higher budget than Boba Fett or even Mando. The on location filming really helps that. But ultimately, like Rogue One, aesthetic can't make up for a lack of intriguing characters.

MickeyMouse10

I don't get why "Andor" didn't have subtitles for the flashbacks. Did they not want to insult the Kenari people? Kinda like when they didn't have Spanish for "West Side Story".

They'll probably say something stupid like...

"We wanted people to feel what the characters felt. Not knowing what these white intruders were saying or what they wanted from them. Pulling them away from their family."

Robbiem

I agree it was going for a blade runner type thing.

Have to say after three episodes I’m quite disappointed. I loved Rogue One but Andor has fallen a bit too flat so far. Andor appears to be going for real world commentary with its evil corporation stuff which to me isn’t what star wars is about, it should be more mythological in its messaging

I hope it picks up down the road but so far its my least favourite star wars show, other than resistance

Screamface

I agree it was going for a blade runner type thing.

Have to say after three episodes I’m quite disappointed. I loved Rogue One but Andor has fallen a bit too flat so far. Andor appears to be going for real world commentary with its evil corporation stuff which to me isn’t what star wars is about, it should be more mythological in its messaging

I hope it picks up down the road but so far its my least favourite star wars show, other than resistance

Do you honestly think Kenobi was better than this? While not everything was terrible, there was so much bad stuff in that show. So little care was taken frequently with writing, direction and production. I don't even think the people making that had seen Rogue One when you compare the Imperial bases and the attacks on them.

I also do worry about the real-world commentary aspect. I want it to remain in a Star Wars way, not get into something too specific to current-day US politics. I don't want the trend of MAGA rallies showing up which genre shows keep doing. Rings of Power. Picard season 2 etc.

I like the aspect of the Empire being the top level of management and not everywhere. Which is more realistic to a massive galaxy. Star Wars needs to feel big again. And big in a realistic way.

The most worrisome aspect is his adoptive mother called the Separatist officer a Republic one. This is either a plot detail or shows a complete lack of care for the lore. If it doesn't prove to be a plot point, it is a terrible sign for how the season might progress if there is that level of not giving a .

erasure fan1

Andor has always been a bad character and it's bizarre they chose him for the lead of a new series. Both this series and Rogue One open with him killing in cold blood, yet I'm supposed to root for this guy? He has no charm and offers nothing for the audiences to latch on or relate to. He sucks.
You aren't really supposed to like him until the last act of rogue one. He even says that he's done unspeakable things all in the name of the rebellion. I think he's a really good character. That said I did scratch my head when they chose him to lead a show when you have a lot of other stories you could tell. I love rogue one, but we all knew how it was going to end. And now they decided to do a show about a character we already know what happens. Again. It's a strange choice.

As far as the show goes. Wow the first 2 episodes were rough to get through. The 3rd started slow but got more interesting about half way. So hopefully from her out it stays interesting.

WDWmazprty

Finished the 3rd episode tonight and I think it'll start to gain traction. Yeah, a slow start, but I think it's just giving a backstory for him and letting us know the things he's done. His story I think is all about coming back from your mistakes, redemption, etc...
Not the greatest of the D+ Star Wars shows but it's fine. I'll keep watching.

And now they decided to do a show about a character we already know what happens. Again. It's a strange choice.
But hasn't that always been the case with these SW series?
Kenobi
Boba
And considering Mando nor Grogu are neither seen nor mentioned anywhere in the sequel trilogy, it's probable they don't make it that far.

erasure fan1

But hasn't that always been the case with these SW series?
Kenobi
Boba
And considering Mando nor Grogu are neither seen nor mentioned anywhere in the sequel trilogy, it's probable they don't make it that far.
Yea. And I don't mind them doing it. It can be fun content to explore. It really just kind of shows you the state of their creativity. I would have liked to move into a new era by this point. They chose Andor because overall, Rogue one is the one Disney star wars movie most universally liked. The plan was sequels, with these type of stories in-between. So you had a balance of new and familiar. Unfortunately, now they're gun shy so we won't be getting new for a long time most likely.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't get why "Andor" didn't have subtitles for the flashbacks.
I would guess to keep it a mystery for a while of why there's a tribe of mostly children. Is this just a primitive society of scavengers?

The big reveal is that they're the abandoned mess of a ecological industrial accident. It reinforces the inhumanity of the empire and the depth of resolve of those whose lives were destroyed to take the empire down.

It then sets up the backstory of Andor who was traumatized by the empire and is still a scavenger but who still cares about his sister, which puts him on the empire's and rebellion's radar.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Solid and enjoyable so far. Probably second fave after Mando at this point - we'll see how it continues. I liked Obi-Wan but it was a bit fluff and fan service. I like the tone of this better. Plus, they had me at Stellan Skarsgard. Always brilliant.

Since I gave up quickly on Boba Fett, the Star Wars shows are going to have to win me over individually at this point. So far, this one has. But then, Rogue One is arguably my second favorite Star Wars film after the original Star Wars.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom