SPOILERS: Indiana Jones 5 (Jun 30, 2023)

erasure fan1

You are definitely the person that Mangold was tweeting about. It is healthy to remove the tinfoil hat from your head at least once a day.
So because I think there's a chance this isn't great, I need to take off the tinfoil hat? You did see the last Indy movie right? It wasn't great and a lot of people hated it. You know, it's ok to lay off the hardcore pixie dust you constantly snort and admit you're an addict. See I can do it too!

Prince-1

So because I think there's a chance this isn't great, I need to take off the tinfoil hat? You did see the last Indy movie right? It wasn't great and a lot of people hated it. You know, it's ok to lay off the hardcore pixie dust you constantly snort and admit you're an addict. See I can do it too!

Indy 4 sucked. Total garbage with very little redeeming qualities.

Now with that being said, the director of Indy 5 has emphatically said that Indy is not being wiped out by some time travel nonsense and dispelled other silly rumors as well but you still hold onto whatever tin foil hat conspiracy you have made up. And as for the trailer, this is what people call a teaser. It just shows you a little bit of what is going to be seen in the movie and it really has nothing to do with the plot. It is to get people excited that Indy is back. But maybe you should email Mangold and see if he can create a trailer that is more to your liking.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I like Andor a lot, but I don't think it has the widespread appeal you think it does either. Andor was originally planned as 5 seasons. So if it really hit the broad appeal I would think they would have expanded it back out. Sure it just ended so maybe that will still happen. But I think Disney has that data so we would have heard something.

I'll leave it at this. I'm looking forward to Indy 5 and I'm hoping it's everything it should be. Do I think it could go sideways? Of course I do, it is Disney and lucasfilm we are talking about. Can they replace Indy with a female, or recast or continue with his son? Of course they can, and it could be good. I just don't trust the people in charge to do it right.
You can believe what you’d like about Andor, but it’s clear based on the ratings the numbers are there. The same can’t be said about Young Indy, and I say that as someone who watched every episode when broadcast and liked them.

Maybe a new Young Indy series will work and have viewers this time, maybe it won’t. But based on history I’m more inclined to believe it won’t. One thing is for sure that if Disney sees a market for it they will produce a series for it. So the fact they aren’t green lighting something right away should indicate they don’t see a market for it yet. We’ll see what they do after Indy 5.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I thought the first Captain Carter episode of “What If” showed that an animated Indy series could not only work, but pack a punch.
I’d be down for that, could be a way to keep Ford in the role without having to be physical at 80 years old. And then have the live action go off with other characters like Helena.

MickeyMouse10

Chris Pratt can't be everyone.
I stopped watching the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles because it felt more like a history lesson than Indy. I've watched it recently. It would probably be a hit on Disney+ since it is about as slow paced as Andor.

I preferred Tales of the Gold Monkey. That show had adventure and was silly just like Tail Spin.

I don't think the series worked because it felt like a low budget stunt show. It seemed to have no connection to the Indy we know and love. Plus it felt too soon to move away from Harrison Ford who just played the role 3 years earlier.

erasure fan1

Indy 4 sucked. Total garbage with very little redeeming qualities.

Now with that being said, the director of Indy 5 has emphatically said that Indy is not being wiped out by some time travel nonsense and dispelled other silly rumors as well but you still hold onto whatever tin foil hat conspiracy you have made up. And as for the trailer, this is what people call a teaser. It just shows you a little bit of what is going to be seen in the movie and it really has nothing to do with the plot. It is to get people excited that Indy is back. But maybe you should email Mangold and see if he can create a trailer that is more to your liking.
Lol, you're funny. I don't know why you keep saying I'm the conspiracy guy. All I said was all signs point to time travel, and a female was taking up the mantle. Neither of them were wiped out emphatically. Both are squarely in play. All he said was that they weren't replacing Indy by wiping him out of the timeline. And I have said, I don't subscribe to that anyway. But hey, you do you!

CaptinEO

So much CGI. It's like no one does stuntwork anymore these days. CG Indy on a CG horse in a CG set.

What's the point? It may as well be an animated movie.

The original has an actor jumping from horses to tanks to cars. I understand 80 year old Ford isn't going to do that, but I'd rather see him do age appropriate stunts than them mocapping some random person and badly digitizing their face to look like Ford.

Ag11gani

So much CGI. It's like no one does stuntwork anymore these days. CG Indy on a CG horse in a CG set.

The original has an actor jumping from horses to tanks to cars. I understand 80 year old Ford isn't going to do that, but I'd rather see him do age appropriate stunts than them mocapping some random person and badly digitizing their face to look like Ford.
It’s a real person on a real horse on a mostly real location (only the skyline and the face isn’t real).

MickeyMouse10

The horse scene looks terrible, one of the worst I've everrrrr seen. Why can't they just use computer effects when it's necessary? It doesn't look right man, you're totally taking me out of the movie.

Disney directors are always like "Just add that in later" to the Effects Department. Then if their movie sucks they end up blaming the overworked effects people. Like the adult child Taika Watitti did for Lady Thor: Love and Blunder.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster

"In the course of rehearsing for a fight scene, Harrison Ford sustained an injury involving his shoulder,"

CaptinEO

It’s a real person on a real horse on a mostly real location (only the skyline and the face isn’t real).

Ok you got me, the horse is real, a person is riding it, but because they need to CG eminem to turn him into Harrison ford and CG the background it just looks fake to me.

_caleb

I’ve always appreciated the series’ use of practical effects and stunts. I think it would be really great if they’d intentionally limited this movie’s budget to like $50M. Raiders had like a $20M budget, and I think that tighter budget actually helped push some of the creativity of earlier installments.

Prince-1

I’ve always appreciated the series’ use of practical effects and stunts. I think it would be really great if they’d intentionally limited this movie’s budget to like $50M. Raiders had like a $20M budget, and I think that tighter budget actually helped push some of the creativity of earlier installments.

Raiders was made in 1981. There is no way they could make a new Indy film today for anything close to $50 million. But yes I agree with you that the original movies had a great mix of practical effects and special effects.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom