SPOILERS: Indiana Jones 5 (Jun 30, 2023)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Cover your heart, Indy! Cover your heart!

You betrayed Shiva!

That belongs in a museum.

Top men.

1669087529704.png

Last edited:

TalkingHead

Cover your heart, Indy! Cover your heart!

You betrayed Shiva!

That belongs in a museum.

Top men.

View attachment 680083

Have to admit it’s a clever idea for 1969, although not sure it works for this franchise. Mostly skeptical how they’ll handle a villain who’s “inspired by” a real historical figure. Sounds a bit like an inversion of Inglourious Basterds’ revisionism but without the historical fantasy wish-fulfillment. Have yet to hear a compelling reason why this film was made.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
LOL, how is it flashbacks if Phoebe Waller Bridge is with Old Indy during the Roman Empire?
How do you know for a fact that this leaked image that you saw was really set during the Roman Empire?

The point is that it could be a flash back (which it appears to be the case based on the article where de-aging is confirmed being used for scenes in the past), or there could be a "time" component such as "pockets of time" but not really time travel.

So personally I would kind of dig an Indy "Time Travel" movie, I just don't think that this is going to be it. Now obviously I could be wrong, but a lot of times "leakers" get things wrong too.

CaptainMickey

Posting Doomcook videos should be a bannable offense.

He's been selling that KK is about to be fired since before TFA came out.

How's that for his inside sources?

He lies. Blatantly.
So you don't think there is any truth to the rumor of Indiana Jones 5 where Old Indy and Helena go back in time and young Indy saves her but dies in the process, erasing his existence from history? Then she takes his hat and replaces Indiana Jones from 1933 on. And that this movie sets up Phoebe Waller to be Indiana Jones in a new Disney+ show.

I'm glad to hear you say it's false, because that sounds awful!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
So you don't think there is any truth to the rumor of Indiana Jones 5 where Old Indy and Helena go back in time and young Indy saves her but dies in the process, erasing his existence from history? Then she takes his hat and replaces Indiana Jones from 1933 on. And that this movie sets up Phoebe Waller to be Indiana Jones in a new Disney+ show.

I think movies have many test screenings all through out production with all different sorts of things filmed including with different plots or endings. Just because xyz lowly paid intern saw an awful test screening at one point during production and posts about it doesn't mean that will be the final result. This has been true for many decades long before the internet was invented. This is why you can't believe every rumor posted by anonymous posters or Youtuber on the internet.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

It could be true. But rest assured, it isn't Doomcook's scoop. He's repeating some rumor and riffing on it to stir up his nerdrage fanboys to get their clicks and YouTube revenue.

If that rumor is out there, true or not, you can find its real source on the internet to judge how reliable it is and to hear it without Doomcook's nonsense attached to it.

MickeyMouse10

How do you know for a fact that this leaked image that you saw was really set during the Roman Empire?

The point is that it could be a flash back (which it appears to be the case based on the article where de-aging is confirmed being used for scenes in the past), or there could be a "time" component such as "pockets of time" but not really time travel.

So personally I would kind of dig an Indy "Time Travel" movie, I just don't think that this is going to be it. Now obviously I could be wrong, but a lot of times "leakers" get things wrong too.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It had Roman soldiers in the photos, that's how I knew. So unless Indy is a vampire or some other creature that lives for a long time... he time traveled.

GimpYancIent

There is one Indy quote that rings true - "I don't know I am making it up as I go". I have enjoyed all the Indy movies and look forward to seeing this one. Different is a good description.

MickeyMouse10

The first pic is kinda weird.

The doll looks like an elderly man who went to get a late night snack. But he fell down and pulled the fridge down with him. .... And now he's stuck on the floor and can't get up. But he's trying to play it off and look sexy at the same time.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Is Indy in any of the pictures of Romans? If yes, time travel.

If no... then possible time travel, or, a flashback to set up the current Maguffin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom