SPOILERS: Falcons & the Winter Soldier Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

gerarar

Premium Member
The entire episode felt so much like a theatrical movie from start to end. Can’t believe it was about an hour! The fight scenes, dialogue, etc. were all so good.

I did like the subtle moment when Walker realizes that he’s not “capable” enough after his defeat against the Doras; especially his line of that they weren’t even Super Soldiers.
Simply put any decorated good soldier into the world of the unknowns — aliens, robots, super strength beings, etc. and you’ll find him/her overwhelmed and put under immense pressure that they just eventually....snap.

Also Lamar’s death was expected, but man that was just brutal.

Timmay

I'm also going to edit this post to bring attention to this fantastic breakdown on John Walker's uniform, how it differs from the traditional Cap uniform, and how it foreshadows his turn to a villain.

Walker’s Cap uniform in the show is based off his uniform in the comics. Except for some minor changes, they are the same.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Did I just watch 45 minutes of the looped video of Zemo dancing? Yes, yes I did. :D (Stopping now to make dinner.)

1618188023205.png

Darkprime

Super excited for Episode 5 and seeing the big cameo. Because of Wakanda and the Dora Milaje showing up I'm wondering if the rumored cameo might be Black Panther Chadwick Boseman himself? It wouldn't surprise me. The show was filmed in 2019/2020. Black Panther 2 was still a long ways off at that point maybe Marvel felt they should have a Black Panther cameo to keep the audience invested in the character.

NateD1226

Super excited for Episode 5 and seeing the big cameo. Because of Wakanda and the Dora Milaje showing up I'm wondering if the rumored cameo might be Black Panther Chadwick Boseman himself? It wouldn't surprise me. The show was filmed in 2019/2020. Black Panther 2 was still a long ways off at that point maybe Marvel felt they should have a Black Panther cameo to keep the audience invested in the character.
I would've loved to seen that too, but sadly it's not. /Film reported that it is someone we have never seen in the MCU and, for now, it's a one-time appearance. This person is also a big award-winning actor/actress. Multiple other scoopers/reporters have backed up these claims as well. A comment was made (separate from the /Film report) that it's a female actress with blonde hair, but I don't know if that is reliable at all.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I would've loved to seen that too, but sadly it's not. /Film reported that it is someone we have never seen in the MCU and, for now, it's a one-time appearance. This person is also a big award-winning actor/actress. Multiple other scoopers/reporters have backed up these claims as well. A comment was made (separate from the /Film report) that it's a female actress with blonde hair, but I don't know if that is reliable at all.

Made me start thinking Tilda but she's MCU and the Ancient One is hardly 'grounded'. Hope it's NOT Pepper Potts. lol They won't likely cross franchises and bring Gwen Stacy over, I don't think (multiverse makes anything possible!).

Ignoring the blonde description and going with the feeling that it should be a Black character, it would be amazing if it was Halle Berry's Storm, but again not a grounded character. Wondering if it is a mutant character though based on previous descriptions of difficult to get the right to use. Though that would be hard to make 'grounded'.

Going back to the theoretical award-winning blonde actress, what character could Meryl Streep or Glenn Close be playing? :)

Though again, skipping the blonde actress description and going with award-winning, maybe Denzel will play Falcon's dad? :D

Still really hoping by some miracle it is the previously speculated Netflix character. That would be so perfect for this series.

LSLS

Gotta say I didn't like this episode. It jumped around so much, I didn't like how the shots looked (all the in and out and spinning around characters, random zooming on objects, etc.), and it just didn't feel like it ended on a big moment. This is the first marvel episode where I'm not counting the days til the next episode.

seascape

This has to be one of the most realistic shows Marvel ever created. What do you think would happen in all of a sudden the population doubled over night but that society had only enough production to feed, clothes and house the existing population. I love the story but wish they would have emphasized the backstory more but I love the story and can't wait to see how it ends but it should not be pretty. To those who think the world would be happy when everyone came back and there wouldn't be major problems, starvation and deaths due to lack of heating and air conditioning, they live in a dream world. These problems were the reason Thanos snapped half the population away. He was not completely evil or wrong.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I can't believe none of us guessed Madame Hydra when Hydra has been hinted at from the beginning! (Nobody was gonna guess that casting though!)

The Isaiah/Sam scene had me absolutely in tears throughout - it was just heartbreaking.

"I'm Bucky." *grins* Yes. Yes, you are. :D

"But don't flirt with my sister. Because if you do I'll have Carlos cut you up and feed you to the fish." 🤣

Sam again in role of counselor, this time to Bucky. Loved that scene.

"But what would be the point of all the pain and sacrifice, if I wasn't willing to stand up and keep fighting?" THERE was the line of the series. 😍

Training montage!

Sam and his nephews & the nephews with the shield! ♥️ (And how did I not notice previously that he is literally "Uncle Sam"?!)

Again with the 'it was Sharon all along' - so not gonna be happy with this when the rest is so beautifully plotted out and not hitting us over the head with it. Really hoping it's a fake-out. It would be cool though if Power Broker was Madame Hydra and Sharon is now working for Hydra after all this time on the run. I'd be super okay with that!

Glad to see the Doras retake Zemo and Bucky have a moment of closure with him, too. Zemo HAS to return. Preferably in another season of this series! 💜

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom