SPOILERS: Falcons & the Winter Soldier Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
If WandaVision was the strange and kooky entry into Phase 4
Originally, it wasn't going to be. But COVID caused a shuffling for WV to precede FatWS.

Imagine the consequences of the blip laid out in FatWS being addressed first giving heft to its consequences for Monica, Haywood, et al. in WV.

DCLcruiser

Originally, it wasn't going to be. But COVID caused a shuffling for WV to precede FatWS.

Imagine the consequences of the blip laid out in FatWS being addressed first giving heft to its consequences for Monica, Haywood, et al. in WV.
That's true. I don't recall any mention of the GRC in WV. Then again, Monica worked for the Military/Gov't, so she probably just went back to work vs. being homeless/jobless.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

While I will agree that this show doesn't lend itself to tons of background speculation. I think there is a lot more going on as to why we aren't seeing the buzz. The show is half over and do we really know who the villain is? No, not really. That is pretty mystery box.

I don't agree that people here don't like straight forward shows. Captain America Winter soldier is still referenced as one of the gold standards in the MCU. It is always on tons of peoples number one list. And that is the most straight forward movie in the MCU.

Personally I think your statement about people being mad because their Wandavision theories is kind of true. But mad isn't the right word. I think because of the way Wandavision ended, people aren't expecting this to have big ramifications in the MCU. So as they say, fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. People might just be waiting to see how it all plays out. I still think this show needs a holy poop ending otherwise it will be viewed as good/average not great. Heck, maybe people are waiting until the shows done so they can just binge it all at once. And that is why the chatter isn't as high.
Fair enough. You have some good points.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
people are upset their stupid wanadavision theories did not come true and are mad at marvel plus this show is straight forward with a good show runner who does not play games with their audience and knows their audience. People love that stupid Lost/Wandavision mystery box crap where they try to solve stupid mysteries that just like Lost had no payoff or point. the people here don't like straightforward shows they can't make endless guesses about or post videos showing how we missed all these little background clues.
I completely disagree. The MCU has been full of different types of stories based on different genres since the beginning, so there is something for everyone. Some may be less enthusiastic about a particular story line because its not in the genre they prefer, but they still like the MCU as a whole. Falcon/Solider falls under the same trope as Capt/Winter Solider, its a spy/buddy show. That in itself doesn't lend to the same mystery/fantastical as WandaVision and Dr Strange. Myself I like them all, so I'll watch them all.

Also this is the MCU there will always be some background clues. And when there are background clues you'll have someone always trying to decipher them. And I don't see very many people actually getting mad over this show or how WandaVision didn't make their theories come true. And on that, just because a theory hasn't been made true YET doesn't mean it won't in the future. Marvel has a tendency to hide things in plain sight that payoff later.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

And if he and other Netflix characters start showing up, then what you going to say?
Fair question allow me to answer. If Charlie shows up as Matt Murdock as rumored it is just a tongue and cheeck cameo and he will not be playing the same version of Dare Devil that he played in the Netflix show. Just like how JK Simmons is not playing the same version of J.J.J. Jameson from the Rami Spider-Man films in Far From Home. Same thing will happen there. Kevin Feige hates the netflix shows hence why they really dis not tie into the greater MCU. You will not see the same versions of netflix versions of the characters ever again.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I completely disagree. The MCU has been full of different types of stories based on different genres since the beginning, so there is something for everyone. Some may be less enthusiastic about a particular story line because its not in the genre they prefer, but they still like the MCU as a whole. Falcon/Solider falls under the same trope as Capt/Winter Solider, its a spy/buddy show. That in itself doesn't lend to the same mystery/fantastical as WandaVision and Dr Strange. Myself I like them all, so I'll watch them all.

Also this is the MCU there will always be some background clues. And when there are background clues you'll have someone always trying to decipher them. And I don't see very many people actually getting mad over this show or how WandaVision didn't make their theories come true. And on that, just because a theory hasn't been made true YET doesn't mean it won't in the future. Marvel has a tendency to hide things in plain sight that payoff later.
I disagree hence why this thread has so little posts. Nothing to specalate endlessly with this show.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Fair question allow me to answer. If Charlie *** shows up as Matt Murdock as rumored it is just a tongue and cheeck cameo and he will not be playing the same version of Dare Devil that he played in the Netflix show. Just like how JK Simmons is not playing the same version of J.J.J. Jameson from the Rami Spider-Man films in Far From Home. Same thing will happen there. Kevin Feige hates the netflix shows hence why they really dis not tie into the greater MCU. You will not see the same versions of netflix versions of the characters ever again.
Hate is a strong word. I don't think I've EVER heard Feige stating he hates the Netflix shows.

Anyways my opinion is that if he shows up to play that character it'll be more than tongue-in-cheek. And I think you made the perfect reasoning behind it, it'll be a multiverse version just like Simmons from Spider-Man. Either way it'll be the same actor which fans will eat up and Feige knows this. And who knows it might actually be the same version, I wouldn't put it past Feige to do just that to stick it to Netflix now that the rights are reverted back.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I disagree hence why this thread has so little posts. Nothing to specalate endlessly with this show.
You do know there are more MCU fans than just on this board right? Just because this thread doesn't have many posts doesn't mean there aren't many MCU fans speculating. The fact there are videos out there makes this statement false.

I've heard everything from speculation of Mutants showing up (given the location just visited in Ep3) to Sharon Carter being the Power Broker and behind the GRC pulling Walker's strings.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
First I thought there could be nothing better than Tom Hiddleston dancing. To anything.

Then I thought there could be nothing better than Tom Holland doing his Lip Synch Battle.

And now... Daniel Bruhl conquers.

🙇‍♂️

#wearenotworthy #iamamarvelactordancenerd

When the time comes, I better be seeing Doctor Doom popping and locking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom