SPOILERS: Falcons & the Winter Soldier Discussion / Reactions to Most Recent Episodes

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
If you haven't seen the most recent episode, then look away from this thread!!

There is no need to put spoiler tags on whatever has been publicly released in ads or in the most recent episode.

However, *leaks* should definitely be in spoiler tags, if not their own thread. Thanks!

1616218958479.png

DCLcruiser

I thought Ep.1 was great. It was filmed like a real movie, not made-for-tv.

That new Cap is pretty weird looking. Like the old guy from UP!

I watched some Easter Egg YT and there's even more going on than I realized!

RobUK

I really liked it. Having not read the comics I find the videos, such as posted above, so useful.

Having tried to not read too much beforehand I was pleased it looks like it’ll be some sort of spy/conspiracy theme, which I liked.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I thought Ep.1 was great. It was filmed like a real movie, not made-for-tv.

That new Cap is pretty weird looking. Like the old guy from UP!

I watched some Easter Egg YT and there's even more going on than I realized!

Videos like this are dumb and pointless and click bait and offer no insight. just like they did not during wanda vision.

erasure fan1

Videos like this are dumb and pointless and click bait and offer no insight. just like they did not during wanda vision.
Some of them are for sure. But some, like emergency awesome, give some good background into the comics. Are there 89 true easter eggs in the first episode? No, it is a typical click baitish headline like most of youtube or online media has. But the content is not bad.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Good interview with Anthony Mackie starting at 18:35...

He's a fan of the Candlelight Procession!

MarvelCharacterNerd

For the people making fun of Wyatt's (granted, less than appealing) image in that shot, his face is really scrunched under that mask and he's not only quite adorable underneath it, he's a dead ringer for his dad. :)

1616464791710.png

1616464657474.png

I do feel bad that that's the pic that's currently representing this otherwise attractive-looking guy.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

For the people making fun of Wyatt's (granted, less than appealing) image in that shot, his face is really scrunched under that mask and he's not only quite adorable underneath it, he's a dead ringer for his dad. :)

View attachment 541640

View attachment 541639

I do feel bad that that's the pic that's currently representing this otherwise attractive-looking guy.
I wouldn't say dead ringer. I can see his dad in his face but its not a younger Kurt Russell.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I love this show. Along with the Sam/Bucky delightfulness - which I could watch all day long - it falls into one of my two fave MCU storylines (Cap's world - my other fave is Asgard), so yeah, I'm loving this about 1000% more than WandaVision, which was charming and a good palate-cleanser after both the pandemic state of the world and Endgame. But yeah, this is way more my jam.

I read a really good breakdown of the end credits easter eggs:

so hearing a reference to Power Broker confirmed what was already shown there. But along with that, we got a glimpse of Zemo and a scene with Isaiah Bradley (the always magnificent Carl Lumbly 😍).

Erin Kellyman's Karli was cool too - I hope her character survives all this. She was one of very few memorable people in Solo. I'm just captivated watching her onscreen.

It had to be pointed out to me in another article I read, but Bucky's shrink was Felicity's shrink. And I'm sure that casting was on purpose. But I loved her then and still love her now.

And very happy to see John Walker get some good scenes. I like that we got to see his idealism and the best of him as it looks like yeah, that's already breaking down under the weight of the shield. (See: face stubble - always a bad sign lol - unless you're Sebastian Stan in which case it's perfect. lol)

Oh, and forgot to mention after last ep how much I like Joaquin Torres and looking forward to seeing how his storyline plays out onscreen.

We'd already seen teases of the 'big three' scene and the team shrink scene, but the latter in particular was terrific as the actors (especially SS) had to go from buddy comedy to revelatory shame and sorrow without missing a beat. Hilarious and beautiful.

I'm also really enjoying how relevant the show is, touching on social themes and issues in each episode in a way that fits the story and characters and makes a statement.

Just loving this show. Can't wait for next week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom