SPOILERS! Discussion/reaction thread for Loki streaming Marvel series on Disney+ - new episodes begin June 9th!

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
(I'm early - I know - but I can't wait for the show to start streaming! đź’š)

This is the SPOILERS thread for once the Loki streaming series begins to air on Wednesdays on Disney+ beginning June 9th!.

The general non-spoiler series thread can be found here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/loki-the-disney-streaming-marvel-mcu-series.971214

This thread will contain SPOILER reaction/discussion of episodes once they have aired. There is no need to use spoiler tags here for anything that has already aired.

Thank you and may the God of Mischief guide you madly and merrily through the multiverse!

1620870534162.png

DCLcruiser

Considering there are two Lokis on the poster, I wonder if the show has both timeline versions in it. Alternate timeline Loki is in brown, while End Game Loki is doing his evil thing in the prime timeline.

khlaylav

Considering there are two Lokis on the poster, I wonder if the show has both timeline versions in it. Alternate timeline Loki is in brown, while End Game Loki is doing his evil thing in the prime timeline.
AFAIK, Endgame and alternate timeline Loki are the same. So the one we see noping out in Endgame is the alternate timeline one who's the "hero" of the show.

Doesn't remove the larger point about there being multiple Lokis, though. A timeline where Loki won would definitely seem to be in the cards, and I don't think anyone will be surprised if there's Lady Loki who's all over the comics.

DCLcruiser

AFAIK, Endgame and alternate timeline Loki are the same. So the one we see noping out in Endgame is the alternate timeline one who's the "hero" of the show.

Doesn't remove the larger point about there being multiple Lokis, though. A timeline where Loki won would definitely seem to be in the cards, and I don't think anyone will be surprised if there's Lady Loki who's all over the comics.

Alternate Loki never dies in Infinity War since he wasn't around, and has been causing havoc since 2012. So we don't know what his new timeline is like.

I like to use this to follow it all:

wd6nigi195v21.png

Last edited:

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
Bumping this thread as a reminder that this is where you can post your SPOILER reactions to the first episode (airing in a few hours!!!!).

You do NOT need to use spoiler tags here for anything that has already aired, nor for speculation about what you think MIGHT happen based on the already aired episode!

See ya real soon! đź’š

Screamface

Having seen what transpired. Having being told he will never win, he just makes others great. Having him reconciling his failings. Will this ultimately end up with him returning to the timeline. Saving his mother and saving Asgard. Gaining redemption and being alive?

Possibly ending the whole TVA. Hence how the next Spiderman film is the multiverse. Which seems to contradict the premise of this series.

Also, I bet we get a Hemsworth cameo filmed as part of the Love and Thunder production. Is that why this was delayed?

Phicinfan

okay just saw it and WOW!

This was very, very well done. It did drag a bit in the beginning, but when Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston were together they played off each other extremely well.

So we now know the mission - somehow Loki is a multi-variant and at least one of those variants are killing off TVA agents. However, it is not clear if that said variant is continuing to deteriorate the timeline, I have to assume he is.

Amazing Loki's transformation after seeing his future, makes one wonder how you would react yourself if you knew your own end. Also amazing they clearly show the grief here of loss of Odin and his mother. Loki is..."human?"

Really looking forward to see how this "team" of Wilson and Hiddleston move forward.

My only "concern" issue is belittling the infinity stones here. You spend 10 years driving to how important the infinity stones are, how potent they are - to just show them in a drawer here? This better have a HUGE payoff for that.

LSLS

okay just saw it and WOW!

This was very, very well done. It did drag a bit in the beginning, but when Owen Wilson and Tom Hiddleston were together they played off each other extremely well.

So we now know the mission - somehow Loki is a multi-variant and at least one of those variants are killing off TVA agents. However, it is not clear if that said variant is continuing to deteriorate the timeline, I have to assume he is.

Amazing Loki's transformation after seeing his future, makes one wonder how you would react yourself if you knew your own end. Also amazing they clearly show the grief here of loss of Odin and his mother. Loki is..."human?"

Really looking forward to see how this "team" of Wilson and Hiddleston move forward.

My only "concern" issue is belittling the infinity stones here. You spend 10 years driving to how important the infinity stones are, how potent they are - to just show them in a drawer here? This better have a HUGE payoff for that.

See I actually thought that was cool. Infinity stones are the elements of the begining of the universe. The TVA is established as outside of the known universe, so it makes sense to me they would have no power there.

NateD1226

I really loved this episode. Yes, it was a bit slow, but I think it set up the show really well which I think the other 2 shows struggled with (Although, WandaVision was just throwing you in there lol). The cast is PHENOMENAL. Everyone is just so good in their roles. The TVA looked very cool and I really hope we get to explore it more throughout the next few episodes. Overall, this is a great start!!

Phicinfan

See I actually thought that was cool. Infinity stones are the elements of the begining of the universe. The TVA is established as outside of the known universe, so it makes sense to me they would have no power there.
Okay I don't disagree at all with you here, that being said, if you are going to nerf the MAJOR thingy of the previous 10 years, there better be something AWESOME to do it with... Just saying its a bit of a risk.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
So an hour of glorious Loki/Hiddles - I don't need much more than that. :) đź’š

Thoroughly enjoyable, fun setup, bit easy to rush his re-redemption (hey, by the way, your mom died - your fault, your dad died, you disappointed your brother and then you died, ok byeeee) - and still think they made this Loki a bit too self-aware at this point - but they needed somewhat-better Loki to hunt bad Loki. Okay. The interesting part is... who is bad Loki?

CASTING SPECULATION AHEAD!

Lady Loki (presumably Sophia?)? Old Loki (presumably REG?)? Other? Looking forward to finding out.

CASTING SPECULATION BEHIND!

But definitely think whoever crafted this show loved "Office Space". lol I guarantee there's a red Swingline stapler on that set somewhere.

It was fun to watch Owen Wilson and go 'that was an ad-lib' and 'that was an ad-lib' and...

Waiting for more Gugu - you don't cast someone as terrific as she is and leave her behind a desk. I did like the flirty chemistry with her character and Mobius though.

Loved the guy who didn't know what a fish was. Scene stealer. Want to see him again. And definitely want more of Wunmi's character. She reminds me of Topaz who I adore.

This show is why I bought into Disney+ for the initial 3 years. Glad I did, because it gave me Mando and Falcon & Winter Soldier along the way which I loved and other shows like WandaVision, Imagineering Story and Prop Culture which I quite enjoyed, too. :)

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
Oh, damn, I just watched the credits closely. There may be a spoiler in the credits, damn it. I can't believe they'd allow it though. :/

I'm gonna put the spoiler in spoiler tags however as technically though it's aired it's a spoiler for future episodes.

The cast credits include:

Variant Double - Sarah Irwin

So the variant is female and therefore Sophia Di Martino is in all likelihood Lady Loki and the villain

waltography

I'm hooked. This feels like the best of both worlds between WandaVision and FatWS; it straddles the line well between kooky off-beaten path and traditional Marvel fare, and I'm already excited to see what's happening.

I'm obsessed with the 1950s/Swiss design/Saul Bass/Paul Rand-esque design going on with the TVA. Absolutely gorgeous and I hope Disney releases more TVA merchandise ASAP.

Oh, damn, I just watched the credits closely. There may be a spoiler in the credits, damn it. I can't believe they'd allow it though. :/

I'm gonna put the spoiler in spoiler tags however as technically though it's aired it's a spoiler for future episodes.

The cast credits include:

Variant Double - Sarah Irwin

So the variant is female and therefore Sophia Di Martino is in all likelihood Lady Loki and the villain
I thought as much; I saw a TikTok from a media event where they screened the first two episodes and mentioned that spoiler as a major player come Episode 2.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Enjoyed it just like the other MCU D+ shows. Slow start again, but seems to be par for the course now.

The Loki Variants, Lady Loki and Kid Loki? Multiverse? If so is the TVA lying about their mission to protecting the timeline? Is the TVA really the bad guys here? Is this another lead into Doctor Strange 2?

MarvelCharacterNerd

Original Poster
I'm obsessed with the 1950s/Swiss design/Saul Bass/Paul Rand-esque design going on with the TVA. Absolutely gorgeous and I hope Disney releases more TVA merchandise ASAP.
1950's and 1960's - I definitely got "The Prisoner" vibes from the set decoration, along with the aforementioned "Office Space" nods. Plus 1970's if you want to lean into the color tones with the brown and orange.

gerarar

Premium Member
Love ep1. This is probably my favorite start out of the 3 shows so far.

If anyone watch Agents of Shield, obviously Coulson isn't "dead" (well even that is debatable after s7). So with Coulson being confirmed as "dead dead" in Loki when they did Loki's dead people segment/review, did Marvel just decanonize AoS? If so, that's sad. This would've been the perfect show to officially canon AoS and maybe have a cameo or two.

waltography

Love ep1. This is probably my favorite start out of the 3 shows so far.

If anyone watch Agents of Shield, obviously Coulson isn't "dead" (well even that is debatable after s7). So with Coulson being confirmed as "dead dead" in Loki when they did Loki's dead people segment/review, did Marvel just decanonize AoS? If so, that's sad. This would've been the perfect show to officially canon AoS and maybe have a cameo or two.
Not necessarily; if by the end of Loki the TVA is somehow destabilized and multiverses are deregulated even temporarily (how could No Way Home/Multiverse of Madness occur if the TVA is still regulating the Sacred Timeline?), then AoS could exist in one of those variant timelines.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
For those who think this trivializes the Infinity Stones.... welcome to the world of comic books that enter the cosmic realm.

Characters such as Thor (and his orbit) deal with ever higher levels of cosmic entities and powers... even working up to Marvel's version of God. Lower level characters sometimes get a power boost and temporarily enter these realms.

For lowly creatures stuck in the mundane world, the Infinity Stones are too powerful to hold and comprehend, they destroy you.

For gifted individuals, they can carefully use the Infinity Stones if they're cautious (Hulk, Vision).

For higher powered individuals (Titans, those powered up by the Infinity Stones), the Infinity Stones can be wielded carefully for their own purposes.

For even higher powered entities, such as the Celestials, the Infinity Stones are easily channeled.

For beings with cosmic power, the Infinity Stones are easily manipulated.

For multi-versal and multi-dimensional eternal entities with cosmic powers, the Infinity Stones are a play thing.

The universe created the Infinity Stones. For beings that exist outside the universe or live through the death of a previous universe into the current one... if they can control cosmic/universal power, then the Infinity Stones are trivial to them... except when some lower level creature collects them to power up to the cosmic level and upset the balance.

But this power differential is a common theme throughout the comics. You have street level vigilantes saving one person or one neighborhood at a time. Then you have super powered people saving the globe. Then you have cosmic-powered individuals saving galaxies, or the whole universe, or multiple dimensions.

Like Hawkeye might feel about Thor in power differential. Loki, who fashions himself as a god, finds there's a bigger power and level of existence to which he is inconsequential... up to now. How else do you have a struggle that is a challenge for a god?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom