SPLITSVILLE

SSG

Original Poster
It's coming.

Here’s some news I suspect will be right up your alley – Splitsville Luxury Lanes, which has pioneered a fun and inventive new approach to bowling as a social experience for all ages, will roll into the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in late 2017.

The first Splitsville in California will offer a unique combination of dining, bowling and live entertainment with 600 restaurant seats, a large outdoor patio overlooking the Downtown Disney District, two full-service bars and 20 luxury bowling lanes. You’ll want to visit, even if you don’t plan to bowl!

Set to begin construction soon adjacent to Tortilla Jo’s, Splitsville will have a dramatic, mid-century-inspired design. The menu by James Beard Award-winning chef Tim Cushman will include fresh-rolled sushi, gourmet appetizers, hand-cut steaks, and if you can spare it, alley classics like burgers, crinkle-cut fries and hand-tossed pizzas.

There’s always plenty to do and enjoy at the Downtown Disney District and, with Splitsville on its way, there will be even more to bowl you over!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...strict-at-the-disneyland-resort-in-late-2017/

SSG

Original Poster
And the description in the construction permit indicates it will be a big sucker:

Downtown Disney - Bldg C - Pkg 2 - Partial Foundation, primary steel and partial slab on 2nd, 3rd and 4th floor, existing basement to remain for future restaurant/amusement 4 story building. (NEED TO KNOW THE NAME OF BUSINESS TBD)

SSG

Original Poster
The last thing, the very last thing I want to do on my Disney time is to go bowling. I'd rather sit outside at Uva and watch people walk by all day than bowl. I'd rather stand in line in 100 degree heat than bowl. Is it even that popular?
I could see maybe doing this if I were staying at WDW for two weeks. With that long of a stay, a fair amount of people will want to do other things, which is why golf, horses, water sports ect are available. But the SoCal market is so different with shorter stays and so many more locals. This seems like an odd choice.

britain

How many bowling alley's do you need in an area? There's already one at Gardenwalk and another at the Block.

We visited DLR this past Thanksgiving. As my family relaxed at the HoJo, I strolled down to GardenWalk for the first time (hunting for some PF Changs). I always feel sorry for dead malls, but I am glad I didn't have my kids with me at the time. It did not feel safe.

We'll be more than happy to enjoy Splitsville at Downtown Disney.

britain

The last thing, the very last thing I want to do on my Disney time is to go bowling. I'd rather sit outside at Uva and watch people walk by all day than bowl. I'd rather stand in line in 100 degree heat than bowl. Is it even that popular?

This seems like the perfect thing to do on our "arrival" day. We get there too late to make a ticket into the park worth it, so we simply enjoy what Downtown Disney has to offer. Bowling sounds great!

D

Deleted member 107043

I think having a "destination" type of activity rather than a retailer to fill the void left by House of Blues was the right choice. However, bowling, no matter how you dress it up, seems kind of pedestrian to me and not something I'd make a beeline for while on vacation. That said, I expect they'll do a ton of private event business given how popular Anaheim is for large conventions and trade shows.

Californian Elitist

We visited DLR this past Thanksgiving. As my family relaxed at the HoJo, I strolled down to GardenWalk for the first time (hunting for some PF Changs). I always feel sorry for dead malls, but I am glad I didn't have my kids with me at the time. It did not feel safe.

We'll be more than happy to enjoy Splitsville at Downtown Disney.

The GardenWalk is not dangerous.

Ismael Flores

I could see maybe doing this if I were staying at WDW for two weeks. With that long of a stay, a fair amount of people will want to do other things, which is why golf, horses, water sports ect are available. But the SoCal market is so different with shorter stays and so many more locals. This seems like an odd choice.
i think that with Anaheim having such a large convention center the audience for this could very well be some of those out of town guests that might want to enjoy a drink and just have some fun instead of being at the hotel all evening.

Sounds like it adds something for the tourist to do and DTD seems to be more popular than the dead garden walk

SSG

Original Poster
i think that with Anaheim having such a large convention center the audience for this could very well be some of those out of town guests that might want to enjoy a drink and just have some fun instead of being at the hotel all evening.

Sounds like it adds something for the tourist to do and DTD seems to be more popular than the dead garden walk
I’m sure there will be some of that, but there are several places to get a drink in DTD and ESPN has a similar sportsbar type of appeal. I’m sure many people enjoy bowling but I don’t see how this moves the needle very much for DTD.

Curious Constance

It's coming.

Here’s some news I suspect will be right up your alley – Splitsville Luxury Lanes, which has pioneered a fun and inventive new approach to bowling as a social experience for all ages, will roll into the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort in late 2017.

The first Splitsville in California will offer a unique combination of dining, bowling and live entertainment with 600 restaurant seats, a large outdoor patio overlooking the Downtown Disney District, two full-service bars and 20 luxury bowling lanes. You’ll want to visit, even if you don’t plan to bowl!

Set to begin construction soon adjacent to Tortilla Jo’s, Splitsville will have a dramatic, mid-century-inspired design. The menu by James Beard Award-winning chef Tim Cushman will include fresh-rolled sushi, gourmet appetizers, hand-cut steaks, and if you can spare it, alley classics like burgers, crinkle-cut fries and hand-tossed pizzas.

There’s always plenty to do and enjoy at the Downtown Disney District and, with Splitsville on its way, there will be even more to bowl you over!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...strict-at-the-disneyland-resort-in-late-2017/

When I saw the name of this thread, I thought you were announcing that you going to erase all of your posts and leave WDW Magic.

And, no, I won't ever forget this happened and I'll probably never stop bringing it up.

D

Deleted member 107043

I’m sure many people enjoy bowling but I don’t see how this moves the needle very much for DTD.

Certainly not in the same way that a concert venue run by Live Nation would.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom