Splitsville Changes

DisneyDebRob

I’ve been in Splitsville numerous times but never bowled there. It’s a hidden gem that has some really good items on the menu.
Do we know if this is because of Covid? They have a few bars and a big one inside if I remember correctly. How many lanes do they have before removing 4? Sorry for so many questions but just can’t think of why they need another bar. Maybe they are having a hard time filling the lanes .

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
That is a weirdly descriptive description for a permit. I’d assume that the four lanes being taken out would be the four on the bottom floor along the alleyway that leads to the Orange garage.

I was trying to find something that showed the layout of the building. Personally I have never even been in there.

Mike730

That is a weirdly descriptive description for a permit. I’d assume that the four lanes being taken out would be the four on the bottom floor along the alleyway that leads to the Orange garage.
I was thinking the same thing. This actually sounds familiar, like someone mentioned that this was going to happen, but I can't find it on here.

YodaMan

I was at Springs yesterday and noticed changes in this area. Outside Splitsville across from the upcoming donut store they’ve started to remove the concrete and replace it with gravel. Guess it’s related to this project.

Dutch Inn '76

It's a very cool place - but expensive for bowling. I understand that it's WDW, and its expensive there - but... it's bowling. Bowling is cheap and everywhere. I'm not going to pay a premium just to bowl at WDW.

maxairmike

It's a very cool place - but expensive for bowling. I understand that it's WDW, and its expensive there - but... it's bowling. Bowling is cheap and everywhere. I'm not going to pay a premium just to bowl at WDW.

It's actually about the same price as the Splitsville location in downtown Tampa last time I looked at that location's prices, maybe a few dollars more at Springs. It's just the nature of the type of bowling alley it is. Kings, Splitsville, any other similar chain/brands will be more expensive than your local lanes living on life support. Kings is slightly cheaper if you just want a game, maybe two compared to Splitsville (and the approach and lane is full regulation length vs Splitsville's slightly shortened approach), but still, if it's in an "upscale" or touristy area you're paying a similar premium for this type of place no matter what city in the US it is.

EDIT: Just looked up the Tampa location's prices. Not sure when they went to per game pricing as it was hourly like Springs last I seriously looked, but it's comparable pricing to Kings, which is still on par with Springs with a group of 4 or more.

BWW

Bowling isn't cheap where I live. (Dallas area) On average, you can expect to pay $28 - $32 per lane per hour + shoes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom