Splitsville bowling moving into Downtown Disney West Side

DocMcHulk

dda029393SMALL.jpg

DocMcHulk

I assume this will be placed in the old Virgin building? If so really good replacement

Disney Parks Blog:
This fall, construction will begin on Splitsville, a 50,000-square-foot upscale entertainment center that combines bowling with billiards, dining, music and nightlife. To make way for this experience, RIDEMAKERZ, currently located on the West Side, will move to the Marketplace.

Over on Pleasure Island, we’ve completed removing some of the buildings that aren’t part of our future plans. During the course of this site work, we identified opportunities to further refine our master plan and are pausing to evaluate them. What does this mean for you? While we’re moving quickly, it will admittedly cause a delay in construction. But we’re willing to bet that any delay will be worth the wait once we’re able to share details about the exciting work we’ve been doing

TarzanRocked99-

"Over on Pleasure Island, we’ve completed removing some of the buildings that aren’t part of our future plans. During the course of this site work, we identified opportunities to further refine our master plan and are pausing to evaluate them. What does this mean for you? While we’re moving quickly, it will admittedly cause a delay in construction. But we’re willing to bet that any delay will be worth the wait once we’re able to share details about the exciting work we’ve been doing. "

aka - We still have no idea what we are doing

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This looks to be a really good replacement for the Virgin Megastore to make use of that large space. Bowling and everything else this offers is something that I think can work really well at DTD. It is interesting that a similar venue, Dave and Busters, is opening not far away on I4. Should be some good competition there.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
"Over on Pleasure Island, we’ve completed removing some of the buildings that aren’t part of our future plans. During the course of this site work, we identified opportunities to further refine our master plan and are pausing to evaluate them. What does this mean for you? While we’re moving quickly, it will admittedly cause a delay in construction. But we’re willing to bet that any delay will be worth the wait once we’re able to share details about the exciting work we’ve been doing. "

They do know what they are doing, just not ready to announce yet. And as Tom says in that post, it will be worth the delay. Things are moving for the better.

GatorGuy

I agree with you, they are probably regretting ever closing down Pleasure Island.

Splitsville would have made a great replacement for the Virgin Megastore's former location, wasnt a bowling alley supposed to be built at ESPN WWoS??

devoy1701

and how is it?

It's ok for overpriced/overcrowded bowling... A good place for corporate events (have had a few there) but too pricey i think for a family to enjoy something they can do at home. It's a fun atmosphere but they don't have enough lanes in the place (atleast in ours) so the wait is usually 90-120 mins for a lane on weekends. It's also very expensive compared to a normal bowling alley.

I guess this kills that idea of a bowling alley going to WWoS as well?

EDIT: Tiggerific brings up a good point about it being 21+ after 9pm.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Interesting idea. Is it bad that every time I see an announcement of something new I automatically assume it won't get built and will turn into another stalled project?

One thing I noticed on the website is that other Splitsville locations turn to exclusively 21+ after 8pm every day. I wonder if that will hold true for this location as well. If so, I would be very excited. It would be nice to have a place to go to escape children again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom