Splitsville Blog Meet-Up

WDWFigment

I think knowing Mrs. Lee quite well (she calls me her other husband) and seeing pics of your lovely other half, I am quite confident in saying you both married up ... quite a bit ... more than that actually!

I find it hard to believe that anyone can outdork you, let alone your Mrs!:D (we really need more smileys here)

I have a snarky response to this, but you owe me a response on that DLP thread (that you demanded!).

WDW1974

Far be it from me to name names...but his rhymes with Com Torless.

C'mon, he who shall not be named? He was apparently bent out of shape because I have called him Wannabe Lou. Can't he take a joke? And doesn't he really want the money Mongello makes? And the freebies and the access? Lou is the gold standard for whoring with Disney and I would guess no one would dispute that.

WDWFigment

C'mon, he who shall not be named? He was apparently bent out of shape because I have called him Wannabe Lou. Can't he take a joke? And doesn't he really want the money Mongello makes? And the freebies and the access? Lou is the gold standard for whoring with Disney and I would guess no one would dispute that.

If you called me "wannabe Lou" I'd say, "that's high praise." Of course, if you don't watch SNL, it wouldn't be that funny, but I'd still get a chuckle out of it. Until my wife got ed off (she's out to get you, man!)

WDW1974

C'mon...those socks are clearly public personas, and as such are open to criticism.

I could see those socks in some 80s gay (not that I'd know about that!) with two dudes at a gym.

(BTW, I had three other lines and that was the cleanest/safest that I could come up with!)

WDW1974

You should see my wife during a meal with me, '74 and Epcot Explorer. Her eyes glass over and she tunes us out about 2 minutes in.

No, what he should see is DD explaining her view on Disney fanbois (including us!) ... I still recall our little Cheesecake Factory gathering in October of last year when she went off ... such a colorful woman with an amazing ability to describe a situation so accurately.

I miss 'little' EE here ... talk about OCD, the boy had the record for most posts ever here for quite a while. But at least I don't have to argue about Nemo in the Seas.

WDW1974

My wife wanted to meet '74 on Epcot's 30th. At first, she would have bitched him out for the DCA event thing (she's way over-protective), then I fear they would have become best friends about 2 minutes later. I'm sort of glad he didn't say hello to us! ;)

Other people's wives tend to love me (really ... and not simply Lee's!)

I am exactly the same in real life, perhaps, more blunt and colorful ... and way more huggable.

WDWFigment

I am exactly the same in real life, perhaps, more blunt and colorful ... and way more huggable.

Yeah, I guarantee she would be y with you at first, but if you could show any endearing/not crazy qualities, she would end up being great friends with you.

WDW1974

I have a snarky response to this, but you owe me a response on that DLP thread (that you demanded!).

If it wasn't that I have AAA in my driveway installing a new battery, then I wouldn't even be here at all right now!

But I don't want to live on this thread ... it raises interesting points, but there's not much more to be said unless it's from others.

And I don't think Blondie (does that qualify for a personal attack in these ridiculous hypersensitive online forums?) or the Bloggers will be joining us and giving their perspectives!

WDW1974

If you called me "wannabe Lou" I'd say, "that's high praise." Of course, if you don't watch SNL, it wouldn't be that funny, but I'd still get a chuckle out of it. Until my wife got ed off (she's out to get you, man!)

I do watch SNL, but I still can't place the reference ...

And why is the Mrs. out to get me. I sing your praises (both here and in the real world) and say Disney should be hiring you ... she better not be blaming your poor meal at Walt's on me (my meals have always been very good to excellent) ... let her blame Eddie Sotto, he designed the place and doesn't check on it regularly!:D

WDW1974

Ummm...yeah...I'll just have to take your word on that one...

I said it was the safest ... don't want to interrupt The Mom's weekend. Only two weekends left 'til Christmas. Where the hell did 2012 go?

And my battery is done (only $168 later) ... so I'm off.
My next comments on MAGIC will be on Tom's DLP thread, which I encourage everyone to go read and comment on!

Tom

Beta Return

Tried to hug you back in November, but you wouldn't drag your up to the World for a day. Sheesh. But, given what you've been saying, I guess I'm glad my wife didn't get to meet you! :) And she too is the one that keeps ME in the parks longer than I want to be....but it led to my first "Park Closing + 1 hr" experience. That was cool, but definitely didn't break the Bricker record ;)

nibblesandbits

Ah, you're the media? Um ... no. You may work in the field, but that just makes you ... I guess a media professional.

Yes. We all know she works for Len Testa's little empire. I don't know the man. I've heard both good and bad, but clearly he makes a very nice living for himself and 'employs' seemingly countless bloggers who he trains on how to get freebies from the Mouse (interesting when his guide is supposed to be 'unofficial' which to me equates with unbiased and fair). But we (or some folks) were talking about your friend.

Ok...I too got sucked into this...

I haven't been on the forums in a good long time either. Not because I don't care about them or because I think I need to surround myself around people who support me but simply because life got too busy for me to spend time here. It's just how life works.

And I too have a horse in this race, like Tom, being a podcaster and blogger for TP. (Yes...I am one of those so called "countless" bloggers).

I can honestly tell you I have never once been given preferential treatment by Disney at this point. So no...Len Testa hasn't trained me to get any freebies and I am kind of offended you would think that I would.

I also agree with Tom and think they should cap these meet ups to one or two a year to give more the opportunity to take part.

I don't live near the mouse, but when I've been down in FL at the same time as the meet ups, I haven't been able to get in on the fun because the sign ups went so fast. I took think it should more of a lottery system. Where they have people sign up and then draw names out of the people that were able to sign up.

But all this moaning and complaining here isn't doing any one any good. If you really have a complaint, WRITE A HAND WRITTEN LETTER TO DISNEY. Hand written letters are one of the things they take the most serious. Try to get things to change. But I can tell you one thing. Complaining here isn't doing you any good in enacting change.

I hope things do change because I too would like to see more people get to experience what Disney puts on for it's fans. From what I can tell, these events seem really awesome.

JLW11Hi

But all this moaning and complaining here isn't doing any one any good. If you really have a complaint, WRITE A HAND WRITTEN LETTER TO DISNEY. Hand written letters are one of the things they take the most serious. Try to get things to change. But I can tell you one thing. Complaining here isn't doing you any good in enacting change.

Actually, it is, because WDW1974 constantly posts addresses to send your complaints on this subject. He raises awareness, and then gives a way to send out a message to the people in charge.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Far be it from me to name names...but his rhymes with Com Torless.
Same guy that also said:

(Unintentional comedy is one of my favorite things...)

So let's continue the talking about people indirectly. Hey Tom, I have yet to watch one of your videos I can tolerate for more than about 30 seconds.

These people are simply building a clique of personalities that will accept them for what they are.. and continue to lash out at people who won't embrace them. Twitter is simply their 'hangout'. It's like high school, but online so that no one can call them out to their face. Ever take notice of how many people on the Orlando scene of followers have locked accounts on twitter? Srsly? A key sign of people trying to force a square peg in the round hole.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I wasn't thanking you because, frankly, I think your post did more to harm the cause then help it.

Sorry - facts have a tendency to drive their own direction... and don't always necessarily point to where people would like them to. The idea that spying the lists and keep seeing the same names over and over is mathmatically not a huge factor. So is it your impression? Or is it fact? I certainly don't claim to know who actually is there at the end of the day - but your pretense was the attendee lists, not the actual attendance.

I don't need lists and there doesn't have to be stats and a research project.

Because the facts don't support your gut feel?

I see the lists when the Disney Parks Blog releases them and there are always a large segment of bloggers or friends/family/associates that are on these lists.

That's the point. Period.

And why does it surprise you that something out of the Disney online presence - would likely dominated by the very people that obsess about the product and watch the blog religiously?

It's like offering 'Free Pizza!' and wondering why the same people keep showing up. You mean they might actually like pizza?!?!?

Blog events are gonna be desirable for local people who live/breathe Disney.. and who does that more than these kling-ons? Even without any massaging.. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see high profile names there repeatedly - it's what they do! Obsess about Disney constantly.

The more salient point is that Disney should simply limit ALL Blog signups to one event a year (including as a guest), but they don't want to because they want the bloggers there

I don't disagree about them limiting participation. But when we go back to everyone's complaints.. it was more about WHO was there and HOW... rather than simply their crowding people out. This is still something they are 'figuring out' (they are horrible at this compared to other geniue communities..) so I'm sure refinements like this will come in the future. Honestly, if they want these bloggers there, they can just invite them outside the normal RSVP process anyways. They don't advertise the capacity of the events ahead of time, so it's not like we can tell how many non-RSVP people they allot for or allow in at the expense of others. They don't gain anything by allowing these people to attend through some guise of the RSVP process.

jessiepezz

hey guys...i won't lie, i couldn't possibly read every post on this thread...not possible. But I just don't get this. I mean I used to come to this site for info and I know if people rant about certain hateful topics threads got deleted, ended, whatever. Why sit around being so angry about people? I used to wait in line for front row tickets for Rent on Broadway, yes I had to wait in line overnight and that was fun with friends! And so a lot of people didn't get tickets because we got there first. It got changed to a lotto system at random and then we were just done because we knew it would be impossible to get in after that. So ok parkblogs is first come first serve, and you have to be quick to get in. So what? It's free. And you are just using this one idk "first world problem" to hate on people. And yeah I am on the list for Monday. I happened to be on my computer at the right time. I know you aren't about me because I am not a blogger, media professional, or even much of a nerd. But this whole thread is like cyber bullying adult style. I wish I could say this saddens or surprises me, but it just further makes me believe that only 10% of humans are happy and wish to be positive. I am sorry that it is so easy for people to find reasons to be angry, disappointed, sad. Life is so amazing, and being a fan of WDW is so much fun!! Ok I am done. Oh and I am sure you will try to convince me of something and take apart my comments and rag on me. So be it. I can take it. Have fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom