Split Stay

Yenfid

How do you book a split stay? Can you do it on line from the web site or do you need to call and do it that way? And how does that work with tickets? Do you buy all 10 days for you first part of your trip and then link it to your second?

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
How do you book a split stay? Can you do it on line from the web site or do you need to call and do it that way? And how does that work with tickets? Do you buy all 10 days for you first part of your trip and then link it to your second?

Disney doesn’t use the term split stay. It is two reservations back to back.

My advice is to book 2 room-only reservations, and buy tickets separately. You don’t link tickets to a reservation in this case, only to you. You can then book FPs for all days of both stays at once, but ADRs will have two windows.

Packages make it mor complicated. The tickets would need to be part of the first stay as a package. The second would be room-only. (Otherwise you would be paying for two sets of shorter tickets which would be more expensive). Then you could again book FPs for the whole time at once. But packages are inflexible, and with the new tickets you reportedly cannot activate them early if you change your dates. Unless you would be saving hugely with some special deal I would stay away from packages.

Upvote 0

Yenfid

Original Poster
Disney doesn’t use the term split stay. It is two reservations back to back.

My advice is to book 2 room-only reservations, and buy tickets separately. You don’t link tickets to a reservation in this case, only to you. You can then book FPs for all days of both stays at once, but ADRs will have two windows.

Packages make it mor complicated. The tickets would need to be part of the first stay as a package. The second would be room-only. (Otherwise you would be paying for two sets of shorter tickets which would be more expensive). Then you could again book FPs for the whole time at once. But packages are inflexible, and with the new tickets you reportedly cannot activate them early if you change your dates. Unless you would be saving hugely with some special deal I would stay away from packages.
So if I book everything separately I can then link the tickets to all three of us going and then make our fast passes at once but adr at two different dates? Correct?

Upvote 0

Seeshark

On all the split stays I've done, I've set them up by phone, and attached the tickets to the first reservation, which if memory serves has been usually part of a package. Second bookings have been room only, usually discounted via a Disney deal or Visa deal, though I usually add the dining plan. I don't know if it would have been cheaper to do park tickets separate from the resort bookings, but it was all pretty easy. Just remember the dining plan, if you have one, doesn't carry through the entire trip. You'll have one for both ends. Wasn't a big deal, just a little extra planning. Love the split stay! They'll move your luggage, anything in the frig, etc. But on my first split stay, it all arrived at the new place up against a dinner reservation, and we were still in bathing suits we had carried with us through the day. So on my following stays, I've grabbed cabs on my way out and just dropped the luggage at the new place so it'd be there when my room was ready or if I wanted to come back early to swim and leave that stuff behind instead of bringing it to the parks. I also took the opportunity to make myself known at the front desk, ask about a room preference, that sort of thing. Have fun! Just curious - where are you doing your split?

Upvote 0

Yenfid

Original Poster
On all the split stays I've done, I've set them up by phone, and attached the tickets to the first reservation, which if memory serves has been usually part of a package. Second bookings have been room only, usually discounted via a Disney deal or Visa deal, though I usually add the dining plan. I don't know if it would have been cheaper to do park tickets separate from the resort bookings, but it was all pretty easy. Just remember the dining plan, if you have one, doesn't carry through the entire trip. You'll have one for both ends. Wasn't a big deal, just a little extra planning. Love the split stay! They'll move your luggage, anything in the frig, etc. But on my first split stay, it all arrived at the new place up against a dinner reservation, and we were still in bathing suits we had carried with us through the day. So on my following stays, I've grabbed cabs on my way out and just dropped the luggage at the new place so it'd be there when my room was ready or if I wanted to come back early to swim and leave that stuff behind instead of bringing it to the parks. I also took the opportunity to make myself known at the front desk, ask about a room preference, that sort of thing. Have fun! Just curious - where are you doing your split?
French Quarter/Beach Club

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom