Split Stay question re: charges

Dory71

Original Poster
Has anyone ever had a split stay and ended up with charges on their credit card that they did not have a folio for? We stayed at BWV and Poly earlier in the month and tried to reconcile my credit card statement but had a charge listed as WDW resorts that I did not recognize. We have emailed guest services but thought someone here might have some insight.

nickys

Premium Member
Has anyone ever had a split stay and ended up with charges on their credit card that they did not have a folio for? We stayed at BWV and Poly earlier in the month and tried to reconcile my credit card statement but had a charge listed as WDW resorts that I did not recognize. We have emailed guest services but thought someone here might have some insight.
So you got a print out / email of all charges to both rooms.

And after reconciling those (which may be in several transactions), you still have one?

My guess is that it’s for charges which applied after you checked out / got the list from resort #1 but before you activated your band in resort #2. Did you charge a meal to your band or something? Or maybe it was delayed in being charged.

Dory71

Original Poster
So you got a print out / email of all charges to both rooms.

And after reconciling those (which may be in several transactions), you still have one?

My guess is that it’s for charges which applied after you checked out / got the list from resort #1 but before you activated your band in resort #2. Did you charge a meal to your band or something? Or maybe it was delayed in being charged.
Thanks nickys! I think you are correct. After talking with our daughter she reminded us that we ate lunch and purchased a popcorn bucket after checking out of BWV but before into the Poly. I was looking for 1 item that matched the total. I wish they could have sent an email so we would have known and not have to bother them. Thanks again!

cmwade77

Honestly, with the new way they handle authorizations, I won't even mess with putting a credit card on the account anymore. Yes, it is one more thing to carry, but it is less hassle.

macefamily

We split back in February between Boardwalk and Saratoga. Boardwalk was our final destination and I forgot to leave a tip for the room attendant. I noticed a $10 charge on my card from Boardwalk. Is that a standard fee if you don't leave a tip ? Just wondering....

JaxFLBear

We split back in February between Boardwalk and Saratoga. Boardwalk was our final destination and I forgot to leave a tip for the room attendant. I noticed a $10 charge on my card from Boardwalk. Is that a standard fee if you don't leave a tip ? Just wondering....
Housekeeping gratuties are not mandatory at Disney. Officialy, those positions are not tipped based on their pay level.

reptar77

We had a similar situation when we changed resorts 4 times. Guest services was extremely helpful it just took them a couple day to get back to us. Funny enough we were charged incorrectly so it is worth double checking.

Chip Chipperson

While you were there did you have any packages (groceries, etc.) delivered to Bell Services or request fresh towels or room cleaning before Day 4 of your stay at that resort?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom