Split Stay Information

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
We are doing a split stay for our next visit. We're going for 4 days to POFQ and then my parents will be joining us in Orlando and we will all stay at The Polynesian Resort. My parents booked the second reservation, so it is in their name but they booked 2 rooms. Can we still use our 4 day park tickets on days when we're "technically" not registered anywhere? We will be there for 8 days total. Can we still use our magic bands? I'm aware that our DDP will expire at midnight when we check out of our first resort but does anything else expire?

JohnD

Park tickets don't require a resort stay so you'll be fine there as they are valid for park entry. While you can book FPs on your checkout day from POFQ, YOU won't be able to for your stay at Poly. However, if you work with your parents, make sure one of them is set up with an MDE account and then include your family as "friends". Make sure they give you privileges to make FPs for the group. Does that make sense?

WDWFan2018

Original Poster
Park tickets don't require a resort stay so you'll be fine there as they are valid for park entry. While you can book FPs on your checkout day from POFQ, YOU won't be able to for your stay at Poly. However, if you work with your parents, make sure one of them is set up with an MDE account and then include your family as "friends". Make sure they give you privileges to make FPs for the group. Does that make sense?

You mean at the 60 day mark? Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. I would have to wait until the 30 day mark to make the rest of my FPs?

JohnD

You mean at the 60 day mark? Yeah, I hadn't thought of that. I would have to wait until the 30 day mark to make the rest of my FPs?

Yes. At the 60 day mark, you could make all of your FPs as long as you are connected as "friend or family" with your parents. At 30 days, you could just make your FPs because of your tickets only.

I do split stays all the time. I would also suggest going to the front desk at the Poly and having them scan your bands to make sure everything is set up. You want to use your bands to get into your Poly rooms and also make sure your theme park tickets are linked in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom