Split Stay Between Universal Resorts: Luggage Transfer?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Our current plan (and cheapest possible arrangement, given the current APH rates for our dates - long story, and yes our plans have changed since my last post due to newly-released rates, but there's still no attractive APH rate that covers all 3 nights of our stay) is 2 nights at Royal Pacific Resort (standard room at the APH rate of $238/night after taxes and fees, rate unavailable for a third night), followed by 1 night at the Hard Rock Hotel (pool view room at the APH rate of $280/night after taxes and fees, rate unavailable for preceding nights).

Packing/unpacking won't be a big deal, but we're not sure how to get our luggage from one place to the other conveniently. I know there is a "complimentary transfer" service for the Universal luxury hotels that we can arrange to take us from one hotel to the other, with our luggage. Does anybody know if there's a way to just have the luggage transferred, without us having to be part of the delivery?

Our plan for the transfer day is to take off to a water park in the morning and be away until after dinnertime. I'm guessing that if we have to accompany our luggage in order to transfer, maybe the best time to do it will be at the end of the day, rather than in the morning when we're trying to rope drop a water park, and we can leave our bags with RPR Bell Services in the meantime.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or recent experiences. I've Googled this, but haven't found any definitive answers. It appears that the policies around resort transfers at Universal have changed a bit over the years. If you have done this, can you tell me how it went, if you had to accompany your luggage, and how long the transfer took?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom